Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Farewell #13 Taylor Adams

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 121, 122, 123
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kingsofclutch 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Culprit wrote:
What's this "all class" BS? He was in discussions with the Swans before the GF. Best wishes in filling his wallet but there's no class in dumping the club before the GF.

He was pretty emotional, the story goes (not sure how true) he wanted to be tested on the Thursday but they blew him up on the Tuesday to be sure, I can see him being upset over that, he's a vice captain that always gave his all, I would have cut him 2 days but that may have been disastrous, who knows.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:44 pm

More forgiving than me. He's out through injury and sure it's tough but your vice Captain you stick tough. Would 2 days make a difference? We will never know and in saying that, You don't look to jump ship before the GF. I don't remember Presti or Alan Richardson looking elsewhere due to missing a GF through injury.
jonmac1954 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:50 pm

Culprit wrote:
More forgiving than me. He's out through injury and sure it's tough but your vice Captain you stick tough. Would 2 days make a difference? We will never know and in saying that, You don't look to jump ship before the GF.

Nah just slit his throat and dump him in an alley according to some.

He's given 9 years of superb service and was staring down the barrel of very little game time in the ones.

Many would have trashed the club publicly over this - there's one particular individual I am certain would have.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:18 pm

He was a fine servant of the Club, with many admirable personal qualities, including persistence, great work ethic and a fearless attack at the contest. His preparation and effort were of the highest standard.

Of course, ultimately, he wasn't that good a midfielder - but that's not a reason to be mean about him, now he's gone. It should really be enough that we never have to watch him butchering the ball in a Collingwood jumper again.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:27 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
He was a fine servant of the Club, with many admirable personal qualities, including persistence, great work ethic and a fearless attack at the contest. His preparation and effort were of the highest standard.

Of course, ultimately, he wasn't that good a midfielder - but that's not a reason to be mean about him, now he's gone. It should really be enough that we never have to watch him butchering the ball in a Collingwood jumper again.

HUG HUG HUG THEN WHACK!!!! Odd

jonmac1954 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:28 pm

inxs88 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

HUG HUG HUG THEN WHACK!!!! Odd

LOL life's like that.
gurugeoff 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:36 pm

swans needed some experience, and we had too much, so it is a win win experience if we effectively trade Adams for Schultz.

Good luck to him. No shame in trying to extend your working life (football) for a couple of years
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:23 pm

Kingsofclutch wrote:
Culprit wrote:
What's this "all class" BS? He was in discussions with the Swans before the GF. Best wishes in filling his wallet but there's no class in dumping the club before the GF.

He was pretty emotional, the story goes (not sure how true) he wanted to be tested on the Thursday but they blew him up on the Tuesday to be sure, I can see him being upset over that, he's a vice captain that always gave his all, I would have cut him 2 days but that may have been disastrous, who knows.

That story has been around for weeks. If that’s the reason he decided to talk to the swans before the granny then that is selfish & unprofessional.
Even childish. It’s a team sport.
MagpieWhisperer35 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:31 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

Love this quote the most

Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:01 pm

With trade period starting so soon after the GF there is not much time to sound out clubs about a potential move.

And clubs approach player managers ‘unofficially’ during the season all the time. 25 year old is friends with a Saints player who was sounded out by the Pies mid season last year about a move.

Sad that Tay has left but he has given his all for the Pies.
Goodbye and good luck.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:54 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

Nailed it.

Exactly how I felt about Treloar leaving too.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:54 pm

Duff Soviet Union wrote:
LaurieHolden wrote:
In October 2013, Adams was traded from GWS to Collingwood, as a swap for Heath Shaw.

Shaw went on to play 152 games over 7 seasons for GWS, picking up AA gongs in 2015 & 2016.

Adams played 175 games for the CFC over 10 seasons.
Collingwood Vice-Captain
All-Australian: 2020
Copeland Trophy: 2020
R.T. Rush Trophy (2nd Best & Fairest): 2017
Bob Rose Trophy (Best Finals Player): 2018

That was a real win-win trade for both teams.

Yeah. Today I was asked "who won the trade". I think GWS got a hell of a lot out of Shaw. And we missed that.

We got an extra 20-odd games (injury stopped this from being much higher). Although Heath won 2 AA's, Taylor got a B&F to go with his AA selection. Both players played in losing GF's.

So I can't say either club won the trade. But GWS certainly got a lot from Shaw who was almost 28 at the time of the trade. I wish he got to 300 games and won 2 AA's for Collingwood.

K 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:40 pm

Tay Tay:

"That was certainly part of the reason I wanted to come here. I'm 30 years old and just missed out on the premiership.

"You could go as far as saying my career would be unfulfilled if I didn't get one, which is probably an extreme statement, but that's how much we all want to win them.

"I know that it's a bold statement, but I've packed up my life and moved myself and my family up here and I believe that we've got the list and the coaching panel and the support network to get it done at some point in the next three years."

"I was clearly playing out of my preferred role, doing centre bounces and then played majority of my time forward. I fell down the pecking order a little bit, and I accepted that completely. And I played my role as hard as I could and did all I could to prepare myself every game, every week to contribute to the team.

"And to be honest, I never had a conversation with anyone about wanting to play in a certain position because we were winning. I just wanted to be part of a team that was a chance to win a premiership. And I was there. I was a whisker away from it."

Tay's old-new teammate Grundy:

"Taylor's a very competitive person, just as I am. We show it in different ways.

"A lot of time careers are defined by that sole outcome. But what I've learned over time is there's many successes that you can take along the way, and I'm looking forward to finding them here throughout the season. And a big part of that, I think, is relationships and learning just as a person, not just as an athlete. And I think a change will be a good opportunity for me to do that. But yeah, obviously reinforcing that to win a Grand Final, that would be a nice thing to hang your hat on."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 121, 122, 123
Page 123 of 123   

Jump to: