Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre-match. Pies v. Crows.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

K wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
I was worried about this game last week, but **** me they only just beat Hawthorn so if we can’t beat the Crows then how serious are we?

But it's all abut the venues.

We play Adelaide Oval well.
If both Pendles AND Sidey are out, the challenge will be great.
But from what I have learned since we lost our two ruckmen, our team believes that is is nobler to take arms against a sea of troubles, and by opposing end them, rather than simply suffer the outrageous slings of fortune.
The courage of our team against St Kilda and then Essendon has reached Shakespearian heights.
A change in venue, and therefore crowd support, will not influence how we play.

stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:46 pm

Looking at the ladder after our first 6 games. We have played the majority of our games against teams currently in the 8.

1st: St Kilda (WIN)
3rd: Port Adelaide (WIN)
5th: Essendon (WIN)
7th: Brisbane (LOSS)
9th: Geelong (WIN)
16th:Richmond (WIN)

Now we play Adelaide who are 6th.

Hasn’t been an easy draw so far. To be 2nd on the ladder has been hard work.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:59 pm

stoliboy wrote:
Looking at the ladder after our first 6 games. We have played the majority of our games against teams currently in the 8.

Do we ever get an easy draw??? Smile

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:39 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
Suddenly our game on Sunday assumes an extra significance.
If we win, we are clear leaders on top of the ladder.

Will be the first time since Round 14, 2012, if we do!

Longest drought of any team bar Gold Coast (have never been top of the ladder since entering the comp in 2011) and Carlton (Round 2, 2009), incidentally.

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:12 am

FB: Noble Murphy Maynard
CB: Crisp Moore N Daicos
C: J Daicos Adams Kruger
CF: McCreery Johnson Hill
FF: Ginny Checkers Elliott
R: Frampton JDG Mitchell
INT: Quaynor Side WHE Marcov
SUB: McRae or Carmicheal

Pies to win by 15 points to go top of the ladder
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:18 am

inxs88 wrote:
stoliboy wrote:

Do we ever get an easy draw??? Smile

Yeh, as opposed to the friggin Aints, who have not played sides like Cats or Lions yet, and next four games, get this, are Nth, Hawks, Crows, GWS, so theres another 3 wins for the overrated bastards. Our draw is the fixture from hell, lose to Crows next we cop last yrs Grand Finalists, Sydney. Gets no easier for us. Surprised Mad

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Harrysz 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:56 am

INXS88 asked if we ever get an easy draw. Of course we do. We get an easy draw the year after we have a bad year. In 2021 we finished 17th and in 2022 we had an easy draw. In 2022 we finished 3rd and so this year we have a tough draw. That's how the draws work.

Magpietothemax, Hamlet would be proud of you.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:52 am

No pain
No gain

Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:41 am

David wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
Suddenly our game on Sunday assumes an extra significance.
If we win, we are clear leaders on top of the ladder.

Will be the first time since Round 14, 2012, if we do!

Longest drought of any team bar Gold Coast (have never been top of the ladder since entering the comp in 2011) and Carlton (Round 2, 2009), incidentally.

Wow...thats quite the stat. Not a great indictment on the decade really...

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:07 am

I’d rather get a hard draw and make the eight than receive a soft draw and make the eight. We will be battle hardened when the time comes to step up in September, while there will be sides that won’t know what hit them because they weren’t exposed to enough pressure through the season. To be the best, you got to beat the best.
It is interesting though, there’s a good possibility by the end of round seven, we may have played every team in top eight except Dees. Hopefully later in the season when we do play the cellar dwellers, we can manage a couple senior players and reward some form from the VFL.

Last edited by Pies2016 on Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:17 am

I expect Ruscoe to be the sub.

The problem for our 'fringe' players is that the current team are all playing so well, so no-one is likely to be dropped for poor form.

Fwiw, I'm one who likes Markov. He's a great size, very competitive and is super quick. Sure, his disposals sometimes lack some polish, but his positives outweigh his negatives imo.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:36 am

Pies2016 wrote:
I’d rather get a hard draw and make the eight than receive a soft draw and make the eight. We will be battle hardened when the time comes to step up in September, while there will be sides that won’t know what hit them because they weren’t exposed to enough pressure through the season. To be the best, you got to beat the best.
It is interesting though, there’s a good possibility by the end of round seven, we may have played every team in top eight except Dees. Hopefully later in the season when we do play the cellar dwellers, we can manage a couple senior players and reward some form from the VFL.

Yes, it'd be good if people stopped whining about the fixture. The AFL started us off with a re-match of the best game of last year's finals, which was hardly surprising - and we were always likely to play Brisbane in Brisbane before Easter and certain to get Essendon on Anzac Day. The other 3 teams we've played finished 7th (Richmond), 10th (St Kilda) and 11th (Port) last year. Adelaide finished 14th last year. As things have turned out, 2 of the three hardest-looking games before the season have turned out to be against a team now 9th and a team now 16th.
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:38 am

Pies2016 wrote:
Hopefully later in the season when we do play the cellar dwellers, we can manage a couple senior players and reward some form from the VFL.

This type of discussion has always been interesting. I’m old fashioned and come from the genre of picking the best side available and sometimes the horses for courses method. Resting fit players to me goes into the “flirting with form” category. But I respect all opinions whilst sticking to my own.

Last edited by lazzadesilva on Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
tbaker 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:39 am

Piesnchess wrote:
Yeh, as opposed to the friggin Aints, who have not played sides like Cats or Lions yet, and next four games, get this, are Nth, Hawks, Crows, GWS, so theres another 3 wins for the overrated bastards. Our draw is the fixture from hell, lose to Crows next we cop last yrs Grand Finalists, Sydney. Gets no easier for us. Surprised Mad

The saints & bombers have had a dream draw to date. The bombers first hostile interstate away game is not until round 8, the saints not until round 9. All other vic clubs have had at least 1, many 2, by then. The inverse of this is that those 2 clubs have a lot more interstate trips to come in the remainder of the season, so that may bring them back a peg or two.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:03 am

lazzadesilva wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
Hopefully later in the season when we do play the cellar dwellers, we can manage a couple senior players and reward some form from the VFL.

This type of discussion has always been interesting. I’m old fashioned and come from the genre of picking the best side available and sometimes the horses for courses method. Resting fit players to me goes into the “flirting with form” category. But I respect all opinions whilst sticking to my own.

I get where you’re coming from and that’s why I deliberately used the word “ managed “ as opposed to rested. Managing players is an adult conversation that’s had between the coach and the player involved and ultimately the outcome is always about what’s best for the team both on the day and in the short term future. A coach playing finals also wants a feel for the capabilities of his fringe players in case they’re called up in a final because of a spate of injuries. The best way to know what you’re going to get from your depth players is for them to have had some RECENT experience at the top level. It’s a balancing act and it’s not even a topic of debate unless you’re sitting comfortably at the top of the ladder but if that’s where we do find ourselves, I can guarantee those conversations will be had with our very senior players.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10   

Jump to: