Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Game Day. Pies v. Bulldogs. Late changes, comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I like seeing Bianco being selected as a sub. He is very flexible, which is a huge advantage for the sub. I am looking forward to seeing how he has progressed from last year (hopefuly as a tactical sub only, and not to replace anyone injured ! )
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:18 pm

Interesting that we have selected Billy Frampton to play CHF. No harm in trying something different. I guess if things go askew in our D50 due to their three talls, he can easily return there. But it does make sense to give him a try there. I think his best games have been not as a defender but in some other role for us, or when as a defender he is playing highly aggressively. I thought we would have to keep him in defence to deal with UgleHagen, Naughton and Lobb, but selectors clearly have faith in Jeremy Howe to be able to quell Lobb.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:28 pm

Bianco has reinvented himself as a highly skilled ball winning half back flanker in the VFL. Not sure we really needed another one in the seniors this week.
The club is allowed to change the tactical sub without any penalty up until the last hour when the official teams are lodged before the game.
Maybe watch this space ?
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:33 pm

Despite his VFL form not being impressive to many of us fans, Johnson has obviously done what was asked of him by our coaches. I hope he kicks a bag full and grows in confidence, between now and September. We all know he has the class. I guess, he needs to add a bit of grunt to those silky skills to ensure his part in our Premiership campaign.

As for Bianco, the great attribute he has is his decision-making prowess. He is not fast, not tall, and not obviously rugged, but he is very skilful and uses the ball well.

Jordy's return alone, should be enough to get us over the line, against a fast improving Dogs outfit.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:35 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Bianco has reinvented himself as a highly skilled ball winning half back flanker in the VFL. Not sure we really needed another one in the seniors this week.
The club is allowed to change the tactical sub without any penalty up until the last hour when the official teams are lodged before the game.
Maybe watch this space ?

Yet another curved ball has been thrown!! If Bianco is another skilled HB flanker, that does indeed look a strange choice.

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:40 pm

I don’t care who’s in or who’s out, as long as we win, that’s all that matters to me.

This is my most hatred Clubs of all Clubs, I was bitterly disappointed when they didn’t go under.

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
K 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:44 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Despite his VFL form not being impressive to many of us fans, Johnson has obviously done what was asked of him by our coaches. I hope he kicks a bag full and grows in confidence, between now and September. We all know he has the class. I guess, he needs to add a bit of grunt to those silky skills to ensure his part in our Premiership campaign.

I'm pretty sure McFly didn't ask him to showboat and get caught with his pants down, literally. Media have been having a field day. Johnson went and showed the ball to the crowd but got caught holding the ball, with the tackle lowering his pants. Shocked

Matthew Lloyd reckons Johnson and Ginnivan need to get their attitude right or they could "miss out on something special" at the end of the year.

Last edited by K on Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:45 pm

This is a bit pedantic, but Ruscoe had a much better game against Frankston than Ryan, so I’m wondering why Ryan was named ahead of Ruscoe as one of the emergencies. Is it because Ryan has a brighter future than Ruscoe? If that’s the case are Ruscoe’s days numbered at Collingwood? In the case of McInnes I can see why they want to pump more VFL games into him. Ash Johnson plays a little taller than McInnes and with Mihocek out, the taller Johnson is a better option.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:51 pm

We got to beat these pr%cks its been a while.

www.facebook/the hybernators
inxs88 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:56 pm

Stood next to Leppitsch at the Franga game last Sunday and did overhear him say after Ruscoe missed a simple pass target 25 meters away say "Jesus, man he does that all the time"!!!!
Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:10 pm

This is what Fly said of JDG

"It's good to have Jordy back - he's been annoying me all week," McRae said.

'Battering ram' joins Pies' casualty ward ahead of Dogs bout
https://www.afl.com.au/news/963222/-battering-ram-joins-pies-casualty-ward-ahead-of-dogs-bout

❤️️
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:20 pm

inxs88 wrote:
Stood next to Leppitsch at the Franga game last Sunday and did overhear him say after Ruscoe missed a simple pass target 25 meters away say "Jesus, man he does that all the time"!!!!

That's it then. Ruscoe's days are numbered.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:19 pm

Surprised to see Johnson come back in. I thought match committee would opt for McInnes after his 6-goal performance.

I anticipated Ruscoe to come in for Maynard, but it wasn't to be.

This is a 50/50 game at Marvel especially with Maynard and Mihocek going out of the team. Dogs are a solid team, so the key to beating them is to break even or outdo them in the clearances. They destroyed us in the clearance game last year which led to our biggest defeat under Fly so far.

If we're allowed to play our corridor and run and carry game, then I have no reason to believe we can't win this well.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:30 pm

Everybody keep an eye on Weightman; he is a little actor who the putrid maggots adore and are besotted with, and gift him frees for falling over.

Hopefully IQ can stitch him up a treat.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:16 am

piedys wrote:
Everybody keep an eye on Weightman; he is a little actor who the putrid maggots adore and are besotted with, and gift him frees for falling over.

Hopefully IQ can stitch him up a treat.

Yeah, agree. Umpires give Weightman frees for diving, ducking and staging, while Ginni gets strangled and it's play on. I hope IQ makes sure that this little stager gets his act closed down.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11   

Jump to: