Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match...GF Debacle..all comments here please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 12:02 am
Post subject: Post Match...GF Debacle..all comments here pleaseReply with quote

Have your whatever here thanks!
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 12:13 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

The Collingwood Team I saw tonight, was not the same Collingwood team I've seen play the last 3 weeks. It didn't seem to matter what they did, it seemed to bungle. Last year when we lost the GF, I was still so proud of the boys because they really played a fantastic game on top of a fantastic year, i didn't see that tonight. It took me back to the old days. I don't know what happened, but it happened overnight.
MM grow back your mo!!!!! Was it like Sampson and we lost all our strength when that little bit of facial hair came off?
I know it's only the Wizard Cup, but it's still football and it was still our chance and basically, we blew it.
I suppose I should be magnamous in our loss and congratulate the Crows. (God that hurt)
magpiefanatic 

Aged Pensioner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 12:17 am

Never been one to be a one eyed UMPIRE basher, even with the mad throng around me at the new Sydney Collingwood Supporters Club Base, screaming abuse at the oranges, however there were some crucial decisions against us that resulted in goals to the Squawkers, instead of frees to us that may or may not have led to us scoring. Where did these Crows fans appear from, must have been Swans in disguise. Carey surprised, unfortunatley and despite what all else thinks ...he is going to kick some butt this year.......Still it is only the pre season. Tarrants Report...well we know we are gonna cop it at the tribunal..despite the fact yet again..it was accidental and there was no way Chris could have stopped and pulled out of the collision.
eddieforprez 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 9:49 am
Post subject: Hoensty - sometimes it hurtzReply with quote

1.Tarrant will get 2, he lifted his elbow.
2.Show any supporter tape of the 2nd quarter.We were crucified by line ball decisions.
3.Mcleod is a champion.Who was on him?
4.Our forward line was stagnant.Perhaps we scrficied movement to bolster the centre/half forwards.

Honestly folks we need to get the best dictionary we can find tear out the page with 'momentum' and send it to no 20. We hhad a red hot chance to go 8 points down 8-9 minutes in last quarter.Why did he short pass?Also cc the goal umpire who clould not understand the field umpires instructions to signal 3 points for the rushed behind.Nice move goalie cost us at least a minutes momentum.
We would have been better suited to the wide open spaces of aami stadium. Time and again the ball was lokced up in the centre.

Now for the season proper.In a way perhaps a reality check like last night
will prove beneficial.

Ps we are not the only ones to feel the way we do about the umpires, my seat was right near the doorfo the presidents lunch and as Wayne Jackson walked past for the start of the 3rd quarter i asked him he would have to be happy with the umpiring? His embarressed glance said it all.

hotpies 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 1:20 pm

The Crows clearly played the better game. I don't think you can say many good things about the teams efforts last night, and i don't think MM would want to either. This is what is must feel being a Carlton supporter last year....
Collingwood need to pull up there socks and deliver those kicks and handballs better to players. Our forwards need to make more leads for our wing and ff's to kick to. We need to clear the ball much faster and more accuretly to players so they can run and kick far. ONe of the most scariest things i viewed last night was our ruckwork, we need a ruckman that can move it on.
This game was much like the Bulldogs game we played before we went over the vs port adelaide in the final series last year, the bulldogs ran us ragged everywhere and they deserved to win much like the adelaide crows last night, but then we went over to vs port adelaide and won then we bet adelaide.....i think Collingwood can have problems with their mental games, much more then their pyshical game.
I just hope i don't see this type of play ever again.
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 1:30 pm

The Crows are a pretty good football team and will be hard to stop.

Perrie looks to have improved quite a bit for them. They have two very good ruckman in Clarke and Biglands. Their forward will be bolstered if Carey plays majority of the season and Burns can kick some goals. They also seem to have great self confidence. Nigel Smart is fairly arrogant but he backs it up on the field. Carey is also very arrogant.

At least the players will now see that a tough road faces us if we wish to get to the heights of last year. Hopefully this will inspire the players to greater things.

Licuria was meant to be on McLeod but a couple times got lost in traffic. McLeod is all class and it shows how great Licurias job at football park last year on McLeod was.

A couple times Cloke was caught out when the ball was turned over as he had backed himself to win the ball. The backline also missed Prestigiacomo.

jlc
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 2:27 pm

In the little bit that was written in todays Sunday Telegraph stated that Collingwood the team that looses Grand Finals.
we didint loose it last night the PIES were beaten by a better side on the night.
Carey tried to make a difference,but there hype behind him was enought to make any team collpse on the spot.
We got a report on Sky News taht Bucks went off the ground.What was it for and will he be fit for the opening game.

yep eh dai 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 5:02 pm

Bucks got a corked left arm, is fine now though. Last night we were killed at the clearances, simple as that. This caused a chain reaction which forced us to bring talls back which inturn = THE SAME OLD STORY! No centre half %&%$&^& forward line. Rocca had a shocker (no pun intended),

like mike said, we learnt from this and will only get better.

Bring on round one minus burns, licuria, Cloke and Tarrant
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 5:33 pm

I think we will do well to win the opener.

Licuria Burns and maybe Woewodin absent leaves a big hole in our midfield.

Tarrant wont be such a big loss as normally Gaspar gets the better of him.

I think it will be a good challenge first up for the pies.

jlc
molloymagic Aquarius

*Thanks 4 the great memorys Jarrod!**miss ya*

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 5:39 pm

I managed to see the whole 1st quarter(PATHETIC UMPIRES!!!!!!!!). I know you shouldn;t blame the umpires,but oh my god when Betheras(who i thought should have had a shot at goal instead of passing it oh well) and the player he kicked it to GOT HIS HEAD RIPPED OFF!!!!!!!!!!!. That was a damn shocking descision!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.And i think the umpire said something like'didnt see it!!!!!' my god,i swear that umpire is blind. Anyway,i was p****ed off with that but saying that I missed the 2nd quarter as i was called to dinner as it was my fathers birthday as so didn;t see this quarter but i really wanted to stay,anyway i came back and saw near the end of the 2nd quarter that we were behind and well behind and so i thought well lets just sit this out and hope at least they get back in the game. I know its painfull to watch this mighty magpies go down like this but man i love these magpies but my god they are really frustrating sometimes!!!!!!!!!!!.
*'94-03:10 Gr8 yrs*
*169 Games* *'02 V.C*
*2nd in '01 copeland
Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 5:44 pm

We were murdered. And not just by the umpires. Also by a combination of poor gathering and subsequent poor disposal (under pressure).

Adelaide were able to swoop on the ball in their forward line and bag goals. Besides Molly's goal I can not remember us doing the same.

It was disappointing, but you can tell it was just a preseason competition, because the loss did not hurt as much. Not like the last Saturday, last September, when the faithful were crying all over the place. Last night, everyone just went quietly home.

Bring on the Tiges.

fan4collingwood Aries

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 7:58 pm

I think MM was using this game as a preseason experimental game.....why was bucks off for most of the second quarter?/???
The crows played very well, and some bright spark[NOT] put a crows scarf over my maypie in the front yard..........seeing as I live in Adelaide, I could blame all my neighbours....but it is now in the bin where it belongs!
Hurricane 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 8:17 pm

It was a very strange feeling after last nights game.

After the real GF last year, I wasn't initially that disappointed, just really proud of our boys. I went into that game hoping but not expecting to win. We gave it our all that day and nobody could question our heart. The disappointment didn't really hit until I saw Lica cry and then I realised what it all meant. It didn't hit me til then and the pain still lingers 6 months on.

The weird thing is that I was more disappointed after last nights game, even though it doesn't really mean much (BTW I'm pretty much over it by now unlike the GF last year). I went into that game way over confident and sure we would win. Nothing went our way and we didn't play the way we know we can.

My only worry is that this will linger on the players minds if and when we make the GF again. Hopefully they are over it now too.
Rocccaaaaa23 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 9:04 pm

Watched the game last night here in Brisbane (thank god for Fox Footy).

A number of observations.

1. We were beaten by a better side on the night.
2. Umpiring was abysmal. If this is what we have to put up with all season then help us.
3. I honestly think that we probaboly went into the game a little over confident.
4. It was a reality check.

What we have to remember that it is only Pre-Season. How many premiership points were up for stake last night?

Oh and one last thing - you know that the footy season is around the corner when all the anti-Collingwood morons start bombarding news groups with such brilliant posts like "Suffer - another grand final loss, and looks like a long season ahead."
Nicholas 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 9:11 pm

a big reality check. Let's keep the egos in check!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4   

Jump to: