Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Farewell #13 Taylor Adams

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 121, 122, 123  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:11 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Adams is better than average, Thomas is not - he's also 2cm shorter than Adams Wink and 10kg lighter.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:22 pm

thompsoc wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
Adams wasn't very good last night but is definitely a better player than Thomas. They're both essentially inside mids, the only reason Thomas has been tried on the outside (where he's too slow and poorly skilled) is because he's not strong enough to play his natural position. Adams on the other hand is a very strong contested ball winner and will be the heart of our engine room for a long time.

He wasn't that strong last night.
Midgets are never stronger than a 190cm mid.
I have seen JT do a good strong inside job every now and then.
The point is ......is he better than average?

He's above average, he's still a kid pretty much so it's no disgrace he lowered his colours against the Swans beast mids, and remember everyone had their colours lowered last night.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:39 pm

Adams is a talent and in the leadership group. Thomas is a drug fiend stuff up driving Uber cars at Tweed Heads!
Didaksgoal Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:14 pm

inxs88 wrote:
Adams is a talent and in the leadership group. Thomas is a drug fiend stuff up driving Uber cars at Tweed Heads!

Fairdinks, mate!!! Are you without sin?
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:22 pm

inxs88 wrote:

Fair suck of the sauce bottle mate.

A drug fiend no less. Talk about hyperbole Rolling Eyes

Are you practising to be a sub-editor with News Limited or have you been hanging about with Robbo?

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:45 pm
Post subject: Taylor-Adams, wise beyond his young years !Reply with quote

Yesterday, I had the pleasure of listening to young Taylor-adams on radio, interviewed by james Kelly and another player. I only wish more Pies fans on here could have listened too him, he is a born future Leader. He spoke really well, and really knows his footy. Amongst other things, he said Bucks has been very unfairly singled out by media and fans, for our present predicament. He said he has the full support of all the players, 100 per cent, they are right behind him too a man. He also said, its the players themselves who should be responsible for our malaise. He added that all these long term chronic, and recurring injuries, ongoing, week after week, means its very hard to stick to a gameplan, because we simply don't have a settled team, it keeps changing form week too week. Remember, these are his words, not mine.

To me, he sounds a real Leader, and I have no doubt he will make a fantastic future Captain of the Magpies, this young man, he really impressed me very much. Smile Smile

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:40 pm

It is a pity some supporters did not have such a balanced viewpoint. It is easy to speculate at someones expense especially when you do not know the facts or the inner workings of the club.
roar 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:43 pm

It would be nice if they showed they were 100% behind him by actually giving 100% when on the ground.
E 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:45 pm

Is it a coincidence that we have looked like a total rabble without Taylor Adams and very respectable with him?
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:47 pm

If the knock-ons and handball under pressure were good a coincidence that we looked like a total rabble without Taylor Adams and respectable with him is, then I'll be very surprised.
Medders85 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:49 pm

E wrote:
Is it a coincidence that we have looked like a total rabble without Taylor Adams and very respectable with him?

He is fast becoming our most important player. Our defence was rock solid when he was moved back there and really organised them. He will be vice captain next year. Love sidey but I don't think he is a leader to be honest. Cant wait to have Tay back in the side, love his passion for the club.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:50 pm

Name a player who's said the players aren't behind the coach, any player? Just one.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:20 pm

He also said, when asked if hed like to still be at GWS in light of their recent huge success, he said straightaway that no, he loves the Pies unreservedly, loves the club with a passion, and cant wait to help us win a flag in the not too distant future.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:25 pm

Bob Sugar wrote:
Name a player who's said the players aren't behind the coach, any player? Just one.

Brad Hardy re MM at the Bulldogs?
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:15 pm

Bob Sugar wrote:

The fact is that he did not give the old cliche response of "We are 100% behind the coach" It was something that he had thought about and had a solid opinion on with that opinion being that Buckley had been unfairly singled out. It would be reasonable to assume that if he didn't believe this to be the case he would not have said it.

It is obvious that some on here believe differently as it supports their own opinions that I can only conclude are based almost entirely upon emotion.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 121, 122, 123  Next
Page 82 of 123   

Jump to: