Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#4 Brayden Maynard

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:38 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

melliot wrote:
derkd wrote:
melliot wrote:
I think he has some promise. But concerned about his smarts with the ball. I have very little faith when he gets it and pretty much awaiting to see the turn over when he disposes of the ball..

A few mates say the same Melliot. But personaly i dont see it, I think he is far more reliable then say a Sinclair or Williams. I dont know, but from what i have seen he strikes me as a lock in pick moving forward (for this year anway) maybe Ramsay will contest him Berg is an unkown due to injury. I would say his spot is his to lose. loved his strong marking and play making last night.

I guess time will tell.

When assessing Sinlair as a player, forget his initial seasons as a forward. His disposcal as a back has been good.

I count the times they hit the targets when they should. Not the times the kick looks good.

Seedsman is the prime example. Looks a good kick. But turns it over.

Maynard turns it over. By hand and foot. It seems to me to be a decision making issue rather than a skill or ability issue. At 19 he does have time on his side. But I continue to be reserved on the kid at this stage.

Did gave a solid game against Freo. But other games have shown some issues for him to correct.

Agree on Sinkers, thought he was on par with Grundy, Reid and Sidey as our best player in the 1st half.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:47 am

RudeBoy wrote:
I reckon he's a beauty.

I'll second that.

Big, tough, more than a touch of mongrel and has a long left boot,

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:16 am

didick wrote:
derkd wrote:
melliot wrote:
I think he has some promise. But concerned about his smarts with the ball. I have very little faith when he gets it and pretty much awaiting to see the turn over when he disposes of the ball..

A few mates say the same Melliot. But personaly i dont see it, I think he is far more reliable then say a Sinclair or Williams. I dont know, but from what i have seen he strikes me as a lock in pick moving forward (for this year anway) maybe Ramsay will contest him Berg is an unkown due to injury. I would say his spot is his to lose. loved his strong marking and play making last night.

I guess time will tell.

I agree. Rated him very highly last night. Williams hasn't been back long and doesn't seem to be taking the game on. Maynard has a crack and is happy to do the tough stuff too. Last night Maynard on top. Close between the two though.

It's strange that the perception of Sinclair as a bad kick still persists. He's made less mistakes than any in our back six this year, or just about anyone we've played. He could maybe be called out for playing too safe but certainly not turnover prone.

Maynard on the other hand has had real issues with his short kicking, not just misses but howlers that go nowhere near a teammate. He definitely looks a player and was good last night but he will need to reduce those errors because they haven't been on tough passes just regular hit ups that every player should make.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:08 am

We tend to forget that he is only 19, in his second season and that this is the first full season where he has been getting a regular game. He has some shortcomings, not least his iffy delivery, but he promises to be a superb hard nut back flanker who can be part of the Collingwood uprising I firmly expect to follow next year.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:55 am

That one on one marking contest that he won despite initially being out positioned by his opponent, is the type of stuff that will win you games of footy. Hope this finally ends the monotonous weekly callings for him to be dropped whenever we lose a game. He's here now firmly entrenched in our best 22 and its up to someone else to prove they're better to take his spot away from him.
think better 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:04 pm

stui magpie wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
I reckon he's a beauty.

I'll second that.

Big, tough, more than a touch of mongrel and has a long left boot,

I third that -on Friday night he had 12 marks, 6 tackles and 22 possessions at 72 % efficiency. When he sharpens up his disposal he could be anything. Something of Nick Maxwell in his tenacity and attack on the ball/player I reckon.

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:29 pm

Definitely improving with the games we have got into him.

Will be interesting when Ramma is back given Ramma is a certain starter having polled coach's votes in 8 of the 9 games he has played. At this stage Maynard might just be ahead of Sinkers.

Museman 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:42 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
That one on one marking contest that he won despite initially being out positioned by his opponent, is the type of stuff that will win you games of footy. Hope this finally ends the monotonous weekly callings for him to be dropped whenever we lose a game. He's here now firmly entrenched in our best 22 and its up to someone else to prove they're better to take his spot away from him.

Yes and he will lose us games with his very iffy disposal, and his apparent moungrel has a habit of dishing it out to an opponent who has been free kicked against a teammate, I can see a reversal of decision coming, no need for it...Is dumb football.

Having said that, credit where it's due....he was much improved on Friday night.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:47 pm

jackcass wrote:
Easily his best game for the club. If that becomes his new minimum standard I'll be happy. Think he'll be a very good player with another couple of preseason so under the belt.

Your minimum standard is that a 19yo be BOG - wow ?!?

You really are a harsh critic from your Bendigo armchair.

FFS the kid is a gun already.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:49 pm

If anyone dare mentions Sinclair in a Maynard thread again I'll SPEW up.

One is a very average 2s player, one is a potential superstar of the game.

Get a grip on reality pllllease
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:43 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:

I'm a big a fan of sinkers as the next man, but 'potential superstar ' is laying it on a bit thick isn't it?

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:45 pm

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:

I'm a big a fan of sinkers as the next man, but 'potential superstar ' is laying it on a bit thick isn't it?

All hands on deck. Prepare to repel boarders. Shocked

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:13 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Easily his best game for the club. If that becomes his new minimum standard I'll be happy. Think he'll be a very good player with another couple of preseason so under the belt.

Your minimum standard is that a 19yo be BOG - wow ?!?

You really are a harsh critic from your Bendigo armchair.

FFS the kid is a gun already.

Not sure what part of "if that becomes his new minimum standard" makes my view anything but a positive look at his performance. Just out of interest point me to where he's been listed as BOG. And it was a view formed from Bay N52 in the Olympic Stand.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:17 pm

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:

Agree, he was among our best Friday night but just don't think Sinkers could ever reach superstar status.
Beast 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:59 pm

Watching him and Treloar are just about the only two things that make me watch our games this year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 8 of 40   

Jump to: