Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Farewell #13 Taylor Adams

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 94, 95, 96 ... 121, 122, 123  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 7:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Matter of interest how many games both VFL and AFL this year has he played
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 7:22 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
E wrote:
Who on this site is going to be big enough to admit that they have absolutely no idea that it was Taylor Adams whose clean hands ion the goal square and brilliant ball to Jack Crisp, started the play the lead to one of our best goals of the season (Stephenson to Sidey to WHE to Thomas for the sanp - you all remember that part of it, am i right?).

Now if you missed that valuable contribution to prevent a goal at one end and set up a goal at the other, is it possible that you might actually miss (or fail to notice) most of the things Taylor Adams does so effectively for the pies on a weekly basis.

I find it interesting that when a group of people on this site decides they have it in for someone, there is nothing they can do right, and everything they do that is positive is not noticed, ignored, or written off as not very valuable......

Taylor Adams is a really valuable member of this team. Just because a lot of you cant see it, doesn't mean its not true......

For someone who often disagrees with you I totally agree with you on this one. People have to understand players have off days as well as great days. Sometimes the role of the player changes which people often don't notice. If a player plays in an unfamiliar role as Blair has had to do at times, people take their angst out against the player, then don't acknowledge the performance of the player when he comes back into the side and makes a contribution. Then people go off at inexperienced players with kicking issues, then don't acknowledge those same players when they fix those issues and make a contribution to the team (Langdon and Phillips). A guy like Adams played some great games last year and came second in the Copeland trophy, then has injury concerns this year and has had a mixture of form, which has made him a whipping boy this year for people who have forgotten every good thing he did last year, but vividly bring up every mistake he has made this year and feel we should trade him away for a second round draft pick at the end of the year. Thank goodness none of you have anything to do with the list management people at the club.

Yep, there are none more blind than those who choose not to see.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 7:25 pm

“I see said the blind man
But he didn’t see at all”

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 7:28 pm

Adams gets his own Blair thread. Laughing
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 8:18 pm

A thought I had on their work around the goals and was just watching Tay & Thomas

With Elliot return unknown we have these two tireless workers who kick goals in Billy ,s absence

Thomas slightly better at finding space to score but Tay very close

They are filling a role we thought we would loose without Billy

inxs88 

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 1:27 am

E wrote:
Who on this site is going to be big enough to admit that they have absolutely no idea that it was Taylor Adams whose clean hands ion the goal square and brilliant ball to Jack Crisp, started the play the lead to one of our best goals of the season (Stephenson to Sidey to WHE to Thomas for the sanp - you all remember that part of it, am i right?).

Now if you missed that valuable contribution to prevent a goal at one end and set up a goal at the other, is it possible that you might actually miss (or fail to notice) most of the things Taylor Adams does so effectively for the pies on a weekly basis.

I find it interesting that when a group of people on this site decides they have it in for someone, there is nothing they can do right, and everything they do that is positive is not noticed, ignored, or written off as not very valuable......

Taylor Adams is a really valuable member of this team. Just because a lot of you cant see it, doesn't mean its not true......

You’re really annoying E. This is open discusssion forum NOT the Russian Pravda (google it). Adams is in our best side however he has been underwhelming this year and he needs to be careful.

E 

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 1:49 am

inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:

You’re really annoying E. This is open discusssion forum NOT the Russian Pravda (google it). Adams is in our best side however he has been underwhelming this year and he needs to be careful.

ahh, so that means we all have to agree with you (because your opinions are facts)? I get it, my bad!

Notwithstanding that there is no indication from the coaches that his spot is in jeopardy, i'm sure tyour opinions (facts as you call them) are 100% correct. Again, my apologies for daring to assert that your factpinions might not be correct.

I note also that you didnt admit that you didnt realize that Adams was instrumental in that play, but that's ok! it kind of just proves the point.

roar 

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 11:58 am

E wrote:

Taylor Adams has been a liability with his disposal this year. Just because a lot of you can't see it, doesn't mean it's not true......

E 

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 1:27 pm

roar wrote:
E wrote:

Taylor Adams has been a liability with his disposal this year. Just because a lot of you can't see it, doesn't mean it's not true......

I haven't heard anyone dispute that fact. I think people here were actually noting that it might go beyond poor disposal and extend to decision making (and i tend to agree with that as i have seen him kick to a player in a dangerous part of the ground and who is not in position to receive the pass in a safe way). Seriously, i dont think you could watch taylor Adams performance this season and not be critical of some of his decision making and disposal.

Does that mean there is nothing redeeming about him? no. Does it mean he isn't a valuable member of the team? Absolutely not. I was hoping merely to present some facts to show that, for all of his failings this year, he has done a lot of good things that go unnoticed by the average fan (and knocker) and it appears that people inside the club are seeing it.

So roar, is it possible for me to agree with you and still claim that i am right?

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 1:50 pm

Sure, he produces a few clangers each week, but he puts his body on the line and makes life easier for Pendles, Treloar and others by getting the ball from the bottom of packs. He's a keeper.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 2:05 pm

E wrote:
roar wrote:
E wrote:

I haven't heard anyone dispute that fact. I think people here were actually noting that it might go beyond poor disposal and extend to decision making (and i tend to agree with that as i have seen him kick to a player in a dangerous part of the ground and who is not in position to receive the pass in a safe way). Seriously, i dont think you could watch taylor Adams performance this season and not be critical of some of his decision making and disposal.

Does that mean there is nothing redeeming about him? no. Does it mean he isn't a valuable member of the team? Absolutely not. I was hoping merely to present some facts to show that, for all of his failings this year, he has done a lot of good things that go unnoticed by the average fan (and knocker) and it appears that people inside the club are seeing it.

So roar, is it possible for me to agree with you and still claim that i am right?

You have a real penchant for interviewing yourself “Q&A” style to make your point. Real Ross Lyon style Eric

Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 6:46 pm

I remember reading an article earlier this year and Taylor Adams was defending his kicking skills and blamed his turnovers on poor decision making by trying to thread the eye of the needle.

It must have been pay walled because I cannot find it in Google.

E 

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 5:04 am

inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:
roar wrote:
E wrote:

You have a real penchant for interviewing yourself “Q&A” style to make your point. Real Ross Lyon style Eric

you probably couldn't do this since you would likely not even listen to yourself ........ click, click, boom!

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 11:35 am

Adams was routinely among our best in the latter half of last year. After the dreadful errors he made in the QB game he pulled his head in on the Hollywood passes and majored on his grit and hard running. He was a deserved second (iirc) in the Copeland.

This year he has struggled with injury and reacclimatisation after it. This is not unusual, and given more game time he will be a big part of the further improvement i expect from us in the second half of this year.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 4:11 pm

E wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:
roar wrote:
E wrote:

you probably couldn't do this since you would likely not even listen to yourself ........ click, click, boom!

Melbourne Comedy festival prize isn’t under threat Eric

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 94, 95, 96 ... 121, 122, 123  Next
Page 95 of 123   

Jump to: