Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Time to get #42 back on the field

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Leave it well alone I think. Wasn't Millane's number 42 guernsey buried with him?
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:45 pm

Up to his family, but I reckon if Pants himself could have a say from the afterlife, he would be rapt to see some young talented kid like Bobby Hill, or Jack Ginni, wearing No. 42 again. Just saying.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:05 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Up to his family, but I reckon if Pants himself could have a say from the afterlife, he would be rapt to see some young talented kid like Bobby Hill, or Jack Ginni, wearing No. 42 again. Just saying.

Its also a hell of a burden to put on a young kid's back.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:22 pm

Zai Millane (Gold Coast Suns Academy player and Darrens nephew) is the only chance we see this number return.

But 1. Is he good enough to be drafted?

And 2. Theres complications with academy picks and the chance he could end up anywhere even if the Suns dont get him.

Height: 188cm. Weight: 75kg. D.O.B: 13-01-2006. https://www.playhq.com/public/profile/589b25da-d35a-4975-9d22-76e0e0ef9aed/statistics?tenant=afl

2024 will be his draft year.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:20 pm

Gerry Cooper wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

So was putting NO. 35 onto young Nick, prior to not having played a single match. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:04 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Gerry Cooper wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

So was putting NO. 35 onto young Nick, prior to not having played a single match. Surprised

Nick gets a different sort of pressure I think but support too, given the family connection. Anyone wearing 42 gets the pressure of expectation plus (I hate to say it) its a dead man's number and that's complex too. I'm not sure about it but in First Nation's culture would that cause some distress? I would be interested to hear.

If you want to give a kid a number to encourage them - try Albert Collier's number 7. He's a great example for any kid to follow - A Brownlow, 3 Copelands and six premierships.

LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:41 am

Nice touch, whomever did this.

Millane.jpg

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:52 am

Presti35 wrote:
Zai Millane (Gold Coast Suns Academy player and Darrens nephew) is the only chance we see this number return.

But 1. Is he good enough to be drafted?

And 2. Theres complications with academy picks and the chance he could end up anywhere even if the Suns dont get him.

Height: 188cm. Weight: 75kg. D.O.B: 13-01-2006. https://www.playhq.com/public/profile/589b25da-d35a-4975-9d22-76e0e0ef9aed/statistics?tenant=afl

2024 will be his draft year.

I will be keeping an eye on any news regarding Zai this year. I hope he is good enough to at least be rookie drafted. Wouldnt it be something if he ended up on our list.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18
Page 18 of 18   

Jump to: