Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#29 Joe Richards

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:43 am
Post subject: Welcome to Collingwood #29 Joe RichardsReply with quote

The best thing we did was trading our second round draft pick for a future second rounder. Richards was always going to float down the list to us and Ed Allan was a much better target than Hustwaite. Richards will have to compete against Hill who has the jump being in the system. The disappointing thing for me was missing out on a ruckman and some key position players. I’m just hoping they’re there next year.
piffdog 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:11 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
The best thing we did was trading our second round draft pick for a future second rounder. Richards was always going to float down the list to us and Ed Allan was a much better target than Hustwaite. Richards will have to compete against Hill who has the jump being in the system. The disappointing thing for me was missing out on a ruckman and some key position players. I’m just hoping they’re there next year.

How many spots left? Rookie draft tonight isnt it - any gangly prspects there? Ruckman at the mid-season draft?

dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:18 am

piffdog wrote:
MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:

How many spots left? Rookie draft tonight isnt it - any gangly prspects there? Ruckman at the mid-season draft?

Why? So we can educate them and then give them away ala Witts, Ceglar, Lynch and Grundy?

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:22 am

DT wrote:
Lachie Neale is 177cm - just sayin

How about Dayne Zorko: 175cm, recruited as a 22 year old. Now has 5 best and fairests, All-Australian honors, should hit 250 games next year, and is the captain of the Lions.

We shouldn't be writing Richards off at all. Sure, he probably wont reach the heights of other players mentioned in the thread, but he was pick 48 in the draft ffs. Only 11 more picks were taken after him, including 2 father-son selections.

I think it was a good call to draft him. As a mature aged player, he could be ready to play sooner than others taken before him.

Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:54 am

Noble isnt top 22, but close to it. Once he went down, In My Opinion, we lacked zip around the ball. The Browns depth or magden , just couldn't cut it.

Nick Daicos of course was the answer. Yet, Noble still valued.

If this Richards can play that sweeper role, then onballler Nick Daicos can be seen as pick 48.
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:03 am

We used the mid-season draft to get mature players like Johnson and Carmichael and have now done the same in the actual draft.
The thinking may be that recruiting players that have shown consistent form in the minor leagues has a better chance of paying off than taking a punt on a talented (but not elite) kid.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:10 am

Jake Bowey played in a premiership 14 months ago. Probably the smallest player to be drafted in recent years.
I never quite understand why some people seem to place a higher value on a tall kicking a goal over a small kicking a goal. They still both net the same points on the scoreboard. I guarantee with our window open right now, we will get a better return from Richards in the short term ( however that looks ) than we would any 200cm 18 year old tall who was also selected as a late pick in the draft.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:30 am

How did Liam McMahon turn out? How did Sam McLarty turn out? Yes we are in need of a tall attacking key forward, but unless you get one with a top 10 pick, I think taking best available at pick 48 was the way to go.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:31 am

So 10 minutes after drafting him "Defensive Derek" is trying to turn a 11 goal in one game offensive forward into a Defender!! Craig Macrae shut this down.
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:08 am

^ Creating a better version of Noble?
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:33 am

Welcome Joe !! the future looks bright !!

Im excited and not worried about his height at all.
Probably more so his weight and if he gets knocked off the ball or not.
Hitting the gym will be one of his priorities.
Talent is definitely there though.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:53 am

Hine also commented this “ kid “ gets tagged every week in the O and M league and they still couldn’t stop him. Well he won’t be getting tagged in the AFL anytime soon. He’s clearly versatile, if not a little petite but you can always find a position for a good footballer. We will all know soon enough just how good he is.
Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:44 pm

"Wee" George Bisset who played for Footscray and Collingwood was 168cm
❤️️
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:47 pm

If its been said before I apologise but the recruitment team got it right at this point in time.
So well done Dekka and the team!!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:32 am

Pies2016 wrote:
Hine also commented this “ kid “ gets tagged every week in the O and M league and they still couldn’t stop him. Well he won’t be getting tagged in the AFL anytime soon. He’s clearly versatile, if not a little petite but you can always find a position for a good footballer. We will all know soon enough just how good he is.

Looks like we’ve picked up a ripper. Good luck to the young man. Already a teacher (not unlike McCrae) should mean he’ll have a degree (excuse the pun) of maturity about him and will be desperate to prove himself.
Just need to get some steroids into him 😉
Good luck to the new recruit, welcome to Collingwood Joe Richards.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8   

Jump to: