Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Dishwasher and Induction Cooktop

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't used an induction cooktop, they dosound pretty good though...
This is a good guide.

Advantages of an induction cooktop

· Induction cooking is fast – the rapid response of the electromagnetic cycle can save up to 50 percent off your average cook times, which is great for meals in a flash!

· It’s safer – the coil only heats the metal cookware placed on the glass cooktop, it’s safer to use around pets and children (and also easier to clean).

· It’s very precise – you can control the temperature more accurately with even heat distribution

· It’s efficient – unlike a gas flame, very little heat energy escapes from induction cooking which can save you time and money on your energy bill!

Advantages of a gas cooktop

· It gives you intuitive control – by slightly turning the knob up or down, you can see the gas flame react, allowing you to intuitively control the gas flow (the heat) coming from the cooktop (rather than using a preset temperature level).

· It’s durable – the metal used for gas cooktops tends to be more robust compared to the glass tops of induction cooktops, which can be easier to scratch or mark.

· It’s cost-effective – overall, gas tends to be more affordable than electricity, and this becomes even more beneficial if you cook a lot. Plus, there’s no need to ditch your favourite pan or purchase new cookware as with gas appliances, you can use any type of cookware.

· It’s not dependent on electricity – if your home loses power, you can still use a gas cooktop by lighting the burner with a match or lighter. This is especially helpful if you live in an area with inclement weather or frequent outages.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:09 pm

I'll stick with gas, the majority of commercial kitchens use it for a reason and considering most of Victoria's electricity still comes from coal, gas is cleaner.

All this BS in parliament today about capping prices. FFS, a little bit of foresight, we have massive reserves of gas, we shouldn't be paying European prices for it, the Government(s) should just have made it a condition that X amount needs to be sold to the local market at a set price and they can sell the rest overseas. With the amount of reserves we have it should be damn near free.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:23 pm

Can’t do induction cooking 😢

Our house is over 70 years old and it would mean getting a new mains and other wiring done. While my SIL will do the Electrical’s for the kitchen renovation the cost on top of the unit will be too much.

Gas it is so we bought a Franke black glass sleek gas stove top today.

https://www.google.com.au/shopping/product/12252249793364744046

(Different price paid)

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:55 pm

lazzadesilva wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
If the gas cooking doesn't need replacing, nothing wrong with the big old gas bottles.

Have had gas big bottles for cooking last 34 years (didn’t have gas connected when we first bought house in Bendigo) and it has been tremendous. We kept the bottle system even after natural gas became available. Wouldn’t ever consider electric cooking unless I had absolutely no other options. Gas is brilliant for Asian (Sri Lankan curries etc) cooking and also for stir fry stuff.

Really?
Hmm something to think about, I really would prefer fas!

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:13 am

Anything over $500 for a gas cook top is ludicrous.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:20 pm

Just dropping in to say I don't have the slightest clue what any of you guys are talking about, and I don't want to hear any complaints about my obscure thread topics again. Laughing
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:51 pm

watt price tully wrote:

Our house is over 70 years old and it would mean getting a new mains and other wiring done. While my SIL will do the Electrical’s for the kitchen renovation the cost on top of the unit will be too much.

(Different price paid)

Please tell me you don't have 70yr old wiring and ceramic fuses? Shocked

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:59 pm

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

(Different price paid)

Please tell me you don't have 70yr old wiring and ceramic fuses? Shocked

😊😜 Nah, Re wired about 20 years ago but didn’t at that time do the mains. Circuit board has been upgraded a few years ago. Just when the induction is on can use a lot of power quickly. It’s more efficient than gas and the newer models do things like stir fry easily.

A woman at work won’t go back to gas but she has Miele if you don’t mind. Like my Thule bike rack words like Miele and Thule are Scandinavian for friggin expensive. Those who have the newer models love it, just old farts have to adapt to change. Being young that was no issue 😉 just beyond my budget for the time being.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:07 pm

thank fck for that, my house is similar age and I had the front rewired after I put the extension on. The old wiring and ceramic fuses is a death trap.

I do agree with Skids though, you paid way overs for that gas cooktop, $2k for pretty and $500 for functionality. You could have got a more practical 4 or 5 burner for a lot less.

https://www.thegoodguys.com.au/cooking-and-dishwashers/cooktops/gas-cooktops

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:38 pm

stui magpie wrote:
thank fck for that, my house is similar age and I had the front rewired after I put the extension on. The old wiring and ceramic fuses is a death trap.

I do agree with Skids though, you paid way overs for that gas cooktop, $2k for pretty and $500 for functionality. You could have got a more practical 4 or 5 burner for a lot less.

https://www.thegoodguys.com.au/cooking-and-dishwashers/cooktops/gas-cooktops

We could have bought a 5 burner for a lot less. We paid for build, 5 year warranty, quality, cleanability, brand and looks. Very happy with what we purchased. Saved a grand on the Siemens new dishwasher also 5 year warranty. Swings and ‘roundabouts. See it as evens. If we’re doing a flash renovation I’m not putting an embassy brand in 😉

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:49 pm

If you're doing it to sell, the flash model is good, if you're doing it to stay you want functionality not pretty. You don't see pretty black glass in a commercial kitchen, just stainless steel.

Anyway, kitchens are the most overspent areas in the house after bathrooms. So many people spend a shitpile on a fancy kitchen and expensive appliances they never use because it looks good. I prefer cheap and functional.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:38 pm

$500 can get you a butt ugly cooktop

Spend a bit more, and you get something that sits flush with the benchtop, or has quality burners, trivets and caps. Not aluminium ones, but brass.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:53 pm

$500 can get you a butt ugly cooktop

Spend a bit more, and you get something that sits flush with the benchtop, or has quality burners, trivets and caps. Not aluminium ones, but brass.

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:50 pm

David wrote:
Just dropping in to say I don't have the slightest clue what any of you guys are talking about, and I don't want to hear any complaints about my obscure thread topics again. Laughing

We are gas bagging about using gas for cooking, a type of gaslighting I guess. But no one run out of gas yet so no one has had to pass gas 🤪😎

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:08 pm

lazzadesilva wrote:
David wrote:

We are gas bagging about using gas for cooking, a type of gaslighting I guess. But no one run out of gas yet so no one has had to pass gas 🤪😎

😂😂

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: