Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Labor - The Bad, The Ugly and the occasional Good.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:02 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey you whipper snapper šŸ¤­ you are an example of wisdom wasted on the young šŸ˜Ž As I have always said (having endured/suffered/survived both sides of political governments in my career as a social worker in the Vic public service), I can confidently confirm that they are twins of each other in practice although they pretend to have different sides in their political views. Itā€™s all a facade into fooling the masses that they do it better than whoever the opposition is at that time. People believe this because they want to be active in a ā€œcauseā€ but donā€™t realise that in the end, the path often leads to more people getting lost in the process or suffering system abuse for years. In simple terms, the ultimate goal of both sides is the same, that being in a position to wield Power, control and influence over people in the guise of helping them survive the situations the government has brought about themselves. It is an infinite cycle (of living a lie and let living a lie) that has no end in our current system of politics and government.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:17 pm

^^Conspiracy Theory 101. Next, you will tell everyone you don't vote as you don't trust anyone and we need Donald Trump.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:14 am

https://johnmenadue.com/shiver-runs-up-and-breaks-the-labor-spine/

Quote:
The coalition also suggested that there were now at large up to several hundred rapists, murderers, child sex offenders and other forms of violent and dangerous criminals, detained indefinitely because of the wisdom of previous Liberal governments. Every Australian should tremble in their bed, and should guard their sons and daughters, because of the threat. The mainstream media ā€“ the ABC and the old Fairfax media as enthusiastically as News.com ā€“ took up the cry, particularly as some of those released were alleged to have committed new offences since they were let out. From Dutton down, opposition speakers tried to induce panic and fear; Dutton even suggesting the crisis was such that the prime minister should cancel attendance at international conferences. No one was more panicked than the government itself. They felt unable to resist the tide and focused on more and more measures for close surveillance of the former detainees, and the possibilities of getting them back behind bars. They were dancing almost entirely to the oppositionā€™s tune. The opposition was, as usual, seeking continually to raise (or lower) the bar, proposing ever more fresh and unjust restraints and punishments, and finding, as usual, that there is never a bottom to Labor ministerial cowardice and incompetence when manipulated mob fury is at its height.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:01 pm

More Victoria soft on crime.

14 year old bailed on a Nov attack pushed an elderly person into the Bay.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:41 pm

Worth keeping in mind that remand isn't a punishment in its own right, so it has nothing to do with being "tough" or "soft". It's a decision to be made based on an assessment of the person's danger to the community. Seems to me they pretty obviously made the right call.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:43 pm

^^

What would you do? Lock up a 14 year old?

The old bloke is alive and well, no help from the young dickhead who pushed him into the water, but why would you refuse bail?

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:04 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^^

What would you do? Lock up a 14 year old?

The old bloke is alive and well, no help from the young dickhead who pushed him into the water, but why would you refuse bail?

Yes. He assaulted a woman on the street in November. These pretend tough guys don't want to spend time in jail. 48 hours locked up will change his smart arse attitude quick smart

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:44 pm

^ First of all I assume it'd be juvie, not adult prison, so it'll be what it'll be.

Either way, my preference is rather than using it as a place to beat some sense into him ā€“ who knows, maybe he's already been getting plenty of that at home and elsewhere ā€“ that these places can actually be used for their rehabilitative function. Unfortunately, they don't seem to be fixing many problems at present, particularly for young offenders.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:00 am

Two 16 year olds charged with the murder of the doctor.

Let's just wait and see if they are repeat offenders or on bail.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:41 pm

One has never been caught (the first time in custody) and looks like the other has a nice record. The one with the record refused to have his parents in attendance. It's an Adult Crime and that's what they should face. In saying that I don't think that is what Victoria's legal system has available.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:59 pm

Hopefully they are remanded in custody. Filth like that don't deserve to be free.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:35 pm

They killed someone, they need to wear consequences, but I'd want to know a whole lot more about their backgrounds and upbringings before I'd call for extreme penalties.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:33 am

Jail should always be the last choice and in saying that how do you punish 16-year-olds for Murder? The worst-case scenario as an adult would be 25 years in jail, which means they are out when they are 41 but they will not go to trial as adults. They will go to trial as 16-year-olds and I cannot remember a 16-year-old being convicted of Murder in Victoria in my lifetime. Whatever the outcome it's a very sad situation. Working with young in my area, many just don't see a future and they see robberies as quick cash and good for their social media.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:11 am

^ lock a few up so they don't have their phones and social media and they faux tough guys might just stop being dickheads.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:51 am

What'sinaname wrote:
^ lock a few up so they don't have their phones and social media and they faux tough guys might just stop being dickheads.
Whilst in prison, maybe we can whip them or get them to break rocks. Let's treat them like animals, that will punish them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7   

Jump to: