Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Dishwasher and Induction Cooktop

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:35 pm
Post subject: Dishwasher and Induction CooktopReply with quote

We’re looking to buy a dishwasher and an induction stovetop.

What do you have and what do you suggest?

Can’t afford Miele but looking at either ASKO, BOSCH or (LG for the dishwasher only)

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:37 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Miele Immer Besser dishwasher and it’s brilliant, love the knives and forks tray at the top.

Here we have a blanco cooktop, hate hate hate it! Was wrapped when the oven died, the replacement is so much better! At the beach house we have bunnings brand cooktop and it’s bloody brilliant! Not sure on convection cooking, ours is gas

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:03 am

Can't help you, my dishwasher was a special buy 10 years ago, haven't used it for years and don't have any kind of cooktop, just the gas range on top of the oven.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:15 pm

Cheers. Think I might go Siemens for the dishwasher ( hate dealing with companies that profited from and actively worked with the Nazis and profited from Jewish forced labour as part of the industrial murder of European Jews in the Holocaust ) but that’s another story.

Not sure about the cooktop though. Still looking.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:08 pm

I don't get dishwashers unless you're using a lot of dishes, it only takes a few minutes to wash by hand for a normal meal and I'll go to my grave saying that a gas range is far better than anything electric.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:13 am

stui magpie wrote:
I don't get dishwashers unless you're using a lot of dishes, it only takes a few minutes to wash by hand for a normal meal and I'll go to my grave saying that a gas range is far better than anything electric.

We’re renovating and will probably sell in 5 years or so. First time we’ll have a dishwasher. I’m also expecting my oldest, SIL and grandson to be living with us in a transition when they look to buy a house in Melbourne post selling their Geelong West house.

I love gas too but induction is the way of the future and will be cheaper, safer and more efficient. It will require an adjustment because we’ve almost exclusively had gas.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:21 am

I don’t understand not having a dishwasher! At least in the form of children! I love my dishwasher! I love fas too,hate electric hot plates, but the new place doesn’t have town gas do I guess I’ll get use to it. The little farm house has gas cooking, has a big bottle outside. Unless we can connect when we build it will be electric! Heating has me worried,I don’t do cold!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:35 am

If the gas cooking doesn't need replacing, nothing wrong with the big old gas bottles.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:34 am

I've got a Beko dishwasher (and fridge), been excellent for over 10 years now.

Never had electric hotplates, can't beat gas IMO for cooking.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:27 pm

stui magpie wrote:
If the gas cooking doesn't need replacing, nothing wrong with the big old gas bottles.

Gunna build a new house, it’s an 18 month 2 year project, bloody big shed first then the retirement place. No stairs! Lake view!

The house there is tiny, dank, dark, depressing, needs restumping, after watching the block treechange I realised I’m not very nostalgic, I want new, modern, big rooms, big windows, where the garage and chaotic array of sheds are there is a perfect unspoilt view of the lake and grasslands across the road, from the current house, just fence, English messy garden, and from the main bedroom, the chook run! Most of the perimeter fencing will remain, just a taller fence along the creek line, and a line of trees up the top paddock. move a couple of paddock fences is first up and build the sheep a shelter, trees are not enough!

The shack does however, have s reasonable dishwasher, gas cooking and a brilliant shower, dude was a plumber!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:39 pm

OK, so you build a new shed first, then knock over the old ones to build the new house there.

You keeping the old house as a place for visitors to stay or use as an Air BnB for people who want a rustic weekend retreat?

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:56 pm

stui magpie wrote:
OK, so you build a new shed first, then knock over the old ones to build the new house there.

You keeping the old house as a place for visitors to stay or use as an Air BnB for people who want a rustic weekend retreat?
if they let us, probably!
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:55 pm

So picked up the Siemens new but superseded dishwasher for $1300 - a $1000 cheaper than new and comes with the standard 5 year warranty.

Looking at getting a Siemens induction cooktop but they are expensive. Swings and roundabouts. Win in the dishwasher lose on the stovetop. My view is if we’re paying an arm and a leg for the renovation then not to use cheap goods as it were. Dipping into savings big time 🤦‍♂️

Younger people at work swear by the induction cooktops. Fast++, efficient++ but we may need to re wire some aspects of the house. 🤦‍♂️😱

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:10 pm

nup gimme gas! easier to control
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:21 pm

stui magpie wrote:

Have had gas big bottles for cooking last 34 years (didn’t have gas connected when we first bought house in Bendigo) and it has been tremendous. We kept the bottle system even after natural gas became available. Wouldn’t ever consider electric cooking unless I had absolutely no other options. Gas is brilliant for Asian (Sri Lankan curries etc) cooking and also for stir fry stuff.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: