Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Are we the best in the Comp. right now?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are we the best in the comp. right now ?
yes
39%
 39%  [ 26 ]
yes
39%
 39%  [ 26 ]
no
10%
 10%  [ 7 ]
no
10%
 10%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 66

magpie_mendies Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 6:01 pm
Post subject: Are we the best in the Comp. right now?Reply with quote

Well, we played Carlton in our first match and we beat'em by about 40 points withour about 5 players.
Then we beat Hawthorn by about 50 i think, we absolutely smashed'em. We still dont have a full strength team but they were missing a few too.
We beat Geelong by 37 points and you think where playing our best ?

If we can beat adelaide then we've got 2 be in the best 3 with Port and Brisbane
Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 9:15 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanna know who are the 2 people who voted No - Shame on you! Evil or Very Mad
Sanabas 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 12:05 am

We're the best club in the comp, same as we've always been.

Best team at the moment? No way, we haven't even played a real match yet. We've played and won 3 practice matches against teams that were missing players and/or were ordinary to start with. And we haven't managed to play 4 quarters in any of the 3 games.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 7:44 am

I voted no as the simple fact we have beaten 3 teams that were not in the eight last year. March Champions means ZIP, September Champions is a whole different ball game.

We beat Geelong who I would say had their 3 most effective forwards out of the game.

We beat the dawks who's coach has not got a clue on modifying their game plan.

We beat Carlton wooden spooners, enough said.

We now face our hardest match of the year in this practice match mode and it's one team I feel we have the wood on.

Not being too negetive I feel we played average in all games and still won and that is the sign of a good team.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 8:13 am

i was one of the first 2 to vote no. why have a poll if you only want yes votes.... crazy. my thoughts are similar to culprits reasoning, if we beat freo at freo, wc at wc, bris at bris then let us start thinking big.
Brown26 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 10:34 am

I voted no too. Why do you want to be the best team in the competition in March. The best team now wins 200 000 from the wizard cup, wins it's first five games, then fails to make the finals.

MM likes to build up to september, we all know that, winning the wizard cup is not high in his game plan.

we had one good quarter against the blues, one against the hawks and one and a half against geelong. We haven't been playing terrific football by and large, but that is no problem at this stage. We have done enough to win, and to get players into form. I reckon we need one more game before we're ready for the season, and for that reason alone I'm glad we made the wizard cup final. other than that, couldn't care less, except it gives teh boys a bit of a better end of season trip.

- Ben
kurtman24 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 11:15 am
Post subject: Best in comp???Reply with quote

I voted no as well. Why? For the reasons that Sanabas and Culprit explained. We've won three practice matches against last year's wooden spooners (and probably this year's as well), and two teams who couldn't make last year's finals who were both missing several regular senior players. I think we've improved and if we'd beaten Brisbane, Port Adelaide and the Crows I would probably agree we're the best in the comp!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: