Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#29 Joe Richards

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:45 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

When asked what young player has impressed most, Sidebottom was glowing on mature-aged recruit Joe Richards.
“But the young guy Joe Richards that we got from Wangaratta, he’s 23 and a little small forward.
“He has come in and has sort of had a mark on the group already.
“I don’t want to put the pressure on him, but potentially he’ll play some senior footy this year.”

Source :
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/01/27/the-collingwood-draftee-that-sidebottom-believes-could-play-senior-footy/

Last edited by LaurieHolden on Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:07 pm

Richards and the other recruits appear very promising as are the four experienced ones
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:46 pm

Richards is being primed for Noble's spot.
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:05 pm

stui magpie wrote:

Yeah maybe but I would like to see Noble have first dibs on the position. The new chum can wait until his chance arrives, if and when. Noble deserves to start there after playing the position well for the entire season last year.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:04 pm

Hine made a comment about Richards having a quality that’s very rare in most footballers. Hine described him as a natural, instinctive player who doesn’t need to think about making the right decisions. He just knows what to do and when to do it.
Hine also said something like “ he already plays the way we want all our players to play “. He might be of slight build but hes a mature age player and with multiple strings to his bow, he could genuinely be one to watch early on.
Simon_Presti_Worldwide 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:30 pm

stui magpie wrote:

Isn’t he training as a small forward?

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:10 am
Post subject: Joe Richards calling!Reply with quote

Joe Richards kicked a lazy bag of 6 goals in the VFL, following up on the 3 he kicked the previous week.

Apparently he has trained the house down over the pre-season and now seems primed to make his senior debut some time soon. Obviously he's a different type of player, but Schultz better start making a bigger impact shortly, or he could find himself making way for Richards.
LaurieHolden Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:28 am

Pies2016 wrote:
Hine made a comment about Richards having a quality that’s very rare in most footballers. Hine described him as a natural, instinctive player who doesn’t need to think about making the right decisions. He just knows what to do and when to do it.
Hine also said something like “ he already plays the way we want all our players to play “. He might be of slight build but hes a mature age player and with multiple strings to his bow, he could genuinely be one to watch early on.

I watched the game yesterday, it's exactly the way he played. When opportunity presented, he pounced.

Might we hear Concrete Blondes - Joey, Baby echoing through the stands by years end...
https://youtu.be/OdpTcvSn8HQ?si=wWrbbLp9e0osErNN

think better 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:54 am
Post subject: Re: Joe Richards calling!Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
Joe Richards kicked a lazy bag of 6 goals in the VFL, following up on the 3 he kicked the previous week.

Apparently he has trained the house down over the pre-season and now seems primed to make his senior debut some time soon. Obviously he's a different type of player, but Schultz better start making a bigger impact shortly, or he could find himself making way for Richards.

Richards seems more like a Ginnivan type than a Schultz type.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:32 am

LaurieHolden wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:

I watched the game yesterday, it's exactly the way he played. When opportunity presented, he pounced.

Might we hear Concrete Blondes - Joey, Baby echoing through the stands by years end...
https://youtu.be/OdpTcvSn8HQ?si=wWrbbLp9e0osErNN

I hope not, that song is terrible.

LaurieHolden Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:44 am

Skids wrote:
I hope not, that song is terrible.

No argument there!

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:33 am

That’s nine goals in the opening two rounds. He’s seriously snuck up on us all from nowhere. It’s only a small sample size but the obvious conclusion is that he doesn’t need much of the footy to make an impact on the scoreboard.
We should remember he suffered a serious hamstring injury last season that seriously derailed his 2023 campaign, so what we’re seeing now is presumably closer to what the club saw in him when he was first recruited.
I wish I had seen more of the VFL game on the weekend to add a little more to his performance. We know he’s small, quick, has neat skills on both sides and reads the situation better than most. One to watch should the opportunity arise in our AFL teams forward line.
LaurieHolden Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:57 am

Pies2016 wrote:
That’s nine goals in the opening two rounds. He’s seriously snuck up on us all from nowhere. It’s only a small sample size but the obvious conclusion is that he doesn’t need much of the footy to make an impact on the scoreboard.
We should remember he suffered a serious hamstring injury last season that seriously derailed his 2023 campaign, so what we’re seeing now is presumably closer to what the club saw in him when he was first recruited.
I wish I had seen more of the VFL game on the weekend to add a little more to his performance. We know he’s small, quick, has neat skills on both sides and reads the situation better than most. One to watch should the opportunity arise in our AFL teams forward line.

Joe Richards in 2024:
Round 1 VFL
◍ 3 goals [2 behinds]
◍ 15 disposals | 7 marks | 4 tackles

Round 2 VFL
◍ 6 goals
◍ 18 disposals | 3 marks | 1 tackle

It's a good game to watch, we were stiff not to roll them. The Lions bat pretty deep off their academy list, so it was great we stood up, particularly after the onslaught early.
For those wanting to weigh in on the emerging players, well worth a viewing.
Whttps://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=92992&start=30

inxs88 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:37 pm

^ Perfect Sub perhaps Laurie Smile
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:14 pm
Post subject: Re: Joe Richards calling!Reply with quote

think better wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Richards seems more like a Ginnivan type than a Schultz type.

I'd say more like Bobby or Billy, without the high marking. He's a crumbing forward. I'd say he's gone past Harrison as next cab off the rank if Billy needs a spell.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6   

Jump to: