Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

No room for Lokan, Obree, Scotland & Fraser (as a ruckma

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mgh3536 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 10:28 pm
Post subject: No room for Lokan, Obree, Scotland & Fraser (as a ruckmaReply with quote

Guys hear me out

Lokan has been good in the preseason but Shaw has been as well.

Obree had a shocker 2002 and 2003 is not looking good, does not use the ball, is not a good tackler.

Fraser was exposed, look at him he watches the ruckman as he runs in, not good enough for the amount of time that has been put into him at this stage.

I cannot believe how many times we had guys caught on the wrong foot.
Wakelin, Lonie (excuse the goal) Obree Licuria it happened again and again
we need to be harder at the ball. Not enough room on the forward line for Davis, Fraser and Didak.

Too many times the best user of the ball was the receiver too many times Obree, Scotland, Johnson, Williams, Licuria received from Buckley, Lockyer.

Finally Tarkyn Lockyer is a player we must persevere with how ever we must accept he is a softcock......
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 10:42 pm
Post subject: Re: No room for Lokan, Obree, Scotland & Fraser (as a ruReply with quote

mgh3536 wrote:
Guys hear me out

Lokan has been good in the preseason but Shaw has been as well.

Obree had a shocker 2002 and 2003 is not looking good, does not use the ball, is not a good tackler.

Fraser was exposed, look at him he watches the ruckman as he runs in, not good enough for the amount of time that has been put into him at this stage.

I cannot believe how many times we had guys caught on the wrong foot.
Wakelin, Lonie (excuse the goal) Obree Licuria it happened again and again
we need to be harder at the ball. Not enough room on the forward line for Davis, Fraser and Didak.

Too many times the best user of the ball was the receiver too many times Obree, Scotland, Johnson, Williams, Licuria received from Buckley, Lockyer.

Finally Tarkyn Lockyer is a player we must persevere with how ever we must accept he is a softcock......

I disagree with your opinion on Lockyer. Bit harsh i think considering the numerous times he has backed into packs in the past. This i consider to be one of the more corageous things a player can do on the football field.

I also think there is plenty of room in the forward line for Didak Fraser and Neon Leon. They will complement Rocca, Tarrant and Molloy.

jlc
gobbles21 Virgo

It is what it is...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 11:06 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Totaly agree with JLC, Tarkyn is not soft.
Fraser didn't do alot tonight cause of a lack of game time due to an injury suffered in the match. Although I agree that when he was on Biglands flogged him.
creedymagpie Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 11:32 pm

Jesus Christ!

I cant believe that we lose one game (against a quality side who will finish top 4 and who have been training for about 3-4 weeks more than us) and everybody starts getting on players backs!

Lets remember that it is still a pre season match.

I will say that i was disapointed that we lost and that we didnt have the pace or the energy to keep up with them, but they had a very fit team who are ready to play rd 1 now.

We have alot of players who are underdone including- Woewodin, Rocca, Fraser and Licuria.

Im just wrapt that we got so far because i wouldnt have been suprised if we went out in the first round.

Im also wrapt about the form of players like Didak and Lokan!

Stan Magro 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 11:59 pm

Creedymagpie, the crows finished one week before us last season remember they played us in the Prelim Final so they would have started a week earlier than us not 3 or 4 weeks earlier, we have played four Wiz Cup games 3 of the 4 players you mention have played in all four, Rocca, Fraser and Woewodin so match fitness wouldn't be an issue baiscally the two teams fitness wise would be at the same level, the reason we lost tonight is because the Crows were much harder at the ball and didn't give our players any space at all and they converted their chances. When you have Woewodin & Tarrant missing set shots each and Lonie missing on the run in the second quarter and Burns and Lockyer missing a set shot each within a minute or two of each other in the third quarter that really hurts a side who have been pressured all night.
creedymagpie Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 12:06 am

Bloody hell i get bagged for sticking up for the players!

Let me say that yes Rocca and Fraser have played in all games but have got hardly any game time!

Our kicking for goal was pathetic, i will admit that.

And Collingwood had an extended Break than even Brisbane so i believe that Adelaide started more than a week before us.

We just didnt have the fitness to keep up with them, and it obvious that we were not as skillful as them.

Rohan 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 12:12 am

I reckon Lokan will be a great pick up.

As for Josh he has to step up now. I'm sick of excuses for him and this year is make or break for him.

Stan Magro 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 12:21 am

CreedyMagpie I wasn't bagging you dude, I was just pointing out that basically our fitness is pretty much at the same level as the Crows we just got beaten by a more physical team last night.
Foreverpies 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 12:59 am

AT IT AGAIN I SEE......

Quick to pick and choose when we lose a single game.

Round 1 Josh, Tarks or O'B will have a blinder and you'll all say how good they are for us and how much of a superstar they'll be....

Support them all the time or don't support them at all, because it's us who gives them the confidence they need to play well!
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 1:11 am

WELL SAID DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Sanabas 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 2:59 am

If it's us who gives them the confidence they need there's something very very wrong somewhere. Somebody who loses confidence because of someone he's never met writing on a messageboard he hasn't read that he's out of form, lacking in various skills etc doesn't have the mentality to succeed at an elite port. And supporting doesn't mean blindly praising either. Suggesting that Fraser's not a ruckman doesn't mean not supporting him. He's not a ruckman, and he's shown very little so far to indicate he'll develop into a ruckman. As for the original post in this thread, we had 24 play last night, Lica, Cloke & Burns will all be missing in rd 1, we have Freeborn & McGough who didn't play last night, so there'll be 1 player at most missing from last night's side, unless we decide to debut someone who hasn't played during the preseason, or give Cole or Holland games they haven't earned. Provided we aren't missing anyone else, the player from those 23 who'll miss should be one of Johnson, Lokan, Shaw & McGough. Pretty difficult to make a case for Fraser, Scotland, Lokan & O'Bree to all miss round 1. The pressure will be on in the midfield because by round 3 2 players will have to go to make room for Burns & Lica.
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 3:23 am

We'll be struggling to even get a team on the field for round 1. We'll have Cloke, Burns, Licuria and probably Tarrant all out on suspension, quite apart from any injury problems we might have picked up tonight.

So I doubt if we've got the luxury of leaving Scotland or O'Bree out. Both are fine capable players and must be perservered with.

As for Lokan ... I'm sure he's a long term prospect. Whether he's ready for the big-time yet I don't really know. But I certainly wouldn't be passing judgement on him yet.

And Josh ... well I agree he's no ruckman. But as I've said on several other topics, he will be a champion if used more wisely.
GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 9:32 am

big deal we lost a pre season game even though it was was a pre season gf let the real stuff come on we have experimented ext now we gonna see the real Magpies.
Rohan 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 9:36 am

Sanabas wrote:
And supporting doesn't mean blindly praising either.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Josh has had adequate time to prove himself as a ruckman and footballer. Now is the time to start delivering and not making excuses.

Fact is we would have won a Grand Final with a passable ruckman. Fact is the recruiters have failed to address this situation over the summer.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 9:47 am

Rohan wrote:
Sanabas wrote:
And supporting doesn't mean blindly praising either.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Josh has had adequate time to prove himself as a ruckman and footballer. Now is the time to start delivering and not making excuses.

Fact is we would have won a Grand Final with a passable ruckman. Fact is the recruiters have failed to address this situation over the summer.

Which ruckman should they have got? Essendon were also after a ruckman but stuck with Alessio. That should give you an indication that good ruckman are not easy to get. Although Essendon do have salary cap contrains.

The only ruckman with tapping ability going around was Everitt.

jlc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: