Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies sink Suns. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:31 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

325am and just arrived back at the hotel after the game (shhhhhh don’t wake the wife) must have been a long line up for a taxi I’m guessing

My recollections of the game
First half was undoubtedly the best football any club has played this year. We just didn’t seem to miss a kick or a handball and our run was electric
The brothers Daicos could be the 2 best brothers to ever play the game
If I see anyone ask for Markov to be dropped I’m having your Collingwood membership revoked he was massive
Elliot looked likely all day
IQ is a defensive genius now. He just gets in all the right places
Wasn’t a single player who didn’t have some impact at some time during the game
I’ll read everyone’s opinions when the old eyes are working better

Ok time to hide the winnings from the wife before she goes shopping with the daughter in law in a few hours

Floreat Pica
duggieboy 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:39 am

Thanks Jezza, for Fly's presser that you put up each week - enjoy it every time.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:50 am

The side that ran over GCS last night—it is not the finished product

With Sidebottom (a very experienced player) and the power house JDG to slot in
Some where they have to also slot in McStay

Are they “Bound for Glory”

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:41 am

Who do you drop for JDG?
Harrison may be unlucky
Maynard may get rested he seems very sore

Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 11:15 am

There are many superlatives and highlights to the game

However...

It was the weakest opposition I've seen this year.
GC kept making dumb mistakes and not putting pressure on the runner.
I see this match as a drill and we are not to forget we need to keep our feet on the ground, not get cocky, and realise you're good, yes, but also as good as the opposition lets you.

❤️️
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 11:52 am

What'sinaname wrote:
Wouldn't have thought we'd kick 120 and Checkers being goalless.

AGAIN. And that makes 1 in the last 3 games.And I'll add that I thought he may need a recharge in the VFL and was ridiculed as he apparently had kicked 11 in the last 5 games.Cox kicked 8 in the corresponding 5 and 2 more last night and spends 1/2 his time in the ruck. Time for Mihocek to have a spell.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:05 pm

warburton lad wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
It is incredible to say that JDG, one of the best mids in the AFL, is still to come into this team.
Likewise, Dan McStay, and Ginni (who hopefully can re-establish his claim for a position in our forward line in the VFL tomorrow.)

All of the above is true however:

* a guy called Sidebottom will be back in 2-3 weeks.
* I'm not certain that Ginnivan will come into this team- there seems to be an appetite to give Harrison some exposure given that he is very quick- still, if it were a Grand Final next week, Ginnivan is in the 23.
* McStay will need to play very well to dislodge anyone (Frampton or Mihocek or Cox for example)
* McStay may get a 'McStay' of execution if Mihocek does not come up next week.

* Maynard and McCreery would need to be dead to miss a game

Out: ??????

In: De Goey
I agree with you that Ginnivan will struggle to get back in but I have to defer on your McStay comment. He is a walk up start every day of the week. It reminds me of the hate for Oleg Markov on this very board not all that long ago.The "WTF'S" he couldn't even get a game at the Gold Coast!!! It certainly shut that lot up. But back to Ginnivan,I think McGuiness is ahead of him for any forward position and we've yet to see Oscar Allen make his debut and I'm sure Collingwood hold high hopes for him. When he bulks up a bit and with his height he could well be another Bontempelli type. And there is also McCrae.Sorry Ginny.I thin you're done.
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:49 pm

I disagree. I think Ginny has to come in, especially if he kicks a few in the VFL today. Goals win games & Ginny is a goal kicker, a valuable, vital commodity.
Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 1:10 pm

HS reporter couldnt find a vote for Nick Daicos.
Interesting to see what the coaches thought
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 1:28 pm

With Nick playing midfield, JDG is likely to play for up forward making it almost impossible for Ginnivan to come in unless R
Elliot or Bobby get injured.

Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 1:34 pm

Good win all round but Gold Coast couldn't cope with our pressure. We made them play like that as our attacks on the ball were huge. Mihochek does seem off his best but he was working up the ground more and took a couple of good marks. Hopefully he is more lucky against the Bulldogs.

Ginnivan? He's about our fourth best small forward isn't he? Billy is the walk up #1 and both McCreary and Bobby Hill are better players than Ginnivan and without the alleged self-discipline issues. Ginnivan needs to earn a place in our side and that means producing results. He's no superstar who can walk back into the team as he likes.

Oh.. and Oleg... His attack on the ball and will to contribute is a model for other players to learn from... Uraaaah!!

LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 2:19 pm

Crowd last night was like being at Vic Park, poor old Suns supporters were out-numbered 5 to 1. The chant ringing around the ground was stirring.

Last nights dominance took me back to 2011 season, just sublime football in parts.

Only the second live match this year where I've seen the boys. You never get a full appreciation watching down the barrell of a camera as to the work that goes on off the ball.
IQ, Noble and Markov were outstanding in this regard, breaking lines to cut through any defence the Suns put up. IQ's confidence at ground and in the air was great to watch.
And Johhny Noble, surely his best game for us to date.
Post Markov's goal it was great to see the boys get around him, clearly a well liked clubman.

And Nick, well Nick just did Nick things.
Funniest part of the night was when one wag yelled out "Nick Daicos, I want you to be my Dad", before apologising to his own father a few seats down.

The trumvirate of Frampton, Cox and Cameron rotating through the rucking stopped Witts before he could exert any influence on the match.
Frampton's ceiling is yet to be reached. That run from half back culminating in a goal on the run was fluid. I'm thankfull we've got Leppitsch and Andy Otten in the coaching group to guide his development. Keep playing him, I can only see him improving week to week here on in.

Roll on the Collingwood juggernaut.

mudlark 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 2:31 pm

lazzadesilva wrote:
I disagree. I think Ginny has to come in, especially if he kicks a few in the VFL today. Goals win games & Ginny is a goal kicker, a valuable, vital commodity.
I’m just watching the VFL game and we’re about 12 goals in front. All the candidates for a small forward position are firing. Fin McCrae has leather poisoning, Reef McInnes has has nearly 20 possessions and kicked 4 to half time, Carmichael has had about 15 with plenty of hard ball gets and Bianco gave up getting the ball and Ed Allen is starting to get right into the swing of things. Unfortunately, Ginny has had 3 touches. 1 coughed up handball in the first and a handball and a kick in the second and a dropped soda of a mark in the square. He isn’t chasing or tackling and all the players I mentioned would be well in front of him. I hope he improves in the second half, for his own good. He looks a deflated young man.
MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:07 pm

LaurieHolden wrote:

Funniest part of the night was when one wag yelled out "Nick Daicos, I want you to be my Dad", before apologising to his own father a few seats down.

Wonder what went through his mom's mind... Smile
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:39 pm

mudlark wrote:
lazzadesilva wrote:
I’m just watching the VFL game and we’re about 12 goals in front. All the candidates for a small forward position are firing. Fin McCrae has leather poisoning, Reef McInnes has has nearly 20 possessions and kicked 4 to half time, Carmichael has had about 15 with plenty of hard ball gets and Bianco gave up getting the ball and Ed Allen is starting to get right into the swing of things. Unfortunately, Ginny has had 3 touches. 1 coughed up handball in the first and a handball and a kick in the second and a dropped soda of a mark in the square. He isn’t chasing or tackling and all the players I mentioned would be well in front of him. I hope he improves in the second half, for his own good. He looks a deflated young man.

Yeah true. I have been watching and hoping he has a great game but it’s not happening 😢 He looks more than down in confidence or form, he looks lost.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7   

Jump to: