Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

From The Heart

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 7:17 pm
Post subject: From The HeartReply with quote

I know it was only the Wizard cup and i dont understand why well at least to me that loss to Adelaide hurts so much but let me tell ya it really hurts, i can never shit bag the club that i have grown to love ( just like the rest of us ) maybe im just being bloody selfish but to dismiss the wizard cup series as just a boring night competition is just loser talk, i want to live to see collingwood dominance like the football world has never seen before, i dont care if its wizard cup or september premierships i just want to see it. Comming on here after a loss and ripping through the club and its players is blasphemy and anyone guilty should rip there bloody membership to pieces, the scene was set for family day what an ocassion it would of been ( im being selfish again im sorry ) and let me be very honest some of the football i saw from collingwood in the other 3 wizard cup games was some of the best football ive ever seen from any collingwood side.

Seeing the pic in todays paper with the adelaide boys holding the huge wizard cup led me further to believe that football isnt fair, coming second again isnt fair,acheing from the heart again isnt fair, i felt sad coming home on the quiet train full of many other wonderful collingwood people and seeing there sadness, maybe we were wrong thinking that it was going to be a shoe in, but as you know whilst feeling sad it was some consolation to know that deep within the heart that no matter what, we will always love collingwood, we will front up at work on mondays no matter what and keep hearing the same old shit the same old boring shit!! we will continue to walk the pathway to collingwood dominance the great day will come when at long last we can tell the football world to go and get stuffed the day will come when we will stand and say ' have a look at us now ' laugh at us now you morons !!
In my sadness (and im feeling a little better for writing all this stuff) i take great pleasure in the fact that in my lifetime i have loved the greatest thing next to my family the 'collingwood footy club' but to me that loss on saturday night hurt very much but please understand i am in no way hanging shit on the club, i so bad wanted to see bucks hold some silverware.

I have read the cheer squad forum and im sorry if i let the cheer squad down in the last quarter.

GO COLLINGWOOD!!

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 7:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cheersquad is a team Joffa. We share the good times together. During the tough times we should all support each other. No one should feel like they let anyone down. There is no "i" in team.

You will never walkkkkkkkkkk alone......

jlc
Rohan 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 7:26 pm
Post subject: Re: From The HeartReply with quote

joffa_the_man_in_gold wrote:
Coming on here after a loss and ripping through the club and its players is blasphemy

That type of attitude was the sole reason why we were so pathetic in the 90's.

The clubs that have won the most premierships do not see a Grand Final loss as success and too many Collingwood supporters embrace a Grand Final loss as a success.

The old "you're not a Collingwood fan if you get stuck into to the players" doesn't hold credence. Old Jock would tear into his players if they slipped up and you don't have to be a rocket scientist to work out why this was our most successful period.

Magpie Gal 19 Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 7:31 pm

JLC that is 100% ture.
Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 7:47 pm

I was so upset that nite that i cried when the siren went. My mum and dad looked sad but weren't as sad as i was. My sister said something really mean about me crying so i said to her "shut up you stupid b*tch." I felt really bad saying that but i was really hurt and upset. My best friend couldnt understand why i was so upset. She is also collingwood but isnt as into the team as I am. At skool people have been saying all this crap and I have taken it and am still proud of my boys. Sure we lost two finals in a row, but we actually got to them and they didnt and I know this year that fantastic cup will be held by Bucks and Malthouse and it will be a photographic memory to remember.

Love always, Alyssa xoxo

Jarrod Molloy's #1 Fan! Pies are Premiers in 2010!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
DaicosMagic Scorpio

1970 Grand Final Boundary Umpire

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 8:02 pm

I can honestly say (from the heart) that Saturday night's loss has not affected me in the slightest. It was frustrating to watch, a pity we couldn't enjoy a MOMENT of celebration, but the following day my first thought was, "Will Tarrant get off, how's Fraser and Presti." After last year's Gf loss, I couldn't give a rat's about the reports of Licuria and Burns because the loss hurt too much. At the end of the day this was a practice match with a '28-Days' makeover - this is not loser talk, it's fact. Of course I would have loved to win, who doesn't enjoy winning, but shit happens: thank God there's plenty of toilet paper to remedy the situation in the way of 22 proper rounds of football plus finals. We only played 3 (2 undermanned) out of 15 teams and progressed to a GF? Yeah, I would have really been ribbing into my mates if we had have won the silverware... pah-lease Exclamation Bragging rights for a day or two is not worth more than the lessons we have learnt about our team. How many people recall and brag about their pre-season premiership wins? NONE! How many people still make fun of Richmond for losing to Port last year? NONE! Do I need to go on? If it's just silverware you're after, go shop at Copperart (don't forget to purchase an engraver so you can write, "2003 Pre-Season Premiers" so that no-one forgets which team won 4 practice matches in a row.
MAGPIRA 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 8:58 pm

JLC wrote:
There is no "i" in team

LOL..I used to use that particular quote in reference to Patto Laughing Laughing

Anyways....I understand fully where you are coming from Joffa. I was extremely crushed after that defeat. Even though some ppl view the pre-season comp only as 'glorified practise matches' and at the end of the day there is not 4 points at stake, but I was mostly upset that we lost because it was a "Grand Final".

I don't want the "colliewobbles' tag to resurface (even though it's starting to) and I wanted our boys to prove that they don't choke everytime there is a piece of silverware at stake! Even though the old days of our GF defeats are past history and presumably have no bearing on our current list, I just wanted us to be able to get over that 'mental' hurdle with which we have been labelled as having (and appears to haunt us), of not being able to win the ones that count or anything involving a premiership!

I also thought (albeit not much) that it would have been some consolation after losing the one that did count Crying or Very sad
natkingcole 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 9:13 pm

I would love us to have won, but its no disrespect for us to have lost to Adelaide. They were fantastic and as for McLeod, the guy is an absolute champion and it's a pleasure to go to the ground and watch him, even if he doesn't wear a Collingwood jumper. We don't want to be handed the Wizard cup just for turning up. We have to earn the respect of the other teams by beating the Adelaides and Brisbanes at their own games. The reality is that we didn't deserve to win the way we played and it would have been a travesty of justice had we won. The thing I can't stand are the knockers who crawl out of the woodwork to criticize players the moment we lose. You learn a lot more from losing than from winning and MM is a great teacher. We just have to a bit patient. Winning will come if we don't lose focus of where we are and where we're heading. And if you think losing the Wizard Cup final is the end of the world have a thought for people who are killed or maimed in road accidents, children dying of cancer in hospitals, living through war, surviving unemployment, raising kids etc.,etc.....
Ian Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 9:47 pm
Post subject: Wizard Cup GFReply with quote

Adelaide Advertiser yesterday under Losers section - Colliwobbles have returned,another Grand Final - another loss. I started following Collingwood about 5 years after 81,so that word doesnt seem to mean much to me and maybe the recent additions to the Collingwood family.
PJB 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 9:51 pm

I was just as disappointed we lost on Saturday night. I really wanted to see Mick and Bucks hold the cup up but our time will come and it all starts round 1 against Richmond ! As for the cheersquad, like JLC said the cheersquad is a team. We share the good times and support each other during the tough times and don't worry, there is going to be more good times than tough times ! We're all in this together.....
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 9:56 pm

Pathetic, over rated, simply out classed. We had a post during the week with the subject are we the best team going around at the present time and I said no as we had not beaten anyone. We still haven't and have a long way to go if we honestly think we are playing in finals again in 2003.

In saying that a week is a long time in football.
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 9:58 pm

MAGPIRA wrote:
JLC wrote:
There is no "i" in team

LOL..I used to use that particular quote in reference to Patto Laughing Laughing

Anyways....I understand fully where you are coming from Joffa. I was extremely crushed after that defeat. Even though some ppl view the pre-season comp only as 'glorified practise matches' and at the end of the day there is not 4 points at stake, but I was mostly upset that we lost because it was a "Grand Final".

I don't want the "colliewobbles' tag to resurface (even though it's starting to) and I wanted our boys to prove that they don't choke everytime there is a piece of silverware at stake! Even though the old days of our GF defeats are past history and presumably have no bearing on our current list, I just wanted us to be able to get over that 'mental' hurdle with which we have been labelled as having (and appears to haunt us), of not being able to win the ones that count or anything involving a premiership!

I also thought (albeit not much) that it would have been some consolation after losing the one that did count Crying or Very sad

Patto reminded me of a horse wearing blinkers. Could only see straight ahead and had no side vision. His winning post was the goals......lol lol

jlc
cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 10:32 pm

Joffa you havent let the c/squad down... you never have and you never will.... there is absolutely nothing you have to apologise about.... There are two kinds of ppl in this world... those that can smile with tears in their eyes and those who cant... You are in the those who cant gategory... there is nothing to be ashamed about that it is in your makeup... and some of us in the cheersquad understand that and accept it.... there are the ppl in the c/squad that can smile with tears in their eyes and they are the ones who should help you out in your difficult times....

This is a big prattle.... I know what I mean.... I hope you can understand... in other words ONE IN ALL IN!!!

and for all you Joffa Baggers..... get off his back!!

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 12:14 am

Sometimes ya win, sometimes ya lose....we'd all prefer to win, but life ain't like that..I think its a Zen philosophy, or Buddhist...it's the journey that's important, the friends ya make and sharing the good and bad times with em, folks who stick the knives in, well....I guess they just miss out on the joys the other type gets. Their loss, not mine! The shared experience (or is it grief?) of Collingwood supporters (well, those of my vintage anyway) creates a special bond...it wouldn't be there if we didn't experience the lows, and makes the highs all that sweeter. That's what being a pie fan is all about to me.
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 12:47 am

great stuff joffa.

let me tell you, i was spewin on saturday night. normally i don't get too mad when we simply play like crap, but sheesh i was shouting some serious expletives on saturday. not that i was bagging individual players, i never do....but the whole performance was such a letdown.

can you imagine if we had've come back and won in the last quarter? can you imagine the noise that crowd could've made???

don't worry joffa mate, we're all in this together. one day we'll reach a magpie utopia, and it'll be sweeeeet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: