Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#4 Brayden Maynard

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i'm starting to warm to him a bit, had a good second half of the season, hopfully he continues to improve.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:43 pm

He was the youngest player in the AFL last year and this is only his second year. I've never understood some of the harsh criticisms of him. The kid is going to be a gun player for us for the next decade. He may even progress into the midfield next year.

Imagine having players with brute force like Wills, a bigger stronger De Goey and Maynard smashing packs open, running through the middle of the ground and feeding the ball out to Pendles and Treloar. I'm excited.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:31 pm

My feeling too ---assembling hard heads Wills,Maynard,De Goey and the older Greenwood

And let's not forget Taylor Adams

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:04 pm

E wrote:
when do we think he is going to start to reduce the number of clangers he makes per game.

Seriously, you all forgive him for these mistakes now because he is young and promising and so you overlook all of these flaws.

Once he becomes an established player, these clangers are the type of thing that make you a whipping boy on this site. Look at Brown and Toovey.

I bet blair wishes he was doing the hard in and under stuff he's been doing as a 19 year old. People give you a lot more credit when you are a kid!!!

22 disposals on the weekend at 72.7% efficiency. 5 clangers (Brodie had 11. Howe and varcoe 4 each)

Not great but not exactly clanger city.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:13 pm

There would be no player playing that as a kid
learning the caper would have not made errors

Up to coach's and some of the older team leaders
to help him eliminate them

mudlark 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:06 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
He was the youngest player in the AFL last year and this is only his second year. I've never understood some of the harsh criticisms of him. The kid is going to be a gun player for us for the next decade. He may even progress into the midfield next year.

Imagine having players with brute force like Wills, a bigger stronger De Goey and Maynard smashing packs open, running through the middle of the ground and feeding the ball out to Pendles and Treloar. I'm excited.

Jackson Ramsey is even better than Maynard.Imagine how good our 1/2 back line will be when we have Maynard Ramsay Langdon to choose from leaving Adams to go back to the mid field where he belongs..
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:12 pm

mudlark wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Jackson Ramsey is even better than Maynard.Imagine how good our 1/2 back line will be when we have Maynard Ramsay Langdon to choose from leaving Adams to go back to the mid field where he belongs..

Maynard, Ramsay, Langdon and Scharenberg.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:17 pm

Youth coming thru and the exit of some respected veterans I ponder if the Sack may decide to join
Toov's and Caff

mudlark 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:19 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
mudlark wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Apparently??? No one rates Scharenberg but I'll add him every day of the week.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:41 pm

mudlark wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
mudlark wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Based on what he showed in the VFL and his 2 or 3 senior games I was not impressed by Scharenberg at all. However, the weight of opinion by those with far better football pedigrees than me, who rate him as an A grade talent, is such that I have joined the Schaz bandwagon. Let's just hope that the kid has an injury free season next year and begins to build a wonderful career with the Pies.
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:59 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
mudlark wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
mudlark wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Based on what he showed in the VFL and his 2 or 3 senior games I was not impressed by Scharenberg at all. However, the weight of opinion by those with far better football pedigrees than me, who rate him as an A grade talent, is such that I have joined the Schaz bandwagon. Let's just hope that the kid has an injury free season next year and begins to build a wonderful career with the Pies.

Don't discount Smith. This guy's a ripper.

dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:59 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
mudlark wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
mudlark wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Don't discount Smith. This guy's a ripper.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:10 am

barrybc41 wrote:
Youth coming thru and the exit of some respected veterans I ponder if the Sack may decide to join
Toov's and Caff

Can't afford to lose them all. Was hoping Tooves would go on again next year along with the Sack, and that we'll keep Cloke for that matter.
Pebbles Rocks 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:32 pm

Beast wrote:
Mate I've killed for far less than people mentioning Braynard in the same sentence with Blair.

Watch your step from now on.

brilliant!! Very Happy

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:33 pm

jackcass wrote:
barrybc41 wrote:
Toov's and Caff

Can't afford to lose them all. Was hoping Tooves would go on again next year along with the Sack, and that we'll keep Cloke for that matter.

Yeah I still hope we keep Cloke but it seems totally unlikely according to all the speculation... Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 13 of 40   

Jump to: