Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Sooo, will YOU Booo Grundy ?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 107, 108, 109  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:10 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

eddiesmith wrote:
Kingsofclutch wrote:
Swans are just about favourites to meet us in the GF with their horse trading this week, pardon the pun.

Lol, they’ll struggle to make the 8 again.

Bloody bell I’m agreeing with eddiesmith 😳

I don’t have the Swans making the finals next season.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:18 pm

Haff wrote:
Per SEN this morning with Buckley:

Quote:
“The Collingwood football department was at the time happy to let Grundy go for the price the Crows were offering, but the board said the club needed to find a way to keep him.

Buckley reveals that a decision to part pays with Grundy had been made, but ultimately the club decided to retain his services for the future.”

How far the club has come since the board was ripped out and the fire sale!!

Three years is a looooooooong time...

I was just gutted that day late 2020 we let Treloar, Stepho, and Phillips go.
I felt ill for days over that.
Something was always going to give in 2021, if failure loomed, and it did.
But it all turned out for the best; if you'd told me then that we'd FLAG in three seasons, I'd have laughed at you, and taken your bet!

Wonder if Crows would have kept O'Brien if Grundy had traded in?

Kingsofclutch 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:18 pm

The Black and White Lion wrote:
How long before Eddie responds to Bucks message? Bucks has put the Grundy deal solely on Eddie’s board’s shoulders. First time I’ve heard that but always suspected. Well either way they’re all out the door and we’ve got the new board Wrighty Fly and co and we’re premiers #16 in 2023

Let's face it every man and his dog stole that premiership from Buck's, and I'm not just talking about the WA umpire that grew up supporting WC and makes the crucial game deciding non decision and then later accepts a plaque of the non free from a local WA businessman (ffs) but lumbering Bucks with ludicrously long and inflated contracts for Mayne and Wells completely hamstrung us from putting the icing on the premiership cake, and the whole Beams Eddie reunion was a farcical disaster in a crucial premiership window year, yes Gubby and Ed should be shot but I don't actually have a problem with Ned, he was a patsy for the rest of them. In the end it was a miracle Bucks got them so close and for mine we are still using his defensive swarm that sides find so hard to crack, then McRae has come over the top with attacking flair and charisma that unites players, while Wright has sorted out list management and even the injury front by nabbing Wade and finally foiling the last culprits on the list that stole Buck's flag, the injury gods Mad

We were blessed to have the influence of 3 great head coaches on GF day, and the one I haven't mentioned may have been the most crucial, the one out on the field.

VicParkTragic 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:12 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc5Pd7SEnCQ

This video reminded me how good Grundy was in 2018. He went down hill quite quickly.

Meredith1965 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:43 am

Kingsofclutch wrote:
The Black and White Lion wrote:
How long before Eddie responds to Bucks message? Bucks has put the Grundy deal solely on Eddie’s board’s shoulders. First time I’ve heard that but always suspected. Well either way they’re all out the door and we’ve got the new board Wrighty Fly and co and we’re premiers #16 in 2023

Let's face it every man and his dog stole that premiership from Buck's, and I'm not just talking about the WA umpire that grew up supporting WC and makes the crucial game deciding non decision and then later accepts a plaque of the non free from a local WA businessman (ffs) but lumbering Bucks with ludicrously long and inflated contracts for Mayne and Wells completely hamstrung us from putting the icing on the premiership cake, and the whole Beams Eddie reunion was a farcical disaster in a crucial premiership window year, yes Gubby and Ed should be shot but I don't actually have a problem with Ned, he was a patsy for the rest of them. In the end it was a miracle Bucks got them so close and for mine we are still using his defensive swarm that sides find so hard to crack, then McRae has come over the top with attacking flair and charisma that unites players, while Wright has sorted out list management and even the injury front by nabbing Wade and finally foiling the last culprits on the list that stole Buck's flag, the injury gods Mad

We were blessed to have the influence of 3 great head coaches on GF day, and the one I haven't mentioned may have been the most crucial, the one out on the field.

Not stolen, but who’d have thought that two top 10 draft picks in 2013, Scharenberg and Freeman, would both be a tragic bust ? Players that went after Scharenberg - Cripps, Sheed, McStay, Salem.

The poor feller really was cursed.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:56 am

2 clubs later and he's still on the main board of discussion Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:47 am

Piethagoras' Theorem wrote:
2 clubs later and he's still on the main board of discussion Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

yeah 'cause we are subsidising this bullshit thanks to ineptitude of the previous board!

Will be interesting to see if he can break Longmanure, like he broke the previous 4 coaches in 3 seasons!

Kingsofclutch 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:05 pm

Meredith1965 wrote:

Not stolen, but who’d have thought that two top 10 draft picks in 2013, Scharenberg and Freeman, would both be a tragic bust ? Players that went after Scharenberg - Cripps, Sheed, McStay, Salem.

The poor feller really was cursed.

2 years after that draft there were only 2 players that hadn't debuted out of the top 30 draftees, and both were top 10 and of course both were ours, and we gave WC the pick they used on the guy that kicks the winning goal in the GF after 'their' umpire doesn't pay the block.
He was cursed like no other with the possible exception of Bobby Rose, although Bobby did manage a flag as a player before the curse started to hit but copped far worse than Bucks as a coach.

ps: Merrett was available along with Cripps as well, if you're Collingwood and that name pops up you just pick it don't you? Mad

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:10 pm

Everything about Buckley's tenure was an embarrassing debacle. Scharenberg and Freeman were just a bit of light relief.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:02 am

I will boo this thread every time I see it get bumped!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:03 am

God dammit! Mad
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:05 am

Now a long time gone as a Pies player. Time to move to the appropriate forum.
K 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:55 pm

piedys wrote:
yeah 'cause we are subsidising this bullshit thanks to ineptitude of the previous board!

Will be interesting to see if he can break Longmanure, like he broke the previous 4 coaches in 3 seasons!

Methinks the word you're after is "coach-killer".
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:50 am

VicParkTragic wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc5Pd7SEnCQ

This video reminded me how good Grundy was in 2018. He went down hill quite quickly.
signingthe contract took it out of him!
K 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:07 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Melbourne sold Grundy the idea of him playing 70% Ruck and 30% forward while Gawn would play the 70% forward. It didn't work. Grundy played well enough in the Ruck but Gawn failed up forward, so they dropped Grundy and told him to learn how to be a forward.

That wasn't part of the job description.

I feel sorry for him, he's been fucvked over twice. Yeah his agent asked for and got a good contract, we had the option to say No, but the previous regime caved. Not his fault. He wanted to be a Pie for life and signed a contract to that effect, we cut him loose because the new regime didn't consider him value for money.

Now, instead of playing out his days as a Collingwood champ (even though he is really not a great tap ruckman) he's going to be a 3 club journeyman.

I'm (still) gobsmacked that you feel sorry for him.

It's just business. He made a bad business decision. And didn't give his business partners value for money. That's all.

If ya wanna feel sorry, how 'bout feeling sorry for James Stewart (Ess), or Lachie O'Brien (Carl), or Jake Pasini (Port)? They've all been delisted with a year still to run on their contracts. Shocked

They deserve far more sympathy than Grundy counting his $7 million.

Stewart:

"I did look into it, even if I knew it wouldn't change Essendon's decision. But I was told a contract protects your cash, it doesn't protect your list spot. I found it difficult to rationalise the decision. At the end of the day I have to accept it."

(J. Ralph, Hun)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 107, 108, 109  Next
Page 108 of 109   

Jump to: