Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Pies v. Blues. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:23 am
Post subject: Pre-Match. Pies v. Blues. All comments.Reply with quote

Friday. MCG. 7.50

Collingwood v. Carlton.

IN: Hoskin-Elliott, Markov. OUT: Hill (Illness).

Let's hear ya !!

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy

Last edited by Donny on Fri Jul 28, 2023 3:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:45 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't have to wait for the final round to %$^£$%^&%% up their season lol
Harrysz 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:39 am

There's one thing which can save Carlton this week. We only have a 5 days break. Of course, so do they. But there's a difference. We played a nail-biting high pressure game in wet conditions. They had a training run against a team of witches hats.

We have a marvellous conditioning team that's true. Carlton's "injured players" Patrick Cripps and Adam Cerra will make miraculous recoveries and be available for Friday night. In my opinion Collingwood should make 1 change - drop Cox in favour of Frampton or Johnston. David King said Cox is like Seinfeld - a big show about nothing.

We don't need 2 ruckmen. Cameron can do it with a chop out from whoever would replace Cox. We have a very good team but it's not unbeatable. We can't afford the luxury of having 2 ruckmen. Anyway that's my opinion.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:26 am

The last time they beat the eagles (by 108 points), they lost their next 6 in a row.
Teams that have lost the week after thrashing WCE; Freo, Melb, Adel, Pies, Lions & Suns.

Other than their victory over a depleted Power outfit last week, they haven't beaten anyone of note. Crap team, beating other crap teams.

We'll destroy this rabble and snuff out their little finals fantasy.

Pies by 48 points.

Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:04 am

Harrysz wrote:

We don't need 2 ruckmen. Cameron can do it with a chop out from whoever would replace Cox. We have a very good team but it's not unbeatable. We can't afford the luxury of having 2 ruckmen. Anyway that's my opinion.

I can see where your coming from. Cox didn't have the best game but he usually does a lot of those one %'s that go unnoticed, He comes into his own later in games where he usually takes those contested marks and puts pressure on the opposition defence. He wasn't sighted much forward as MacStay and Checkers were given all the forward line space they demanded. He wasn't bad when Cemeron went off winning his fair share of hit outs apart from those obvious ones he was pushed off in the contest. I'm one for not dropping him but see how the coaches decide.
slangman 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:02 pm

Another week, another team whose injured players will make a miraculous recovery just in time to face the high flying Magpies.
Just like Port looked too far ahead in preparation for us and still lost, the Blues will suffer the same fate.

Pies by 44pts!!

Boot 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:12 pm

Mossi wrote:
Harrysz wrote:

I can see where your coming from. Cox didn't have the best game but he usually does a lot of those one %'s that go unnoticed, He comes into his own later in games where he usually takes those contested marks and puts pressure on the opposition defence. He wasn't sighted much forward as MacStay and Checkers were given all the forward line space they demanded. He wasn't bad when Cemeron went off winning his fair share of hit outs apart from those obvious ones he was pushed off in the contest. I'm one for not dropping him but see how the coaches decide.

I agree that Collingwood should retain Mason Cox for this game vs Carlton. His effort against Port Adelaide were imo OK and the wet conditions didn't suit him. On a dry day I think Cox spending time deep in our forward line will cause opposition lots of angst and allow the likes of Mihocek and McStay some assistance to perform without the tallest defender running with them.
That said the pressure for that last spot as a tall does seem to be between Cox, Frampton and Johnston now that McStay has shown some form since his return and the hope that his form will improve with a couple of runs under his belt.

winpies Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:22 pm

Pies by 30+
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:58 pm

I don't expect any changes to our side this week.

However, if I was coach I'd drop Cox for a week or so, and bring in Johnson. Having 3 genuine tallish forwards in Checkers, McStay and Johnson, alongside Elliott, Hill and McCreery, could prove to be a way of improving our scoring by 10 per cent. If it doesn't work, then Johnson will probably have to make way for the return of Cox.

Cameron has proved he can do 80% of the ruck work, and McStay can help out in spurts when required.

It should be another great game this Friday, with the Pies prevailing by 25 pts.
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:17 pm

Given Silvagni is their 2nd ruck option I’d be tempted to bring in AJ for Cox to see how the McStay, Checkers and AJ combo goes. McStay and AJ can be 2nd ruck options.

Any word on the Walsh hammy??

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:44 pm

Jack ginnivan put in a pretty darn good gamr in the VFL, got goals, has a number of possies, did pretty well, Might be time to rest Bobby Hill, manage him, an give Jack a go, he hates the Bluescum, he loves the big matches, hed tear that spud Saad to shreds, yeh, bring Jack back, rest Bobby.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:52 pm

Johnno75 wrote:
Given Silvagni is their 2nd ruck option I’d be tempted to bring in AJ for Cox to see how the McStay, Checkers and AJ combo goes. McStay and AJ can be 2nd ruck options.

Any word on the Walsh hammy??

I have read on their BF thread that JSOS (their nickname for Silvagni) is injured and they will have to play Pittonet. They are not happy about this, because it seems their opinion of Pittonet is not overly high.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:07 pm

Just reported on the AFL website that Sam Walsh is set to miss several weeks due to his hamstring injury. Also Silvagni will miss and Motlop is a test.
https://www.afl.com.au/news/986941/blues-star-to-miss-weeks-forward-also-sidelined-ahead-of-pies-blockbuster

inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:16 pm

It's smart for us to use our depth smartly over the next 5 weeks and "manage" players accordingly. So this week I'd like to see:

* Mitchell: rest for two weeks (carrying back issue). Finn Macrae come in
* Cox: give a week off and bring in Johnson
* Bobby Hill: give a week off and Ginnivan to replace

Having a squad of 28 with recent match day senior experience is important just in case that inevitable September curse of suspension or injury hits us.

Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:20 pm

Carlton Injury prognosis:

Jesse Motlop (calf), Test
Patrick Cripps (cork), Test
Adam Cerra (hamstring) Test
Jack Martin (calf), Test
Matt Owies (calf), Test
Corey Durdin (shoulder), Test
Sam Walsh (hamstring), 2-3 weeks
Harry McKay (Knee) 6-8 weeks
Jack Silvagni (knee), a few weeks

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/1386476/injury-news-updates-on-walsh-silvagni-plus-six-more-blues

â¤ï¸ï¸
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6   

Jump to: