Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies sink Suns. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:11 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Haff wrote:
Essendon fluffed their lines. Ah well, still top.

Missed an easy goal to seal it after Phillips smash it 40 meters out of the centre square, then lose it after the siren. Bit of deja vu with us an Elliott last year.

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:12 pm

woodys_world69 wrote:
What was wrong with pendles? He struggled tonight

Is father time catching up to him???
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:22 pm

masoncox wrote:
woodys_world69 wrote:
What was wrong with pendles? He struggled tonight

Is father time catching up to him???

😆 😂 Not at all, he just didn’t have much to do because of Naicos, Jaicos, Adams, Noble and others doing a lot of run and carry stuff and things he normally would do. It would have been beneficial for him to take it easy. I think Pendles will play until the end of 2024 and then consider his options.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:37 pm

Four pages in and no mention of Markov. He was fantastic today. His run was a stand out and his ball use was top drawer. Hard to see him out of this side if he continues with the form he showed today.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:04 am

Pies2016 wrote:
Four pages in and no mention of Markov. He was fantastic today. His run was a stand out and his ball use was top drawer. Hard to see him out of this side if he continues with the form he showed today.

Thanks Suns; glad Dew considered Markov not good enough to remain on their list of bulging super spuds.

Shit pie often tastes better with sauce.

Still, he might be the unlucky sub next week though; go The Tzar!

Go the Pies; W13/L2 mofos Cool

Come get us Welfare.

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:07 am

Nil injurys from todays game v suns.

Got the win and the 4 points.

Onto the dogs.

Tipping a 32 point win next week.

We get back JDG and McStay if he pulls up well in the vfl tomorrow.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:11 am

90 nice wrote:
Nil injurys from todays game v suns.

Got the win and the 4 points.

Onto the dogs.

Tipping a 32 point win next week.

We get back JDG and McStay if he pulls up well in the vfl tomorrow.

Didn't you notice Bruzza with ice on the knee?

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:13 am

On the AFL match report it had injury nil to collingwood.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:20 am

GOLD COAST 0.2 1.4 5.7 5.12 (42)
COLLINGWOOD 4.4 11.6 14.10 18.12 (120)

GOALS
Gold Coast: Rowell 2, Ainsworth 2, Oea
Collingwood: Elliott 5, Hill 2, Frampton 2, Noble, Markov, Lipinski, Hoskin-Elliott, N.Daicos, Crisp, Cox, Cameron, Adams

INJURIES
Gold Coast: Nil
Collingwood: Nil

SUBSTITUTES
Gold Coast: Rory Atkins (replaced Hewago Oea at half-time)
Collingwood: Harvey Harrison (replaced Jeremy Howe in the third quarter)

Crowd: 22,483 at Heritage Bank Stadium
Marvelos 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:22 am

I knew we’d relax and let them kick multiple goals in a row, I predicted at HT we’d let them kick 8 in a row so 5 ain’t too bad I guess, boys worked their asses off in the first half so can’t be too critical, we’re in this season up to our eyebrow’s.

Spewin Port got the win Sad
DT 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:23 am

I thought that we had a point to prove and wasn’t surprised by the scale of the win. It was a very good performance.

Great to have Frampton return - his omission was a mistake unless he was being managed. I like that he played a bit of ruck and also went forward.

I think JDG is our best player so it is amazing to have him return for a big match against the Dogs next week.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 1:00 am

Johnno75 wrote:
Haff wrote:
Essendon fluffed their lines. Ah well, still top.

Missed an easy goal to seal it after Phillips smash it 40 meters out of the centre square, then lose it after the siren. Bit of deja vu with us an Elliott last year.

MY exact thuughts too, same loss de ja vu. Dons fought well, I feel they exposed a few Port weaknesses, Port are not unbeatable by any means, Id love to get them on the MCG in the big Finals, they hold no fears for us, IMHO. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 1:07 am

piedys wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:

Thanks Suns; glad Dew considered Markov not good enough to remain on their list of bulging super spuds.

Shit pie often tastes better with sauce.

Still, he might be the unlucky sub next week though; go The Tzar!

Go the Pies; W13/L2 mofos Cool

Come get us Welfare.

he got my biggest cheer when he kicked that goal, how good was that!!

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 1:48 am

Fly's presser

When did you know you were 'on' in this game?
Quote:
"It was really pleasing wasn't it. Anyone watching from home could see that our attack of the ball was really strong. That sets foundations for other parts of our game to come into it. When knew coming they were a really good contest team so we'd have to bring our A game. We certainly did that".

There was a lot of hype this week because the Suns saw this as a moment to make a statement, and you were able to wipe them out quickly. Were you conscious of this hype?
Quote:
"We attack every game with wanting to bring our best version but this one in particular was built up around the edges, but it was no different to what we're doing week to week. It's always difficult to win interstate. Big crowd here so thanks to all Collingwood supporters. We love you so much. Huge huge presence here. Seven odd thousand flew from Melbourne to get here or other parts of Australia so we thank you enormously".

Oleg Markov kicked his first goal for the club today. What has he brought to the club?
Quote:
"It was fantastic to see him get rewarded on the scoreboard. He's just a great character. The boys love him. He fits in really well. His speed really stands out and we had a need that we want someone like Oleg to come in and play a role for us. He's done that extremely well and today was the best game he's played for the club and we wanted to make sure that playing against his old club that we supported him and made him feel like he's really at home".

Jeremy Howe was subbed off. What was the reason for that?
Quote:
"We're conscious that he's been out for so long; 12-13 weeks or whatever it is and we're conscious over this three-week period where he came back and there's a six-day break and then we have another one and we thought we'd try to manage his time. We got to a stage of the game where we thought the game was okay so we chose to look after him".

Can you give us an update on Brayden Maynard's shoulder issue and how you're managing the rest of the squad heading into the finals period?
Quote:
"Brayden's had this shoulder that just causes him some angst to hit it there. He's done it for a couple of years and it just doesn't take much to be a bit angry on him. It's hard to get him off the ground. In terms of managing our players, I'm not sure if that's the language we want to use. There's times where like tonight there's opportunities to take Darcy Moore off the ground and then Jeremy Howe and whatever it looks like. We'll take those opportunities when they present themselves. Week to week we're presenting to keep improving and we might even choose to manage players throughout the week, but there's a lot to be said about chemistry and time spent together on the field. We don't want to lose sight of that opportunity to use those times".

Have you felt you've got through that middle part of the season where it can drag on a bit with the bye and now you've got a sniff of the end of the H&A season approaching?
Quote:
"We're very conscious of July's cold in Melbourne. It is cold. We thought this was the first week of it in terms of you talking about getting to the end of the season. We're using this period in particular to really set ourselves up. We've set our sights on a few weeks here where we just want to step in. It's a difficult time of the year, it is. Good teams stand up and some maybe don't so we're really conscious of that and got our sight set on the next few weeks".

You get Jordan De Goey back next week, how far away is Steele Sidebottom from returning?
Quote:
"Steele's a couple of weeks away. I think he'll play the week after. We'll get Jordy back which is a great asset to have sitting there and watching tonight and [he's] done a power of work so we're looking forward to him being available. Dan McStay will play some minutes tomorrow so he'll be available if he gets through. It's a good problem to have".

Will you get to enjoy a red [wine] tonight?
Quote:
"Not sure if I'll get a chance to drink a red tonight. We're flying straight back. I'll definitely use the time on the plane to watch the game back and find opportunities for us to reward".

Any chance we see Nick Daicos in the backline ever again, or is he a lock in the midfield from now on?
Quote:
"He's a great player. I've said this before I think we'll find opportunities to play Nick wherever the team needs it; half back, midfield and then forward if we need. He's having a terrific season. He's an exciting player isn't he?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tkAF5a012I

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 2:25 am

I did not know Markov was a Suns reject. he did really well, and gotta love that mo. ! Tubby Dew really has egg on his moosh now, Oleg rubbed salt into the loss bigtime.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7   

Jump to: