Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies sink Suns. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:59 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

mudlark wrote:
lazzadesilva wrote:
I disagree. I think Ginny has to come in, especially if he kicks a few in the VFL today. Goals win games & Ginny is a goal kicker, a valuable, vital commodity.
I’m just watching the VFL game and we’re about 12 goals in front. All the candidates for a small forward position are firing. Fin McCrae has leather poisoning, Reef McInnes has has nearly 20 possessions and kicked 4 to half time, Carmichael has had about 15 with plenty of hard ball gets and Bianco gave up getting the ball and Ed Allen is starting to get right into the swing of things. Unfortunately, Ginny has had 3 touches. 1 coughed up handball in the first and a handball and a kick in the second and a dropped soda of a mark in the square. He isn’t chasing or tackling and all the players I mentioned would be well in front of him. I hope he improves in the second half, for his own good. He looks a deflated young man.

Yeah true. I have been watching and hoping he has a great game but it’s not happening 😢 He looks more than down in confidence or form, he looks lost.

Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:00 pm

lazzadesilva wrote:
I disagree. I think Ginny has to come in, especially if he kicks a few in the VFL today. Goals win games & Ginny is a goal kicker, a valuable, vital commodity.

McInnes kicked 6 in the magoos, did a bit better than Ginnivan...just think he needs a chance

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:07 pm

Yes on reflection after the game McInnes deserves a game ahead of my man Ginny. I continue to believe in him but I’m buggered if I know what is affecting his current performance. If it’s form or confidence, he can regain that but I wonder if it is anything else? I have no idea 🥲
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:14 pm

I've been saying it for weeks Lazza, the bloke is not fit enough.

Needs to really crack in on his fitness, and maybe next year he is fit enough to get a game...would be a shame if he doesn't because he has the nous

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:14 pm

Pretty sad regarding Ginni, I’m not a fan per se, but don’t wanna lose him either.

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:20 pm

The obliteration of the Cold Toast should give our team great confidence for the run home to the finals.

For the record, that was our biggest winning margin since 3 yrs ago, when Bux was coach......so let's drop the slagging of Bux please.

It was an all round team performance, but special mention should be made of Markov, who is fast cementing his spot in our best 23 or perhaps 22. Likewise Billy Frampton, whose ability to play up front, in defence or in the ruck makes him a very valuable player indeed. Assuming Cox and Cameron keep their spots, I can't see a role for McStay, apart from as a reserve player in case of an injury to others.

With JDG set to return next week, the only omission is likely to be Harrison, in which case, the sub will likely be out of WHE or Markov. The great thing is, our team does not have a single passenger, and anyone who misses out on selection will be very unlucky. It's a great position for us to be in, with Sidey set to return in a few weeks and players like McInnis smashing the selection door down week in week out! Go Pies!!
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:32 pm

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:

Needs to really crack in on his fitness, and maybe next year he is fit enough to get a game...would be a shame if he doesn't because he has the nous

I think you have hit it on the head and answered my question. Needs to drastically improve his physical fitness and aerobic capacity to have any chance of getting a game in the seniors. I hope he does.

Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:51 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Assuming Cox and Cameron keep their spots, I can't see a role for McStay, apart from as a reserve player in case of an injury to others.

Guess what!

Collingwood forward Dan McStay suffers fresh setback, ruled out of VFL bout
https://www.zerohanger.com/collingwood-forward-dan-mcstay-suffers-fresh-setback-ruled-out-of-vfl-bout-139311/

❤️️
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:54 pm

The side on Saturday were rarely challenged (cept for a small bit in 3rd qtr)

This will not be how the run to finals will evolve however but that said we have two to come back in are vital for what’s left of H&A —Sidey & JDG improve us immensely

And the magoos although stacked with good footballers are spare parts with the form we are producing

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:55 pm

Take_a_Screamer wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Assuming Cox and Cameron keep their spots, I can't see a role for McStay, apart from as a reserve player in case of an injury to others.

Guess what!

https://www.zerohanger.com/collingwood-forward-dan-mcstay-suffers-fresh-setback-ruled-out-of-vfl-bout-139311/

Wonder if this opens the door for Kruger?

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:55 pm

lazzadesilva wrote:
Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:

I think you have hit it on the head and answered my question. Needs to drastically improve his physical fitness and aerobic capacity to have any chance of getting a game in the seniors. I hope he does.

Ginnivan played as an extra at the stoppages in the VFL today. He started high half forward and then came up to do a bit of inside work around the middle of the ground. They certainly aren’t trying to make him a midfielder, so it will be to either get his fitness up or to escalate his defensive work at ground level. He tried hard, so the attitude was a good start.
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 6:35 pm

Not forgetting we smashed the Sun's who were ranked no.1 in contested possessions and no.3 in clearances.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:02 pm

lazzadesilva wrote:
Take_a_Screamer wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Guess what!

Looked like he copped a decent concussion today. Flew for a mark and his head hit the ground. He didn’t come back on at all in the last quarter.
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:58 pm

lazzadesilva wrote:

He came off early and didn’t finish the game. AJ didn’t do himself any favours in the demolition of Frankston.

McCrae and McInnes the standouts. I would be tempted to rest Maynard and give McCrae a crack over the next few weeks, we will need to settle the team over the next few weeks for finals so getting McCrae in would be handy for some exposure. McStay will need a few games to get AFL tempo before finals so time is running out. Frampton could be the swing man we need.

Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:58 pm

DP
❤️️

Last edited by Take_a_Screamer on Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:17 pm; edited 8 times in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7   

Jump to: