Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

No room for Lokan, Obree, Scotland & Fraser (as a ruckma

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MAGPIRA 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 10:50 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

creedymagpie wrote:

We have alot of players who are underdone including- Woewodin, Rocca, Fraser and Licuria

How can Woewodin be underdone?
Rohan 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 11:40 am

JLC wrote:

The only ruckman with tapping ability going around was Everitt.

It's all about the opportunity cost of getting a player such as Everitt. I've always had reservations about the character of Everitt but having said that, his influence around the ground and in the centre possibly outweighs these concerns about his character.

I believe we will never challenge for a flag without a passable ruckman. Sadly Stunning and Josh aren't.

Rohan 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 12:02 pm

tessa403 wrote:
We lost by only 9 points last year in the Grand Final, was that not a challenge?

Near enough but not good enough.

There is no doubt in my mind that if we had a ruckman of note in that side we would have won the premiership. Maybe I should say we will never win a premiership without a passable ruckman.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 12:18 pm

Rohan wrote:
JLC wrote:

The only ruckman with tapping ability going around was Everitt.

It's all about the opportunity cost of getting a player such as Everitt. I've always had reservations about the character of Everitt but having said that, his influence around the ground and in the centre possibly outweighs these concerns about his character.

I believe we will never challenge for a flag without a passable ruckman. Sadly Stunning and Josh aren't.

I think Malthouse looks at the players character on and off the field before recruiting them. Most of the players (experienced) Malthouse has recruited are very hard workers on and off the field. Im not sure whether Everitt fits into that category. From what you hear in general you wouldnt think so.

jlc
Rohan 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 12:37 pm

JLC wrote:
I think Malthouse looks at the players character on and off the field before recruiting them. Most of the players (experienced) Malthouse has recruited are very hard workers on and off the field. Im not sure whether Everitt fits into that category. From what you hear in general you wouldnt think so.

He's doing alright at Hawthorn apparently in the preseason. I think he (anyone) suffered from the culture at St. Kilda and that's why he's got an image in the media.

If you look at Clement he stagnated at Fremantle because of the weak culture but as soon as he changed to Collingwood and a new culture, he became a better player. (btw I wouldn't call Holland a hard worker).

The character test is fine but at the end of the day footballers with skills win you games of football and premierships moreso than "perfect" characters.

Because Everitt isn't a hard worker doesn't mean he isn't a great footballer. Just look at Mark Waugh.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 1:02 pm

Lets just wait and see how Everitt goes over the course of the season. A leopards spots only get smaller they dont disappear altogether.

jlc
TRELOS 

TRELOS

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 1:09 pm

IMO I think Rhys Shaw was our best player, people will probably disagree but what he did tonite was excellent, whenever he got the ball he made good use of it, went it hard, used his speed. Buckley also was excellent, as he always is. I think wat hurt us was a couple of umpiring decisions and extremely stupid turnovers which results in goals. Eg: Anthony Rocca had the ball in the centre should have kicked it forward, instead tries to disguise his kick to Molloy, miss kicks it, 2 on 1 against molloy crows go down and kick a goal. Tarkyn marks about 40 out, should have had a shot, goes short to Rupe, straight to a crows defenders. Tazza had it on 50, miss kicks it straight into Nigel Smarts hands, which results in crows goaling. They were all avoidable errors.
Also WE nEED A RUCKMAN, MCKEE CANT RUCK IN THE CENTRE BOUNCEs, he does well around the ground but in the centre he cant win, i heard on the radio on the way home, we didnt win one tapout in the centre last nite, thats SHOCKING
*Rach_luvs_Lonie* Aries

*~LiL bItTa CoUnTrY..LiL bItA mJ~*

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 6:35 pm

Yeh I agree Brooke, well sed Leah dude!
Luv Rach!!xoxox
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: