Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Stop Bucks and the Crows can beat us

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dillo_09 Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 9:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

That's very good to hear!!

Believe that at your peril Adelaide!!
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 10:05 pm

yes, i heard that.....and how do they plan to do it??? and if they all concentrate on stopping Bucks, then the rest of our team are home free.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 10:05 pm

Don't forget this is the same team that thought that in the Prelim too. You would have thought that they would have learned something enduring that experience. Prediction: Bucks gets 10 kicks but Collingwood win by 10 goals.
TRELOS 

TRELOS

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 10:17 pm

who cares...let em put their best tagger on bucks, weve still got Licuria, Obree, Burns and lets not forget that man Shane Woewodin, i honestly dont think theyve got enough taggers to stop them all....i honestly think this will be a nice victory.
See what i dont undersstand is we beat Port with no bucks in port, evry1 still reckons its No Buckley No Collingwood.
They cant handle the truth that Collingwood is nmber 1
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 7:40 am

Yeah the Dawks said if they stop Didak they would win too, let them think we are one dimensional these days. Still have not earned respect.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 9:00 am

Don't forget about Lockyer. Collingwood is still a very under rated team, and people can keep on thinking that as long as they like because in the end it will be better for us that way.

Adelaide supporters, we seem to beat Port okay and that was without Bucks. Similarly our record when Bucks is not playing is very good. Having said that, he is playing and will play well. Buckley will rip Adelaide apart and even if he doesn't, you have got to stop believing that if you stop Bucks, you stop Collingwood. It is a fallacy.
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 9:24 am

It's just mind games. They know they have no chance.
Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 10:00 am

They're running scared cos they know Nath ALWAYS kills em!!! And anyway, even a tag won't work on Nath - he will still rack up the 25+ quality possessions and kick a few 9 pointers just to add to their pain! hehehe Laughing
Pies Premiers 2003 Aquarius

KEEP SEPTEMBER FREE

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 10:36 am

Spot on Kristin.....Bucks does have an awesome record against the crows...the reality is if they keep him quite we will win by 45 points....if not it will be 60 plus

Bucks is a quality player and most sides prepare for a match with Bucks as the number one target....thats why we made the GF last year...they forgot we actually have 17 OTHER players on the ground....LICCA has won the past two copelands becuase he gets no attention or respect from the opposition....let them plan that way and see how far it gets them....DUDS.... Rolling Eyes .

GO PIES (OR SHOULD IT BE GO PIE???)

TERRY
Woody Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 11:26 am

There is no doubt that Bucks loves playing the crows, he has averaged 30 touches against them in their last 6 meetings. I reckon Bucks is about ready to take his game to that next level too, he was really dangerous against the Cats up forward kicking 4.3 - I would love to see him kick a few more captain's goals this season.

Code:
Buckley possesions against the crows:

Year  Rnd      K   H    P   M  Ta   G   B
------------------------------------------
1998 Rd.13    27   5   32   3   3   -   1
1999 Rd.12    22   9   31   7   -   3   3
2000 Rd.17    32   6   38   9   2   2   4
2001 Rd.13    31   6   37   7   7   2   1 
2002 Rd.14    22   7   29   4   7   1   - 
2002 PFinal   10   8   18   3  10   -   - 
Total        144  41  185  33  29   8   9
Average       24 6.8 30.8 5.5 4.8 1.3 1.5

Last edited by Woody on Wed Mar 12, 2003 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
creedymagpie Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 1:05 pm

With response to Joel, you are right we are still very underated as no one in the media has talked up the possiblity of us winning the premiership this year, they all think port, crows or the lions, but then again its always good to be the underdog.

At least we know howq good we are!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 1:37 pm

creedymagpie wrote:
With response to Joel, you are right we are still very underated as no one in the media has talked up the possiblity of us winning the premiership this year, they all think port, crows or the lions, but then again its always good to be the underdog.

At least we know howq good we are!

And we beat all three of those teams last year.
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 1:48 pm

Ahhh .... don't you love that old "Collingwood is one-man team" myth.

I think most half-way clued-up media hacks have gotten over that one by now ... but I guess Adelaide is still Adelaide ... half an hour behind the real world ... and they'll be half an hour behind us on Saturday.

I predict that our quarter-time score will exceed their half-time score ... our half-time score will exceed their three-quarter-time score ... and our three-quarter-time score will exceed their final score.

And then, Bucks ... after a very quiet night (only a couple of dozen touches to three-quarter time) ... will finally shake off the taggers and kick three nine-pointers in the final quarter. But it won't be enough to get him listed in our top half dozen players for the night.

**TIP: Collingwood to win by half an hour**
chalky 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 2:42 pm

If they beat us it will not be because they stopped Bux, it will be because we didn't turn up.
The boys are playing a very confident brand of footy ATM. Nothing seems to faze them recently - being down against Dawks + Pussies and coming back etc. Buckley certainly leads by example and putting the stopper on him will affect us, make no mistake. Enough to fall down like in the past? Not any more.
We are now still a great side without Bux playing or him being well tagged. But, we are an even greater side with Buckley at his formidable best.
They wanna tag him? Good, put Mcleod on him. That leaves a host of others 'pies to step in. As others have suggested, subscribing to the "no Buckley,no Collingwood" theory is fraught with danger. Some dumb sides will have to learn this lesson over and again the hard way .eg. stkilda,crows, 'scum. Underestimate this Magpie's unit at your peril!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: