Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#25 Jack Crisp

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:42 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

AN_Inkling wrote:
I'm convinced now that we actually wanted this kid. Tackling and pressure is his greatest asset, so expect him to be a regular part of our best 22.

You might be right inky. He seems to fit the bill in terms of the exact type of player we've all been after - a strong bodied, tall, hard running midfielder who is also a tackling machine. I reckon there was a lot of smoke and mirrors during the trade negotiations, but ultimately we got what we wanted. If we manage to draft someone like Laverde with our pick 5, alongside the emerging Freeman and possibly even Scharenberg, we may well have secured our midfield needs for the next 5-7 years.
Az 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:31 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
I'm convinced now that we actually wanted this kid. Tackling and pressure is his greatest asset, so expect him to be a regular part of our best 22.

Who would have thought when the Pies were really driving the Redden deal home that who we actually wanted was Jack Crisp? They sure fooled me!
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:04 pm

Az wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

Who would have thought when the Pies were really driving the Redden deal home that who we actually wanted was Jack Crisp? They sure fooled me!

Of Course we wanted Aish and Redden but once we knew that was never going to happen the saw Crisp as someone they could add to the Trade that they have been keeping an eye on

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:22 pm

Presti35 wrote:
I say we draft Jack Cripps next month to really confuse things.

Quote:
Jack Cripps

Position: Key forward/ruckman
Height: 198 cm, Weight: 85 kg, DOB: 20/01/1996
Club: East Fremantle
Projected draft range: 20-50
Plays like: Drew Petrie

Razz

I Agree. Can we call one of them Colvan?

Az 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:07 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Az wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

Of Course we wanted Aish and Redden but once we knew that was never going to happen the saw Crisp as someone they could add to the Trade that they have been keeping an eye on

Actually, once we knew they were never going to cough up the players we wanted, we asked for pick 21 along with pick 5 and still got knocked back. Only then did we accept Crisp. Not knocking the kid, I am happy he has found his way to the pies but my point is he was very low on our agenda in terms of compensation.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:35 pm

Az wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Az wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

Actually, once we knew they were never going to cough up the players we wanted, we asked for pick 21 along with pick 5 and still got knocked back. Only then did we accept Crisp. Not knocking the kid, I am happy he has found his way to the pies but my point is he was very low on our agenda in terms of compensation.

Pick 21 was commited to getting Christian from Geelong so that Boat had Floated

MOTR 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:47 pm

jackcass wrote:
Anyone got access to his Phantom draft profiles from that year?

Snoop Dog's Phantom Draft. and Rookie Phantom Draft

Quote:
# 71 Fremantle - Jack Crisp (Murray Bushrangers / 189 / 81 / 93)

Has terrific size and athletic credentials strikes me as a player who could potentially play a few different roles but probably best suited to a wing. Knows how to position himself and accumulates a fair bit of it. Is quick and will run offensively and defensively. Would be a difficult match up and can certainly hurt on the scoreboard. I think he was one of the highest tacklers in the TAC comp so got a penchant for the 1% ‘ers as well. Not dissimilar to Haynes in many ways and shows the evenness of the draft and could well see him selected. Massive chance to go as early as 40 would think.
AFL Comparison – Chris Mayne

Quote:
# 3 Port - Jack Crisp (Murray Bushrangers / 189cm / 81kg / ‘93)

Has terrific size and athletic credentials strikes me as a player who could potentially play a few different roles but probably best suited to a wing. Knows how to position himself and accumulates a fair bit of it. Is quick and will run offensively and defensively. Would be a difficult match up and can certainly hurt on the scoreboard. I think he was one of the highest tacklers in the TAC comp so got a penchant for the 1% ‘ers as well. I had him going as early as 40-50 in the National draft and think he is one who could well go on and make a pretty good impression.

Knightmare's Phantom Draft

Quote:
#44 Carlton – Jack Crisp (VIC – Def/Util)
Height: 189cm, Weight: 81kg, DOB: 02/10/1993
Recruited from: Murray Bushrangers
Style:
Player comparison: Tyson Goldsack
Range: 35-rookie
Profile: Another of these really nice medium size types. Gives super tackling efforts and consistantly gives those 2nd and 3rd efforts. Has nice pace. Really good reader of the play. Has a strong 55m kick on him. Could probably work on his marking and take those grabs more consistently but isn’t a bad prospect. Also can sometimes look pressured with the ball and I do have questions over his decision making, but with a bit of luck that develops.

Quigley's Phantom Draft.

Quote:
Jack Crisp DOB 2/9/93 Ht 190 Wt 83

Crisp is a lanky wing / HFFer who has one stand out feature which stands a good chance of getting him drafted and that is his tackling. In the TAC this year he averaged 7 tackles per game to lead the way in this category. He started from a long way back this year even at club level but through hard work he has really made a name for himself. Champion Data have developed a new stat for the coaches called pressure acts and they started taking it this year although the results have not been widely distributed. The Herald Sun reported that Crisp led the way in this stat category at the Champs with 15 pressure acts per match. Crisp basically gets out there and works his butt off defensively and makes things happen.

He makes tackles as noted and has a nice burst of pace that he uses to close down players. Often it will be guys who time quite a bit quicker than him. He is very good at wrap around tackles and he regularly makes a play on the ball and forces a spillage. In addition to his tackling he also positions himself well in passing lanes where he can disrupt handballs and with his height he is hard to get over. He reacts very quickly in these types of situations and makes good plays on balls that are in his area.

In other aspects of the game he is probably only average. He plays mostly outside but tends to win most of his possessions in contested situations. In the TAC for instance he averaged 19 possessions a game of which 11 were contested. For a predominantly outside player that ratio is not good. He does not get open enough to enable his teammates to make easy use of him going forward. He is a nice mover and there is no reason why he shouldn't get more of it when you consider that he has pretty reasonable endurance. I think it’s probably just a factor of him concentrating more on the defensive aspects of his game and not working as hard the other way to get open. It’s a bit of the opposite to most of the kids in his age group.

For an outside player he has pretty quick hands and can gather and get rid of it very quickly. His kicking can be a little hit and miss. He is a left footer who one minute can rip out a nice flat bullet and the next miss a target by a fair margin. His kicking style is a little disjointed but his kicking has improved a fair bit over the year and he is starting to get more of the good kicks in his game and less of the bad. His goal kicking can be a little hit and miss as well and often strikes the ball at varying heights in the drop which contributes to the inconsistency.

I think he might start his AFL career as a HFFer where his chase and tackle skills can help in his team's forward press. As far as going for goal goes he is a good mark and would be difficult to contain for an opposition HBFer. He has good height for the position and finished in the top 10 in the running jump at Combine. He is great at floating in front of contests and takes marks at full extension making him difficult to spoil. Speaking of the Combine I thought he would have tested better for pace given he plays with a really nice burst of pace. There was no evidence of that burst in the 20m sprint and although his repeat sprints were a fair bit better they were not what I expected. He did test well for endurance though although that will still need to improve a bit for AFL purposes.

I think his results might be a bit like the speed results of Sidebottom who tested appallingly for speed but plays like he has plenty in game situations. Crisp similarly plays with good pace and has a nice swerve to complement his smooth running style. I think Crisp presents as something different for teams and he would be a good chance of being picked up.

MOTR 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:30 pm

Plenty more here, for those who are interested.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/jack-crisp.897177/

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:53 am

I have a gut feeling this kid could be a real surprise packet, ala Nick Maxwell, who got delisted by Norf, then came to us, and, well, you all know how far Maxy went, and what a great player he was.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:53 am

I have a gut feeling this kid could be a real surprise packet, ala Nick Maxwell, who got delisted by Norf, then came to us, and, well, you all know how far Maxy went, and what a great player he was.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:56 am

Cool. I have a great .
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:31 am

MOTR wrote:
jackcass wrote:

Here's an interesting preview.

http://www.news.com.au/video/id-c0Yjg0NTrkxhYZAELjmuwsB4PTZCLMeT/2011-Draft-Pick-Jack-Crisp

Thanks MOTR
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:32 am

swoop42 wrote:
jackcass wrote:

No.

But these might help.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/everybody-wants-to-know-bushranger-jack/story-e6freck3-1226191970536?nk=23a87c28fe1afec69ae9ee72fa125a7d

http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/67030/jack-crisp-joins-inspiration-at-lions/

Thanks Swoop
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:35 am

Az wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Az wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

Actually we knocked back the 5 & 25 and the 5 & 21 offers, they knocked back our suggested 5, 21 & 25 offer. Essentially means we were happy to take Crisp instead of pick 21.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:44 am

MOTR wrote:
jackcass wrote:

Snoop Dog's Phantom Draft. and Rookie Phantom Draft

Thanks MOTR. Seems a likely type, prepared to do the work to improve his game. Inconsistency with kicking seems the only knock on him but even that seems to be on the improve. Another Goldsack type with more offensive impact.

Last edited by jackcass on Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 5 of 43   

Jump to: