Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What's going on?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Also this talk of teams going to school on us I don't believe. Our game plan is based on effort. Just like Richmond did for 4 straight years. Everyone new what they where doing they just couldn't stop it (Except us that one glorious night).
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:37 am

BBHS wrote:
Also this talk of teams going to school on us I don't believe. Our game plan is based on effort. Just like Richmond did for 4 straight years. Everyone new what they where doing they just couldn't stop it (Except us that one glorious night).

The fact is that the opposition are working us out, that is evident in our last two losses. I was there at the G on Saturday and Hawthorn had it all worked out. Time after time they countered our “running out of defence” exit strategy and we had nowhere to go. They bombarded our stoic defence and try as they did, Howe, Quaynor, Moore etc couldn’t stem the tide.
I’m telling you, if we are not at our best on Saturday, Geelong will beat us. It is more than a danger game, it is a crucial must win game. Another loss and realistically, we will be damaged goods, especially psychologically where doubt will hamper our efforts to comeback and win games.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:14 am

BBHS wrote:

Correct weight. Bring our manic intensity to the fore this Friday night and the Cats won't know what's hit them.
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:44 am

lazzadesilva wrote:
BBHS wrote:

The fact is that the opposition are working us out, that is evident in our last two losses. I was there at the G on Saturday and Hawthorn had it all worked out. Time after time they countered our “running out of defence” exit strategy and we had nowhere to go. They bombarded our stoic defence and try as they did, Howe, Quaynor, Moore etc couldn’t stem the tide.
I’m telling you, if we are not at our best on Saturday, Geelong will beat us. It is more than a danger game, it is a crucial must win game. Another loss and realistically, we will be damaged goods, especially psychologically where doubt will hamper our efforts to comeback and win games.

I was there as well Lazza and I saw multiple players not running hard enough, single efforts and just flat out not trying at centre bounces. The effort was half arsed at best
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:12 am

lazzadesilva wrote:
BBHS wrote:

Lazz, If we’re talking tactics, then running out of defence isn’t a tactic, it’s now just modern day footy but some simply do it better than others ( including us ) We probably pull the trigger a bit earlier than others but that’s about it as a point of difference. Where tactics come into it, generally centres around where clubs will play their extra and that’s either behind the ball or at the stoppage. Under McRae, we have played our extra at the contest and we have also rolled up our wingers to present as outlets at the stoppage.

It’s been well documented, some clubs will now play the extra ( or two ) against us at the stoppages and also have their wingers playing alongside ours at stoppages. This, along with the drop in form of our inside mids is the “ tactical “ reason why we no longer have the advantage of clearances at stoppages ( obviously centre clearances is different again ) We went from having extra numbers in and around the contest, to being equalised. Then you add the pressure component into the tactics and we go back to the basic principle that no tactic can successfully work without accompanying pressure. The problem with any lack of pressure is two fold. Obviously this doesn’t allow us to execute our tactics effectively but it also allows the opposition to get better value for their tactics.
I suspect behind closed doors, there will now be an admission that what once worked successfully for a season and a half, will now need to be tweaked slightly and also come with an accompanying increased level of intensity in and around the contest. The good news is, any opposition tactic can be nullified if enough pressure and intensity is applied to quell it. Anything less and even the most basic opposition game plans tend to look revolutionary and ground breaking on the day.
The balls in our court but the revival starts with the coaching group and then the players take over on game day. As they say, it’s all about “ managing the message “ these days.
Collingwouldn't 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:06 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
These sky is falling, we are done, over, woe is me, oh woe, woe, woe. Im so over these Negative Nellie threads, yet these are the dorks who , should we beat Geelong , will gush and be joyful on the post game thread, if we have a stirling victory Friday night. its as certain as night follows day. BTW, dont bother rebuking me, I wont be back on this crummy thread, Im out.

Oh, c'mon, man. Don't go. Where else will I get my essential Russian proverbs?
Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:47 pm

Why it's time McRae turned to this Pie (Crisp) to fill Daicos hole
https://www.afl.com.au/news/1004636/why-it-s-time-mcrae-turned-to-this-pie-to-fill-daicos-hole

Collingwood midfielders
Centre bounce, attendance %
Jordan De Goey, 77.4%
Scott Pendlebury, 64.1%
Tom Mitchell, 55.1%
Nick Daicos, 41.4%
Taylor Adams, 37.3%
Jack Crisp, 27.8%

Good sign - Crisp has been named in the middle. Hope he stays there.
Full team vs. Geelong (thanx to David):

B: Jeremy Howe, Darcy Moore, Isaac Quaynor
HB: Brayden Maynard, Nathan Murphy, Will Hoskin-Elliott
C: John Noble, Jack Crisp, Josh Daicos
HF: Scott Pendlebury, Brody Mihocek, Taylor Adams
F: Jamie Elliott, Dan McStay, Beau McCreery
R: Darcy Cameron, Jordan De Goey, Tom Mitchell
Int: Patrick Lipinski, Billy Frampton, Bobby Hill, Oleg Markov
Sub: Jack Ginnivan

Emg: Ed Allan, Ash Johnson, Mason Cox

❤️️
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
MAY-Z 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:19 pm

They just look genuinely cooked

there is no longer the energy in the ball movement and running patterns, i think if you play such a high tempo game like we do you need to rest and rotate more through the season.

8 scores from 10 inside 50s as i type, means the mids arent working well enough to pressure the ball and the defenders dont have the energy to cover
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:03 am

What’s going on now?

A lot of that hunger was back, tackle pressure at evened up the contest. By no means perfect but 2nd and 3rd qtrs were sensational. We take the Lions scalp next week and we are back.

Take_a_Screamer Leo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:04 pm

Howe's move to the forward zone is a recent move by Fly. A new dimension, giving us more options and we become less predictable with the trio of McStay, Checkers and Howe on the park. Also injects much needed excitement by taking those grabs and kicking goals.

Will he be used exclusively in the forward line or share his time in defense? Time will tell.

❤️️
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Take_a_Screamer Leo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:14 pm

Johnno75 wrote:
What’s going on now?

A lot of that hunger was back, tackle pressure at evened up the contest. By no means perfect but 2nd and 3rd qtrs were sensational. We take the Lions scalp next week and we are back.

Yes and it was noticeable that the ball was not getting out much when we didn't take possession. Unlike the previous 2 weeks when the opposition was made to look good by our ineptitude.

Also, as time went on, Geelong were under extra perceived pressure, dropping marks in critical positions and making other errors.

It felt like we beat Geelong by 5 goals, not 8 points. From now, let's get back into instilling fear into the opposition and taking away their self-belief even before the game starts.

❤️️
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:38 pm

Take_a_Screamer wrote:
Magpie Midfield Massacre. The stats don't lie...

Player, Attendences, Centre Clearances
Will Day, 24, 5
Jai newcombe, 23, 4
James Worpel, 22, 5
Connor Nash, 21, 4

Jordan De Goey, 22, 1
Scott Pendlebury, 22, 1
Taylor Adams, 10, 0
Nick Daicos, 9, 0
Beau McCreery, 9, 1
Tom Mitchell, 8, 0
Jack Crisp, 8, 0

Source:
https://www.afl.com.au/video/997375/aaa-hard-calls-loom-for-pies-exclusive-vision-of-fan-s-egg-missile?videoId=997375&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1691368332001

Just thought I'd float these stats again from that Whorethorn debacle late in 2023.... and more disturbingly - could it happen again?

Whorethorn sat near the arse end of the ladder losing to almost every cellar dwellar you could name.
Nek minnut, thay have rolled top four team Brisbane on the MCG, and then us weeks later?

I'm thinking Whorethorn [and Adelaide] will be 2024's rapid risers, as their centre clearance options are insane, making our elite players look like crippled vets.
Their spine is starting to take place after a couple of list clean outs.

For mine - I expect NOTHING LESS THAN A TOTAL BLOODBATH when we next play Whorethorn; they bullied and embarrasseed us, AND their filthy animal cost Nick Daicos the Brownlow in the process.
I demand retribution in blood, nothing less.

Thoughts peeps?

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:39 pm

hundred and 10 percent, i thought i was the only one out for Blood re the Brownlow,

will ginnie be on the sidelines looking like a bad day on the loo, or will he get to brave Bruzzy!!

**** horethorn

LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:30 pm

It's the match fixture I've dreaded since the 80's.
Over the modern AFL era, we've played 51 times, lost 33 times leaving us with 18 wins.
23 of those losses have been at the MCG, 8 at Waverley and 2 at Docklands.
https://afltables.com/afl/teams/collingwood/allgames_tm.html#10
They own us.

The R21 midfield massacre produced a disposal deficit of 313-410, kicks 173-252 and we lost the aerial marking battle 76-139.
I'd have to say it was one of the more comprehensive defeats I've witnessed for a long time.
We might have found there was an internal matter, medical e.g. Covid or injury or the dreaded Club Statement memo, but nothing.
We were comprehensively beaten in the coaching box then on the field.

I thought Monco Matt summed it up pretty well in the post-match thread ~

Quote:
Monco Matt wrote:
Look, that was a shocker. We were destroyed in more ways than one.

The first way was like Carlton did they played keepings off. Chipped the ball around a lot and minimised turnovers across half back.
Hawks +80 Kicks
Hawks +80 Uncontested Possession
Hawks +60 Marks
They played keepings off.
This limited our own possession and what we were able to do on the counter, essentially cutting our balls off.

Now, probably more importantly is that we DID NOT react to this by pushing up and applying frontal pressure to their short chipping to create turnovers around our half forward line. This needs to become our switch in game plan for the remainder of the season as teams now try to counter our half back run and gun style we've been playing all year. Evolve now or die on the vine.

Hawks +15 Center Clearance. THIS JUST HAS TO BE FIXED. Fifteen times that ball is going the wrong way.
Hawks +15 Inside 50's. Connected to the above travesty. Midfielders are simply NOT PUTTING IN THE WORK.

Much to do, much to fix, not much time.

Come Sunday April 7 Round 4, while it isn't at the MCG, there is only one response.
We then have to wait until the R19 clash at the MCG for true redemption.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:55 pm

Start Beau in the midfield at the first bounce with a licence to maim. Set the tone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: