Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies demolish Dees. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Take_a_Screamer wrote:
Collingwood deserves more praise for Qualifying Final win according to Champion Data

...Hoyne was impressed with how Collingwood was able to get on top of Melbourne. “they had a 200 pressure rating in the first 40 minutes compared to Melbourne's 175. “A lot of the talk has been, how did Melbourne blow it? But for Collingwood to get to a 27-point lead in that 40-minute period was absolutely exceptional on their behalf.”

Taylor Adams - 7 contested possessions
Steele Sidebottom - 8 contested possessions
Jack Crisp - 10 disposals

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/09/13/collingwood-deserves-more-praise-for-qualifying-final-win-according-to/

^Thanks so much TS for this link. Fantastic article...I am now watching the first 40 minutes again to try to appreciate fully what Hoyne is saying in this article.

Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:40 pm

hehe, I just rewatched it too
It's different when you got eyes to see!

❤️️
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
inxs88 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:34 pm

90 nice wrote:
Great news on Maynard tonight cleared to play.

So this is my early line up for the prelim at this stage:

FB: Howe Moore Quaynor
CB: Maynard Murphy Crisp
C: J Daicos N Daicos Marcov
CF: Pendles Mihochek Hill
FF: Elliot McStay Side
R: Cox JDG Mitchell
INT: Adams Cameron McCreery Ginny
SUB: Either Lipinski or Kruger

Dropping WHE??

Fatui Attata 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:17 pm

lazzadesilva wrote:
The biggest issue for me is that we don’t seem to be able to put scoreboard pressure on the opposition because of our inaccurate kicking. This is crucial, especially in a final because it can lead to confidence that we are playing well and cause the opposition to be concerned about the score. This type of psychological pressure is underrated and can lead to panic by the opposition who worry about the fact that they are behind. The longer the pressure is exerted, the more worry we cause. I would have all the forwards practising their goal kicking this week.

What you're hoping we'll do is exactly what we did last Thursday.

Final scores...

Collingwood 9.6.60
Melbourne 7.11.53

9.6 inaccurate??

We made the most of our minimal chances. Melbourne didn't.... they choked all the way along the boundary line, ignoring their team mates standing alone in the corridor. Then we mirrored them and it lulled them into a deeper commitment to hug the boundary all the way to nowhere.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:22 am

A big shout out to Taylor Adams, for a brilliant game. He more than anyone else, led the way in getting tough contested balls, when the game was up for grabs. I know he's got his critics on Nicks, but he has a great record of playing well in finals, and if he can keep it up for another 2 games, it will go a long way to helping us secure another flag. Well done Tay.
Swanny2011 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:50 am

Spot On RudeBoy. I have been an Adams fan for a long time, sure he makes mistakes but his positives far outweigh his negatives.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:04 pm

Only change to prelim is :

In Nick Daicos

Out Lipinski
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:46 pm

IF the Deeeees lose tonight, I wonder what sooky la al Goofy Goodwin will say, what will sore loser say tonight, still blame Bruzza, for upsetting his players, would not surprise me one iota.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:16 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
A big shout out to Taylor Adams, for a brilliant game. He more than anyone else, led the way in getting tough contested balls, when the game was up for grabs. I know he's got his critics on Nicks, but he has a great record of playing well in finals, and if he can keep it up for another 2 games, it will go a long way to helping us secure another flag. Well done Tay.

Absolutely mozzed him! Never be positive.

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:54 am

Piesnchess wrote:
IF the Deeeees lose tonight, I wonder what sooky la al Goofy Goodwin will say, what will sore loser say tonight, still blame Bruzza, for upsetting his players, would not surprise me one iota.

Yeah Piesnchess, as much as I loathe the scum, the fact is that Goodwin pissed me off with his cryptic comments on Bruzza and his constant bloody sooking in just about every bloody interview he did 😡 He can play with his mothballs now and get to know the game of Aussie Rules better so he understands how accidents can happen in the heat of the game 🥸

stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:40 am

RudeBoy wrote:

Arggh and now he's injured... getting nervous.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:46 am

stoliboy wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Arggh and now he's injured... getting nervous.

Pretty damn good replacement, in brilliant Nick Daicos. Now we need not drop anyone. Tay will be right for GF, hes tough as old boots. Wink

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:22 pm

Karma, karma, karma... Smile

“A strong belief from senior figures still a week on is that the Angus Brayshaw furore derailed their finals pitch,” he said On the Couch.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/suck-it-up-claims-stars-ko-derailed-dees-run-after-finals-choke/news-story/9c2756a9a753b9b60e48891ba4c0915f
piffdog 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:01 am

MagpiesTheGreat wrote:

“A strong belief from senior figures still a week on is that the Angus Brayshaw furore derailed their finals pitch,” he said On the Couch.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/suck-it-up-claims-stars-ko-derailed-dees-run-after-finals-choke/news-story/9c2756a9a753b9b60e48891ba4c0915f

Kind of ironic given Lyon was driving the bus all week…

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:32 am

MagpiesTheGreat wrote:

That's actually really embarrassing for the club if true. That they let an accidental act that led to a player getting injured – hardly unheard of on the football field – wind them up that much and lead them to take their eyes off the ball reflects badly on their culture.

If Goodwin sensed that this was an issue, he should have been firm during the week in the lead-up to the Carlton game that players shouldn't try to go overboard physically to compensate, because any fool would have been able to see that that would end up costing them. But as we saw, he set the wrong example from the beginning and, rather than being professional, fed that seething resentment and sense of being wronged.

Control the things you can control. It's as simple as that. It sounds like Goodwin and Melbourne failed to do that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 19 of 20   

Jump to: