Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies demolish Dees. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20
View previous topic :: View next topic  
piffdog 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:35 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
MagpiesTheGreat wrote:
Karma, karma, karma... Smile

“A strong belief from senior figures still a week on is that the Angus Brayshaw furore derailed their finals pitch,” he said On the Couch.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/suck-it-up-claims-stars-ko-derailed-dees-run-after-finals-choke/news-story/9c2756a9a753b9b60e48891ba4c0915f

That's actually really embarrassing for the club if true. That they let an accidental act that led to a player getting injured – hardly unheard of on the football field – wind them up that much and lead them to take their eyes off the ball reflects badly on their culture.

If Goodwin sensed that this was an issue, he should have been firm during the week in the lead-up to the Carlton game that players shouldn't try to go overboard physically to compensate, because any fool would have been able to see that that would end up costing them. But as we saw, he set the wrong example from the beginning and, rather than being professional, fed that seething resentment and sense of being wronged.

Control the things you can control. It's as simple as that. It sounds like Goodwin and Melbourne failed to do that.

Notwithstanding their flag (obviously a great achievement), I think he’s a weak coach. You hear about some of the off field stuff (where there’s smoke there’s fire), coupled with his hypocrisy when calling out on-field events (which I think is unbecoming of the head coach), petty cheap shots like Grundy going to “a club where he is properly loved and valued” (to now be offloading him) and lastly some of their poor coaching decisions (Schache as a sub?) I think are all evidence that he’s bog-average as a coach and potentially as a person given what I think are character flaws (IMO - and granted I don’t actually know him). Contrast that with our man Fly…

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:44 am

Yep, like chalk and cheese. I thought the same immediately when watching that press conference after the qualifying final: there's no way McRae would have reacted so unprofessionally if the shoe had been on the other foot.

I'd forgotten about the Grundy quote, but yeah, wow. Imagine how you'd feel hearing that and then being dropped to the VFL mid-season because there's no role for you in the 23 (something that, needless to say, never happened to Grundy when he was at Collingwood after his first couple of seasons on the list). It makes Goodwin not only spiteful but also insincere. Not a great combination of character traits.

K 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:36 pm

piffdog wrote:
Notwithstanding their flag (obviously a great achievement), I think he’s a weak coach. You hear about some of the off field stuff (where there’s smoke there’s fire), coupled with his hypocrisy when calling out on-field events (which I think is unbecoming of the head coach), petty cheap shots like Grundy going to “a club where he is properly loved and valued” (to now be offloading him) and lastly some of their poor coaching decisions (Schache as a sub?) I think are all evidence that he’s bog-average as a coach and potentially as a person given what I think are character flaws (IMO - and granted I don’t actually know him). ...

Actually reminds me a lot of Dimwit Dimma.

IMHO Dimwit's given way too much credit for the Tiggers' flags. Glad Dimma is coaching another club, so we get more data. But then have to agree on what a pass is. For me, nothing less than a GC flag. (Dunno 'bout North. What's a pass for Clarko??)

And re: off-field stuff, Dimma of course had that affair with a Richmond staffer.

So, yeah, Goodwin and Dimma seem alike...
piffdog 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:41 am

I think Dimma will be cannonised (if not already) because of the successive flags - and maybe Goodwin will be scrutinised because he hasn’t yet grabbed more than one.

While I’m not one to put an asterisk on a premiership (we know how hard they are to win), I do think the Tigers has a bit of luck in being the best team when covid hit. That whole period disrupted the development of every side so it’s no surprise in my opinion that they continued to be the best side.

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:46 am

piffdog wrote:
I think Dimma will be canonized

And why not… I for one am all for him being shot out of a cannon

LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:59 pm

Watched the replay again. We simply owned them in that first half, and apart from the wet and greasy conditions, and some poor skill execution in front of goal we could have really done a number on them.
We switched play on a number of occasions, really disrupting the Melbourne defensive set.
Looking forward to a dry night to really see this machine in top gear.
We're going to miss Adams more than many supporters think though.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:54 am

Yesterday I watched the first quarter. may is an absolute tool! we were not great, but they were bloody shocking!! Oliver is a liability!

We should have been 7 goals to 1. Jamie missed 2 sitters and then checkers missed one too. I could have kicked 2 of them in heels! I cant even walk in heels!

The Maynard incident should never have happened, you can see Brayshaw is unsteady on his feet when he takes the free for headbutting someones knee in our goal square 5 min before the big one.

No 7 for the scum should have been reported for his attack on Maynard.

watched the second quarter today, checkers goal came from a free to Q that i dont think should have been paid. other than that, the umpiring so far isnt bad.

Gees Bobby Hill and DeGoey were fricken amazing in the finals, and pendles and Sidey not far behind. brilliant smother by Murphy too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20
Page 20 of 20   

Jump to: