Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-Match. Pies v. Blues. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I found an interesting article written today on Ron Todd, a Collingwood player in the 1930s who kicked over 100 goals on more than one occasion. I put it in the Player Forum. If you like, read it there and comment there.

Banned by the game, shunned by Collingwood but still standing strong: The forgotten story of Ron Todd
Roar website

Link to Player Forum:
https://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?p=2161273#2161273

❤️️
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:01 am

90 nice wrote:
Do we think we can get 97k at the MCG

No chance.

dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:12 am

gurugeoff wrote:
Is markov to play forward? If Ginnavan can’t get in with Hill out, then he’s not getting back in ever.

WHE straight back in, must be a favourite if the coach

Maybe because he does exactly what his coach asks him to do.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:04 am

Unless we start picking Jack Ginni, in my view a very talented player on his day, he my piss off to another club, and be an absolute star for them, say for instance , Carlton ?? Yeh, a friggin nightmare, remember Mal Michael ?? Jacks form in VFL last week was very good, I cannot understand this shit going down now with him. Im not a happy camper.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:44 am

Piesnchess wrote:
Unless we start picking Jack Ginni, in my view a very talented player on his day, he my piss off to another club, and be an absolute star for them, say for instance , Carlton ?? Yeh, a friggin nightmare, remember Mal Michael ?? Jacks form in VFL last week was very good, I cannot understand this shit going down now with him. Im not a happy camper.

But you say In Fly we Trust? So do you , or don't you trust the Coach?

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:28 am

Piesnchess wrote:

I thought Ginny would have come in for Hill for sure. Kids a gun.

I don't think he'll go anywhere PnC, he's still only 20 and he's just gotta keep working his craft, his time will come. It may be in a few weeks, who knows. Why would he want to leave the greatest club in the world, he's knocking on the door.

I think Mal wanted to go back to Qld, where he grew up.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:01 am

IM trusting fly to get the best of Ginnie in the gentlest but firmest manner possible. i really dont want him to be the next Stevo. yes Stevo, not mal, because if he cant buckle down with the chance of winning it all, and being part of an incredible team, he wont buckle down anywhere else,
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:45 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Yes, we do trust Fly, but does anyone really think WHE offers us more than Ginni ?? I dunno, I just reckon Jack would have given ol Saad, a nice old run around tonight, annoyed the shit out of him, distracted him, as only he can do. Time will tell, we will still beat the Blooz regardless, but Id start at least putting Ginni on the bench at the very least, real soon. Confused Surprised

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:03 pm

WHE is a great inclusion. He is a gut running player, a great overhead mark, a goal kicker and a player capable of playing forward, wing or defence.
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:09 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Yes, we do trust Fly, but does anyone really think WHE offers us more than Ginni ?? I dunno, I just reckon Jack would have given ol Saad, a nice old run around tonight, annoyed the shit out of him, distracted him, as only he can do. Time will tell, we will still beat the Blooz regardless, but Id start at least putting Ginni on the bench at the very least, real soon. Confused Surprised

Yes, and so does the Club. No amount of banging on about it every week is going to change it, it's a tired campaign you're on.
Until he connects that his work rate was below that of what is required to warrant a starting spot, and more importantly build a career with us, he's going to remain in the magoos. He needs to be more than a downhill skier.
Fly and co can make him a better player, but he needs to mature up enough to understand it. We've had one bust on this front already, we don't need another.

LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:12 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
WHE is a great inclusion. He is a gut running player, a great overhead mark, a goal kicker and a player capable of playing forward, wing or defence.

I'm looking at this selection as giving us more of that link up / meters gained player we've been lacking while Lipinski get's back into form.
As you point out RB, he brings versatility, and capable of doing some mecurial work. That's why I call him 'the ghost', he can appear when you least expect it and scare the opposition.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:27 pm

LaurieHolden wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Yes, and so does the Club. No amount of banging on about it every week is going to change it, it's a tired campaign you're on.
Until he connects that his work rate was below that of what is required to warrant a starting spot, and more importantly build a career with us, he's going to remain in the magoos. He needs to be more than a downhill skier.
Fly and co can make him a better player, but he needs to mature up enough to understand it. We've had one bust on this front already, we don't need another.

Tired campaign, ? only been two weeks, and his form in the Magoos was very good last week v Sandy, had lot of possies, booted two goals, set others up, dunno what else he has to do, to redeem himself. Him and Ash out of the side, is a bit questionable, Ash kicked 6 goals in his previous two games, I just think they both enhance our attack, along with Bobby and Jamie, and in my view, Saad is breathing a lot easier knowing neither of them will be in the team tonight. But, its up to Fly, yes. Surprised

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:19 pm

Was thinking we will soon have a player mssing due to this ever hanging around illness we tending to get on a weekly basis.

This time its Hill.

Like to see Ginny as sub.

And bring in Marcov and for some reason ill like to see Carmicheal getting a run as well.
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:25 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

Nailed. It.

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 3:15 pm

Tipping a tight win for the pies by 2 points
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6   

Jump to: