Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Game Day. Pies v. Bulldogs. Late changes, comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Podpicken Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 1:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
I don't think Johnson or Ginnivan have done enough in the VFL to warrant a senior berth....not yet anyway. After being out for so long, I would also delay the return of McStay, until he plays a couple of VFL games.

With Maynard and Checkers out, I would obviously bring in JDG, but also reward McInnis with a senior selection. Alternatively, we bring in Ruscoe as a like for like replacement for Bruz. As we have Cameron and Frampton to share ruck duties, this would allow us to keep Cox at full forward for most of the game, with JDG spending considerable time close to goals.

It should be a ripper game. Pies by 22 pts.

Yep, like this Rudey. I'm still waiting for Reef to pop in the seniors, any game now.

skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 2:23 pm

I don't think Johnson or Ginnivan have done enough in the VFL to warrant a senior berth....not yet anyway. After being out for so long, I would also delay the return of McStay, until he plays a couple of VFL games.

With Maynard and Checkers out, I would obviously bring in JDG, but also reward McInnis with a senior selection. Alternatively, we bring in Ruscoe as a like for like replacement for Bruz. As we have Cameron and Frampton to share ruck duties, this would allow us to keep Cox at full forward for most of the game, with JDG spending considerable time close to goals.

It should be a ripper game. Pies by 22 pts.

Yep, agree with His Rudeness

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 2:40 pm

Just hearing reports that during the Captain's Run, Trusco was not present (Johnson, McInnes, McCrae, Bianco, Ryan were). That is a strong suggestion that Trusco won't be selected. I am sure it won't be Jacob Ryan...I am sure his debut game would already have been announced. To me, looks like McInnes is in, but maybe Johnson (?) Hope it is McInnes rather than Johnson: I think McInnes deserves his chance after 6 goals in the reserves and consistent good form there.
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:13 pm

Yep. Logically it all points to Truscoe not being selected. If that’s the case barring an injury, I can’t see him playing seniors again this season. I hope I’m wrong because I rate Truscoe highly as a defender. He is yet another example of our current great depth. This is something a few Nicksters have been banging on about for many years. Another 2 key position recruits and we will be looking at dominating the competition for at least 4 - 5 years.
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 5:07 pm

When Pendles achieves disposal number 14 at Marvel Stadium tomorrow night, he will break Robert Harvey’s record of 9656 for the most disposals in VFL/AFL history.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:26 pm

Good ins: JDG, Ash and Bianco
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:29 pm

Bianco as sub is a great choice. Look forward to seeing how he goes!

Full team:

B: Jeremy Howe, Darcy Moore, Isaac Quaynor
HB: Nick Daicos, Nathan Murphy, John Noble
C: Will Hoskin-Elliott, Scott Pendlebury, Josh Daicos
HF: Bobby Hill, Billy Frampton, Patrick Lipinski
F: Jamie Elliott, Darcy Cameron, Taylor Adams
R: Mason Cox, Jordan De Goey, Jack Crisp
I/C: Tom Mitchell, Beau McCreery, Oleg Markov, Ash Johnson
Sub: Trent Bianco
Emg: Finlay Macrae, Jakob Ryan, Reef McInnes

Last edited by David on Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:31 pm

Donny wrote:
When Pendles achieves disposal number 14 at Marvel Stadium tomorrow night, he will break Robert Harvey’s record of 9656 for the most disposals in VFL/AFL history.

Wow 👏 👏

When he hopefully plays on next year, he will set a very high water mark. Records are always made to be broken but this will be near impossible. What a wonderful effort. I still clearly remember that draft when Collingwood were roundly criticised by some fans for selecting this kid from Sale ahead of an absolute gun named Daisy Thomas. I’m sure I’ll be corrected but from memory Pendles was pick 2 and Daisy was pick 5. They were fabulous draft choices by the club.👍🏿

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:33 pm

I wonder what that says about Macrae. Been an emergency for what seems an eternity yet couldn’t crack it to be a sub this week.
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:39 pm

🙄

It says that he will have to bide his time, be patient, continue to work on his game and set such a high standard that it will be insane to leave him out. Until then, we can’t fit 25 into 22 + sub. The club knows best.

BTW, who will you replace him with?

Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:48 pm

The team looks strong on paper and full of talent
* I like Frampton tried at CHF
* Nick Daicos starting at half back
* Ash is selected, they need him firing for the finals
* JDG/Crisp team up to ruck/rove to snaggle clearances from the strong Dogs
* Bianco is a surprise as sub, but hey, what do I know?

❤️️
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
gurugeoff 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:52 pm

lazzadesilva wrote:
Donny wrote:

Wow 👏 👏

When he hopefully plays on next year, he will set a very high water mark. Records are always made to be broken but this will be near impossible. What a wonderful effort. I still clearly remember that draft when Collingwood were roundly criticised by some fans for selecting this kid from Sale ahead of an absolute gun named Daisy Thomas. I’m sure I’ll be corrected but from memory Pendles was pick 2 and Daisy was pick 5. They were fabulous draft choices by the club.👍🏿

Correct, you will be corrected, the order was the other way around, daisy was 2 and pendles 5
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:59 pm

Johnson has been down on confidence and with that form but he's still more likely than McInnes to win the ball through an overhead mark and remains the more proven goal kicker at AFL level.

I would have been happy to see Reef play but we've gone with the marking targer rather than the leading one.

Bianco as sub is a bit of a surprise as his impact to me is through weight of numbers across 4 quarters at VFL level rather than possessing any great weapon that could exploit an AFL level opposition late in a game.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:05 pm

I am wondering how AJ gets back in. His form in the VFL was not great last week, yet comes straight back?
Reef McInnes must be wondering why as well.
Just saw Swoop's comment above, so see the explanation of using AJ as an aerial target rather than a leading one. But AJ was omitted only the round before last for unsatisfactory form, and did little to show that had recovered form in the VFL last week. On the other hand McInnes was excellent. In the past, has kicked goals as well. I feel disappointed for him. I hope the reasons have been explained well to him.

Last edited by Magpietothemax on Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:06 pm

I'll never forget that clutch goal by Elliott, came from coast to coast pass where
Bianco was part of that chain. His kick was under pressure and perfect.

❤️️
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11   

Jump to: