Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Why I'm a Magpies member

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brian 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 10:42 am
Post subject: Why I'm a Magpies memberReply with quote

I just want to make this post to make it clear to everyone reading this great bulletin board.

I pay my membership money every year because I love our great club to bits. I do not expect to receive full value from it because I will probably only get to about 6 games each year. But that is irrelevant to me - I'd pay for my membership even if I didnt think I'd get to any games at all.

So I don't want anybody making posts here to suggest that Magpie members only put their hands in their pocket for rewards they might personally receive (free entry to games, access (maybe!!) to finals/GF tickets etc). This is certainly a part of it, but it's not the entire story.

I also don't think that people who cannot afford to be members should be bullied into buying memberships. To all of you in this position, I hope you can enjoy and participate in our great club's successes through watching them on TV, and maybe getting to an occasional game.

I also would like to add that as a Christian I recognise that there are many other important and worthy ways to use my money.

But to those who can afford it and love the Magpies, I urge you all to get behind our great club, and take out whatever form of membership you can. Let's be passionate about the Pies in 2003!!
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 11:59 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said Brian, there are a lot of people that have the view that if they buy a membership they "own" the club and can say whatever they like about the players and club, when its Collingwood that owns us. People shouldn't be bullied into buying a membership but at the same time our great club needs members to insure we are around in another hundred years, you can get membership from $65 and whilst some would say its not a real membership, it is and every bit helps.

GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD FOREVER!
Madpies_Fan Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 2:28 pm

Fantastic Brian, you've said something that I have often wanted to say myself, and I couldn't of put it any better. I live about a 2 - 3 hour drive from Melbourne depending on traffic, and I have a season ticket, and the last couple of years I've gotten to 9/11 games, so I'm thrilled with that. Like you, I would pay for a membership even if I couldn't go, because I love the club and want to help them. I brought my first membership 3 years ago. I am in that boat of not having much money, me and my parents struggle on through, and I have to find the money to pay for the petrol to get to the game and back, and to find the money for the mebership. But I find a way and thrilled that I now can. And we've scraped together a few more $ so my mum is now a member too.. I don't think anyone should feel less of a supporter just because you don't buy a membership for whatever reason. And particulary us ST members and the other types of membership, just because we don't have a social club or legends or whatever, dosen't mean were not as important, every $ helps the club. Those ppl that pay at the gate every game and can afford a membership I urge you to buy one, so the money goes to our great club.
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 3:23 pm

Well said dude. I'm with you 100%. Nothing pisses me off more than ppl whinging about not getting full value out of their membership and them being a waste of money Evil or Very Mad

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 4:26 pm

Just being a member of the Collingwood Football Club IS full value for money!
If ever I need/want to purchase any Collingwood merchandise, i buy it from the club because the money goes back to the club. No point buying it from KMart coz that money just goes back on their profits and the same in buying it from AFL Stores. So, when your at a game and you want to purchase any new merchandise, look for the 'Official' Collingwood stand, not the AFL one that sells stuff for both teams, but the only one that sells just Collingwood. Everything goes back to the Club.
MAGPIRA 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 6:40 pm

Exactly Proud Pies......which is also why I choose to be a CFC Legends Member as opposed to an AFL Collingwood supporter member, cause the majority of the money goes to the club.
Rohan 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 6:44 pm

Crikeys.

People buy memberships and are motivated for different reasons. Yes everyone loves their club but to me you don't get value out of some packages by the CFC.

I've been a Collingwood support full AFl member since it came in. The main reason is I never have hassles getting into a final or grand final and it has a few advantages over club based memberships in that I can watch other games.

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 6:46 pm

i don't want to watch other games, just the pies!
MAGPIRA 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 6:55 pm

Crikey's Ro!

LOL! Nah...I am only interested in Pies games to actually go to physically........besides watching other games & finals is what God created FOXTEL for Wink
Rohan 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 7:00 pm

Crikeys Darls!

But God didn't create Foxtel to show copious amount of boring re runs of "My Boyfriend/Husband Is a Footballer", Fremantle V Sydney and "Let's Yawn, Bobby Davis and Grumpy Old Men" (Melissa goes alright though!).

Lorelei Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 7:17 pm

Oh golly I know this is off topic but I bet we are all going to have of videos on timer for the Fox Footy special 'One Day in November' - the wedding of Lisa Caparello and her knight, Matty Lloyd.

Bless them.

Jen

**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**

Floreat Pica
Rohan 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 7:21 pm

Even worse the Wedding was at Xavier. I think I would rather sit through Matthew Campbell's career highlights than that!

MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 7:23 pm

Matthew Campbell the commentator or Wayne Campbell the footballer?

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
dimo 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 3:44 pm

Because it's the BEST Footy club in the WORLD

Go pies..
CAAS 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 4:17 pm

i buy my membership because the money goes to the club and I'd rather the club get my money than pay at the gae and watch the other team profit from it. I also bought a membership last year then took off overseas for a few months.
we are the loyalist, football supporters
the world has ever had.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: