Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#4 Brayden Maynard

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:06 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never understood why so many Nicksters have been highly critical of this kid. Sure, he stuffs up now and again, but he's still only 19 yrs of age ffs. From day one he has put his body on the line and played with the sort of physicality and aggression which usually only comes after a few years in the system. Maynard and Ramsay will be our attacking half back flankers for the next decade. He's one of my favourite players.
slangman 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:15 pm

I don’t see much in him. Even for a young player he commits far too many turnovers. Tries hard but has to many similarities to guys like Jason Wild, Stephen Patterson etc….try’s really hard but is not up to it.
slangman 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:15 pm

I don’t see much in him. Even for a young player he commits far too many turnovers. Tries hard but has to many similarities to guys like Jason Wild, Stephen Patterson etc….try’s really hard but is not up to it.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:17 pm

slangman wrote:
Yes, even that.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:01 pm

Another player with massive upside as we've noted with Marsh as well.

He might receive a rising star nomination this week, which was easily his best performance in his short career so far.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:29 am

RudeBoy wrote:
I've never understood why so many Nicksters have been highly critical of this kid. Sure, he stuffs up now and again, but he's still only 19 yrs of age ffs. From day one he has put his body on the line and played with the sort of physicality and aggression which usually only comes after a few years in the system. Maynard and Ramsay will be our attacking half back flankers for the next decade. He's one of my favourite players.

Yep, agree. We're blessed to have Ramsay, Maynard, Williams, Sinclair, Langdon and Smith all projecting as really good long term small-medium defenders. Will give selectors a few headaches when they're all fit and available.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:47 am

Jezza wrote:
Another player with massive upside as we've noted with Marsh as well.

He might receive a rising star nomination this week, which was easily his best performance in his short career so far.

Are you forgetting which team he plays for?
Buckley Swan 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:05 pm

Maynard, son of Peter, not Rod, was good on Saturday night.
I like that he cracks in. His disposal can be improved, but he's not alone.
There's a bit of the young Heath Shaw about him, I reckon.

www.wickettowicket.com.au - Grassroots cricket website, message me if you'd like to contribute.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:59 pm

Liked him from day 1. Has a nasty streak / white line fever which I love and is a beautiful kick. Decision making has been horrendous at times but should improve.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:08 pm

He's 19 guys. Rolling Eyes
matrix10 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:19 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

I've said a few times that I think he could do with finding some form in the 2's.

I stand by this- but understand the more exposure he gets at AFL level- the quicker he is fast-tracked.

Like you and others have said- he is only 19- he will be an extremely good player.

My concern was that he was getting games in the seniors that he may not have got had we had a full list.

His two biggest weaknesses as a young player- will be his two greatest strengths as he matures- Confidence and Aggression.

His confidence has seen him go for the impossible pass that comes straight back for an opposition goal a couple of times a game.

His aggression needs to be channelled- and with a good block of form behind him, will not seem as 'try-hard' as it can when he is getting pantsed by his opposition.

The 2014 draft is looking to be a boom
Sir Alan of Didak Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:11 pm

Said it 12 months ago, 6 months ago and 3 months ago. Will say it again now.
Brayden Maynard = Young Luke Hodge.
This is why at the start of the year I had Maynard (and J.Marsh) in the starting 18...WITH A FULL LIST to choose from.
Recognise talent when you see it, not after break out games. Easy to label these kids "turnover Kings" too when they're still getting up to speed in the AFL. Playing in defence, mistakes are more likely to result in goals to the opposition. It's not rocket science. Mark my words, Maynard shows all the signs of being the next Hodgey - the most influential player of our generation - whilst Marsh is wearing the number 17 for a reason...

Last edited by Sir Alan of Didak on Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:35 pm

Sir Alan of Didak wrote:
Said it 12 months ago, 6 months ago and 3 months ago. Will say it again now.
Brayden Maynard = Young Luke Hodge.
This is why at the start of the year I had Maynard (and J.Marsh) in the starting 18...WITH A FULL LIST to choose from.
Recognise talent when you see it, not after break out games. Easy to label these kids "turnover Kings" when they're still getting up to speed in the AFL. Playing in defence, mistakes are more likely to result in goals to the opposition. It's not rocket science. Mark my words, Maynard shows all the signs of being the next Hodgey - the most influential player of our generation - whilst Marsh is wearing the number 17 for a reason...

Agree 100%, kid is a star already.
Some clowns on this forum would pick Sinclair ahead of him vs Carlton.
Most of the same people who would stick with Buckley.
Really have to wonder the motivations of some of our supporters and coach when they can not see genuine footballers from potatoes.
MGR 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:31 pm

Maynard is a very gutsy player but his turnovers are a concern
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:37 pm

MGR wrote:
Maynard is a very gutsy player but his turnovers are a concern

Went at 72% DE on Friday night so if he can continue to improve on that he'll be fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 9 of 40   

Jump to: