Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Farewell #13 Taylor Adams

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 95, 96, 97 ... 121, 122, 123  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:47 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Mugwump wrote:
Adams was routinely among our best in the latter half of last year. After the dreadful errors he made in the QB game he pulled his head in on the Hollywood passes and majored on his grit and hard running. He was a deserved second (iirc) in the Copeland.

This year he has struggled with injury and reacclimatisation after it. This is not unusual, and given more game time he will be a big part of the further improvement i expect from us in the second half of this year.

This

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:33 pm

I'm not his greatest fan and sometimes I think he's just a horrible footballer but last week in the 2nd half he showed his value to the team. If he can keep the trying to be a little adventurous aspect out of his game, he'll do just fine.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:16 pm

To be honest I'm struggling to remember what a good game from Adams looks like. I've never been a big fan, but some thought he should have won the Copeland last year. This year? He'd be lucky to be bottom 3 let alone top.

I don't see a place for him as anything but a centre square extractor and don't think he's even elite in this. The fact that we don't play him there permanently is a pointer to this and a problem, because play him anywhere else and he's a liability. Greenwood was better on return than Adams has been all year and has better running capacity in his favour.

Adams is supposedly an "enforcer" but missed a number of tackles last game. His angry man behaviour often results in dumb frees against than anything positive. His panicked disposal from defence where he snaps the ball out of a pack, instead of inviting contact and finding a handball like a true quality extractor, gave up at least two goal scoring opportunities last week. His second half was better, mostly because we saw him less in defence, but it had to be.

He's better than he has been this year, but right now he's struggling to find a role in the side. At times, Brown and Aish have looked better playing his role and De Goey looked much better when given time in the centre square last week. If Brown continues to develop and add strength he will be the better player (smarter with cleaner hands) and I'm not sure both will play together too much. This is a big year for Adams and he's going to have to start adapting his play or perfecting his role as an extractor to remain a confirmed best 22 player.

LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:20 pm

Great game by Tay today, in everything. That's the contested possession game and leadership he can bring and why a good deal of the previous analysis was so far off the mark. We need that player, we have enough runners, players like he and Greenwood are important to our balance.
Back it up next week and I suspect he might be over his injury niggles. + great team effort overall.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:21 pm

Yes, he was good. I’m not a fan but he was mostly excellent today.
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:26 pm

28 disposals. 18 contested.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:08 pm

Fantastic game today
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:12 pm

Could be warming up for a big game against Viney and Co. Haven't watched the his game against Freo as yet but looking forward to Queens birthday.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:13 pm

Excellent game. Still can’t kick.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:27 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
Excellent game. Still can’t kick.

He can kick because he regularly hit targets. Then he can't kick because he regularly coughs the ball up to the opposition. Before we criticise him, Crisp does the same. You can't afford to have both Crisp and Adams in the same side, but then again you can't afford not to have Crisp and Adams in our best side. Interesting dilemma for Buckley. Both need to address their kicking inefficiency because there's a premiership dangling on it.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:03 pm

While I would never set out to put Fyfe or Adams in the sentence ( which I have just done ) For an elite player, Fyfe would be one of the worst kicks in the AFL.
However, he is a contested footy beast. If you don’t win the contested footy or 50/50 contests, you won’t win the game.
Adams had 18 contested possessions and it’s not often the vast majority of those disposals will be clean simply because there is so much traffic around the contest.

When he stops winning contested possessions, then I will start worrying.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:13 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
While I would never set out to put Fyfe or Adams in the sentence ( which I have just done ) For an elite player, Fyfe would be one of the worst kicks in the AFL.
However, he is a contested footy beast. If you don’t win the contested footy or 50/50 contests, you won’t win the game.
Adams had 18 contested possessions and it’s not often the vast majority of those disposals will be clean simply because there is so much traffic around the contest.

When he stops winning contested possessions, then I will start worrying.

Well said.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:43 am

His best game for the season today. Can’t remember any brain/kicking farts!
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:48 am

^ A few people need to have patience with our players. Adams disposal is his weakness, but we need players who are hard at the contest too. He competed well in the air yesterday as well. Vital part of our team until guys like Wills or Sier prove otherwise.
Abdul The Bull 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:52 am

Adams is gaining form at just the right time. I was very good yesterday and I expect he will be better next Monday.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 95, 96, 97 ... 121, 122, 123  Next
Page 96 of 123   

Jump to: