Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Since when did our colours change to Rainbow?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:59 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

All clubs do it. It is just a sign of the current times we live in. 20 years from now it will probably get switched out for some other political statement like the CCP or something, heaven forbid. Personally I don't like it nor do I like the Welcome to Country speeches we get exposed to ad nauseum against our will. The world is a place filled with political propaganda everywhere you look. We will be the architects of our own doom eventually. Until then I'll just keep watching the replay of the 2023 AFL Grand Final that we won. Go Pies!!

MONCO: Your life.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 2:18 pm

100% monco matt.

its simply the world we live in now a days.

as look as it does not interfear with my day to day living i donot care either way.

simply put i just like the pies winning games and paying good footy.

the rest i simply get on with my life as per usual simple
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 2:59 pm

It will always be a tribute to the Vietnam vets for me.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:24 pm

It's a small price to pay to avoid the criticism and hysteria of "offended" snowflakes.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:08 pm

It's funny to hear about these supposedly hysterical and constantly offended "snowflakes" when the only people taking offence in here seem to be the ones who don't like the rainbow.

I'm not sure I can recall anyone once complaining about its absence or demanding that we add pride symbols to our merchandise before this logo was put up on the website. So all this talk about criticism and hysteria on the other side seems like a lot of projection to me.

i hate carlton 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:40 pm

There is nothing wrong with the rainbow colours on the club website, or supporting any of the groups that rainbow represents. The Pies should be and are inclusive, and can always try to live up to it. It isnt 1923.

Maybe find something else to be outraged about.

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=66021&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:35 am

I reckon no one knows what the colours mean without looking it up. Anyone who says they do, is a liar.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:10 am

David wrote:
It's funny to hear about these supposedly hysterical and constantly offended "snowflakes" when the only people taking offence in here seem to be the ones who don't like the rainbow.

I'm not sure I can recall anyone once complaining about its absence or demanding that we add pride symbols to our merchandise before this logo was put up on the website. So all this talk about criticism and hysteria on the other side seems like a lot of projection to me.

Don’t get triggered. Here are the next generation snowflakes

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/parenting/hidden-epidemic-jeopardising-a-generation-of-children/news-story/a4689c72e68c25dad0f786873f239e6d

Meredith1965 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:17 am

It’s a political symbol of “progressives”. They want to politicise every single aspect of life, and stamp their mark on everything, because that is what budding totalitarians do. Dogs and lampposts. They have much more energy for this than normal people do to resist, so it happens. Frankly best to ignore adolescent energy.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:02 am

^ So, the Club voluntarily puts a rainbow on its web-site and you're looking for "budding totalitarians"? Facile drivel.
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:36 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
^ So, the Club voluntarily puts a rainbow on its web-site and you're looking for "budding totalitarians"? Facile drivel.

That simply read to me as a Gran Torino "get off my lawn" axiom.
Was the comment directed at me, the Club or society in general? I'd be happy to read some detail why the Club are getting it so wrong.
Facile, by definition is ignoring the true complexities of an issue. The Club aren't ignoring their role in the community, they've actively addressed it and hardly ramming it down our throat.
And to suggest any inclusion statement is totalitarian is just so far from the definition, but more reflective of the dog whistling right that suggest our society is falling down around us because of an effort to make any part of the community feel less ostracised.

If anyone feels the Club is not on track with this, or indeed unclear what this represents, use your position as a member to seek clarification, and if you disagree with any symbolism, then you can then do it from an informed perspective.

Last edited by LaurieHolden on Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:52 pm; edited 4 times in total
Magpies Nest Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:47 am

@Laurie, I think P4S's comment was directed one above at Meredith1965 who made the extraordinary leap of equating the rainbow symbol with "budding totalitarianism". Your post and P4S's are timestamped the same, this may explain why you thught he was commenting on yours rather than the one above.
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:50 am

Magpies Nest wrote:
@Laurie, I think P4S's comment was directed one above at Meredith1965 who made the extraordinary leap of equating the rainbow symbol with "budding totalitarianism". Your post and P4S's are timestamped the same, this may explain why you thought he was commenting on yours rather than the one above.

Cheers, MN, that's what I meant / re-enforcing P4S response, following on from the original comment.

Last edited by LaurieHolden on Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:06 am

Meredith1965 wrote:
It’s a political symbol of “progressives”. They want to politicise every single aspect of life, and stamp their mark on everything, because that is what budding totalitarians do. Dogs and lampposts. They have much more energy for this than normal people do to resist, so it happens. Frankly best to ignore adolescent energy.

Conservatives always get this wrong. The club didn't put this up because a posse of teenage green-haired non-binary TikTokers stormed the AIA Centre and demanded that Collingwood adopt a pride logo. That's never how stuff like this works.

What really happened was that some Liberal Party-voting corporate suit on multiple hundreds of thousands of dollars a year thought that co-opting this symbol would be a good branding manoeuvre, signal our "values" and attract more lucrative sponsorships, and the rest of the corporate suits on the board thought that was a good idea because it would make the club more money. Even if they don't put it that way or even admit it to themselves, that's what it boils down to.

Personally I see this all as kind of benign in the end and at worst as a nice gesture that might make some people feel more welcomed and included, which I hope most of us can agree is not a bad thing. But I never for a moment think that it's part of any organic progressive movement or that the club would be doing this if it wasn't 100% safe and guaranteed not to cause meaningful backlash. What that should signal to those who don't like pride symbols is that the world has well and truly passed them by, and that when they complain about this stuff they're just shouting into the void.

Meredith1965 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:00 pm

David wrote:
^

You’re right about the suits. The Prog Left and the big corporates are in lock step on this stuff. The suits only care about money, and the prog Left want to brand all of life with their political obsessions. They are the machine.

Of course everyone should be allowed to live their life as they choose without harassment. And creating a workplace where that is the case is legitimate. That is a different thing to the politicisation of every sphere of life with the ideology of big business and uni students.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5   

Jump to: