Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Ross Lyon likely to be appointed coach

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:00 pm
Post subject: Ross Lyon likely to be appointed coachReply with quote

From a few people who have links to St Kilda, the word is that Ross Lyon is very likely to be appointed coach again. I think they are nuts to revisit this appointment which was a failure last time (although they were in two grand finals) but hey, they know best I guess. I shudder at their decision making.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, we can beat them in a Gf again. They should be in one by 2035.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:45 pm

They should appoint Yze, but they're probably stupid enough to bring back Lyon.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:53 pm

Timmy Watson’s a shoe in
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:45 pm

SEN has been reporting that Lyon has got the gig and the announcement is imminent.

I wonder if they'll bring back Uncoordinated Nick and the Tiprat as his sidekicks? "Getting the band back together".
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:44 pm

While I never wanted Lyon for Collingwood anyway after enduring our mind numbing football in 2021 the biggest knock for me is he'll need to overcome the entire history of the game to ever become a premiership coach.

That's not a chance I wanted our club to take but as it's one of the 17 other teams I really couldn't GAF.

In his defence he has been seen as a viable option for a number of senior coaching positions these past couple of seasons and was the leading candidate (after Clarkson) for the Carlton role last year before pulling out.

I kind of feel it'll be disingenuous for any media to now take a negative view of this impending appointment just because it involves a club he's already coached.

In reality the pickings have gotten pretty slim for St Kilda and while it might not be fair on Yze, with him having now gone for and missed out on a number of senior roles, appointing him could not only be seen as St Kilda settling for the 2nd best candidate but the 3rd or 4th.

Lyon might well not be the correct choice but of those available it's hard to argue that his record doesn't make him the most qualified and seemingly for many Saint supporters his appointment will be welcomed.

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:22 pm

swoop42 wrote:
In reality the pickings have gotten pretty slim for St Kilda and while it might not be fair on Yze, with him having now gone for and missed out on a number of senior roles, appointing him could not only be seen as St Kilda settling for the 2nd best candidate but the 3rd or 4th.

I wonder why Yze keeps on getting knock backs? I always thought that he would make a very good coach but obviously clubs disagree.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: