Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Farewell #8 Trent Bianco

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:40 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Prexm68 wrote:
Clifton Hill-Billy wrote:
After first quarter was questioning why he was selected, despite heroics against the druggies, thought Carmichael should have been given a shot instead of Bianco. He fought his way back into the game nicely and keeps his spot in the side

Carmichael comes in 22 for Adams. Someone has to go out for Mihocek, he could still be the one.

Yeah, that's my feeling too. He might be the injury sub this week. He is certainly becoming a very good player.
Meredith1965 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:49 pm

My guess is that Carmichael stays the injury sub because, not having had a proper AFL pre-season or two, he probably does not have the tank to run out a full game in the midfield, so Bianco will stay in the side.
Cuthbert Collingwood Aquarius

Once was on fire, now all at sea

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:37 pm

His third quarter was pure silk. That and his sublime pass to a Elliot the week before means he stays in the side
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:32 pm

Meredith1965 wrote:
My guess is that Carmichael stays the injury sub because, not having had a proper AFL pre-season or two, he probably does not have the tank to run out a full game in the midfield, so Bianco will stay in the side.

Logic says you are probably right, but Fly recently said that Carmy is "an aerobic beast". That suggests he already has a great tank.
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:38 pm

I like him, I think he stays

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:31 pm

Swapping JDG and Carmichael through the centre square and forward will hopefully cover Adams till we get Adams back. Be interesting to see what happens with Grundy this week.
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:31 pm

Swapping JDG and Carmichael through the centre square and forward will hopefully cover Adams till we get Adams back. Be interesting to see what happens with Grundy this week.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:58 pm

I wouldn't be surprised to see Cal Brown in for Adams. Carmichael seems to have played mainly high forward, not inside mid.

I'd keep Carmichael in the side and drop Bianco to medical sub.

If Checkers is fit, he's in and I'd be tempted to give Grundy another run in the VFL but if Checkers stays out, bring in Grundy, plonk him at CHF, keep Cox and Cameron and give May and Lever something to think about.

MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:11 pm

Watched Bianco in action for Doncaster, then Oakleigh Chargers.

Dare to say that with a few more senior games, he will become an ace.
Meredith1965 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:39 pm

stui magpie wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised to see Cal Brown in for Adams. Carmichael seems to have played mainly high forward, not inside mid.

If Checkers is fit, he's in and I'd be tempted to give Grundy another run in the VFL but if Checkers stays out, bring in Grundy, plonk him at CHF, keep Cox and Cameron and give May and Lever something to think about.

Yes, Cal Brown is the closest approximation we have for Adams, right down to the iffy disposal. He’ll be as hungry as a vegan mastiff, so I’d give him his last shot at becoming an AFL player for Collingwood these next few weeks while Adams is in recovery.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:31 pm

Meredith1965 wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Yes, Cal Brown is the closest approximation we have for Adams, right down to the iffy disposal. He’ll be as hungry as a vegan mastiff, so I’d give him his last shot at becoming an AFL player for Collingwood these next few weeks while Adams is in recovery.

If we bring in Cal Brown, we could lose all 3 of our remaining games. I like the kid and he is a goer, but he simply lacks the necessary skills for senior footy imo. Whenever he is picked in our team, I expect a loss, and that's usually what happens. Confused
Brown26 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:52 pm

Surely Finn McRae is the next midfielder in line for a recall. Tyler Brown has bee n racking up the numbers in the 2's too, but he's a different player to Adams I agree.

Nothing wrong with asking Elliot and JDG to full the midfield hole left by Adams, swapping with Carmichael, but I reckon McRae might come in as a reward, keep Carmichael as medi sub (he has won games for us in that position!) and put Elliot in the middle a little more at centre bounces, esp if Checkers comes up.
I reckon there's a fair bit of upside to bringing in McRae for a game or two before the finals, depth is a great thing and you don't want to find out if you've got it or not in a final!

- Ben
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:26 pm

I have no idea why all this rubbish about Callum Brown would be in the Bianco thread - but since it is, here's my post from the Demons pre-match thread, in response to RB saying more or less the same thing, there, as he has here:

Pies4shaw wrote:
^ Macrae had 29 disposals, 8 clearances and 7 tackles. Callum Brown had a fine game - but didn't play as an inside mid. If they haven't given up on Macrae, this is the time to give him a chance. After Macrae, the next best senior-listed player's clearance tally was Thor's 5.
Big T 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:23 am

Macrae would have to be preferred
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 10:40 pm

What ever happened to Bianco I had great faith in that boy last season. ??

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: