Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#25 Jack Crisp

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:21 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Crisp runs hard both ways, likes it in close, is a good size and gives off a fair handball. He isnt slow and he is a good trainer. If he could kick as well, he wouldnt have been on the table. He is still young. The premise would be that he will improve in their development program and be a much better player in 2/3 years time when he is in his mid twenties and our window is open once again.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:49 pm

I think from memory there are over 20 players on the list that have less than 50 games, including some you'd expect to be among our "best 22". Players like Langdon, Broomhead, Kennedy, Witts, Grundy, Frost, Williams, Seedsman, Sinclair, Keeffe, and Adams. So in reality this thread applies equally to those guys, difference perhaps being that Crisp is more of an unknown. We need all these guys to start staking claims in the best 22 if we're to climb back up the ladder. Throw in the unexpected boom 1st year for 1-2 of the new draftees and we'll start to resemble a contender again.

Should add that I'm extremely bullish about our chances in 2015, at a minimum will be 1 hell of a ride,
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:39 pm

jackcass wrote:
I think from memory there are over 20 players on the list that have less than 50 games, including some you'd expect to be among our "best 22". Players like Langdon, Broomhead, Kennedy, Witts, Grundy, Frost, Williams, Seedsman, Sinclair, Keeffe, and Adams. So in reality this thread applies equally to those guys, difference perhaps being that Crisp is more of an unknown. We need all these guys to start staking claims in the best 22 if we're to climb back up the ladder. Throw in the unexpected boom 1st year for 1-2 of the new draftees and we'll start to resemble a contender again.

Should add that I'm extremely bullish about our chances in 2015, at a minimum will be 1 hell of a ride,

1. Ben Sinclair - 44
2. Taylor Adams - 43
3. Lachlan Keefe - 40
4. Marley Williams - 37
5. Paul Seedsman - 37
6. Sam Dwyer - 34
7. Tony Armstrong - 34
8. Josh Thomas - 32
9. Jarryd Witts - 27
10. Jack Frost - 24
11. Brodie Grundy - 22
12. Patrick Karnezis - 21
13. Ben Kennedy - 20
14. Tom Langdon - 19
15. Jack Crisp - 18
16. Tim Broomhead - 8
17. Jackson Ramsay - 2
18. Adam Oxley - 2
19. Corey Gault - 1
20. Matthew Scharenberg - 0
21. Nathan Freeman - 0
22. Jonathan Marsh - 0
23. Jordan De Goey - 0
24. Darcy Moore - 0
25. Brendan Maynard - 0
26. Matthew Goodyear - 0
27. Michael Manteit - 0
28. Brendan Abbott - 0
29. Mason Cox - 0

26 players in the main squad have played less than 50 games of senior football plus three rookie players in Manteit, Abbott and Cox which makes it 29 players. In total, we have 45 players on our list consisting of the main squad and rookie list.

It's an inexperienced list without question hence it makes sense that we've included experienced heads like Varcoe and Greenwood onto the list. The future looks very bright but I don't think we're ready to make drastic steps within the next 12 months in terms of improving our ladder position but I'd love to be proven wrong however.

Stinger 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:18 pm

^^great post^^
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:55 pm

jackcass wrote:

I must admit that for once you are far more optimistic than me Daz. I think we will take a fair while to settle down into this season with a reasonably newish team and the players taking a bit of time to learn the game plan and other footy processes involved. By the time we make a (2014 Richmond like) comeback, we will just fall short of making the finals. I see us finishing somewhere between 9 - 12 in 2015.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:48 pm

Lazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:

I must admit that for once you are far more optimistic than me Daz. I think we will take a fair while to settle down into this season with a reasonably newish team and the players taking a bit of time to learn the game plan and other footy processes involved. By the time we make a (2014 Richmond like) comeback, we will just fall short of making the finals. I see us finishing somewhere between 9 - 12 in 2015.

Ye have little faith Lazza. We will finish 4-6 this year. Lock it in. Cool
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:02 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Lazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:

Ye have little faith Lazza. We will finish 4-6 this year. Lock it in. Cool

I suppose it’s always better to hope for the best instead of expecting the worst!! But this young team has so much to bloody learn and put into regular practice.
Trying to REALISTICALLY work out where Collingwood will finish is doing my head in... Rolling Eyes

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:49 am

Lazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:

I'm always more optimistic than you Laz, sometimes just not as confident but that's more specific to a game rather than the season as a whole, 5-8 for me.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:53 am

Jezza wrote:
jackcass wrote:

1. Ben Sinclair - 44
2. Taylor Adams - 43
3. Lachlan Keefe - 40
4. Marley Williams - 37
5. Paul Seedsman - 37
6. Sam Dwyer - 34
7. Tony Armstrong - 34
8. Josh Thomas - 32
9. Jarryd Witts - 27
10. Jack Frost - 24
11. Brodie Grundy - 22
13. Ben Kennedy - 20
14. Tom Langdon - 19
15. Jack Crisp - 18
16. Tim Broomhead - 8
17. Jackson Ramsay - 2
18. Adam Oxley - 2
19. Corey Gault - 1
21. Nathan Freeman - 0
22. Jonathan Marsh - 0
23. Jordan De Goey - 0
24. Darcy Moore - 0
25. Brendan Maynard - 0
26. Matthew Goodyear - 0
27. Michael Manteit - 0
28. Brendan Abbott - 0
29. Mason Cox - 0

26 players in the main squad have played less than 50 games of senior football plus three rookie players in Manteit, Abbott and Cox which makes it 29 players. In total, we have 45 players on our list consisting of the main squad and rookie list.

It's an inexperienced list without question hence it makes sense that we've included experienced heads like Varcoe and Greenwood onto the list. The future looks very bright but I don't think we're ready to make drastic steps within the next 12 months in terms of improving our ladder position but I'd love to be proven wrong however.

Yep, my point exactly other than I'm more optimistic about our chances in 2015. People seem to forget our performances early in 2014 and be swayed by the 2nd half of the season. Yes, we've lost some senior experience, but I think we've got the personal to cover them. Thanks for taking the time to list the players, summer lazy Laughing
E 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:36 pm

Jezza wrote:
jackcass wrote:

1. Ben Sinclair - 44
2. Taylor Adams - 43
3. Lachlan Keefe - 40
4. Marley Williams - 37
5. Paul Seedsman - 37
6. Sam Dwyer - 34
7. Tony Armstrong - 34
8. Josh Thomas - 32
9. Jarryd Witts - 27
10. Jack Frost - 24
11. Brodie Grundy - 22
13. Ben Kennedy - 20
14. Tom Langdon - 19
15. Jack Crisp - 18
16. Tim Broomhead - 8
17. Jackson Ramsay - 2
18. Adam Oxley - 2
19. Corey Gault - 1
21. Nathan Freeman - 0
22. Jonathan Marsh - 0
23. Jordan De Goey - 0
24. Darcy Moore - 0
25. Brendan Maynard - 0
26. Matthew Goodyear - 0
27. Michael Manteit - 0
28. Brendan Abbott - 0
29. Mason Cox - 0

is this list comparable to the list that had young players like Lonie, wild, Godden, etc., from the Unshaw years? could be. hope its not.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:05 pm

^ Not sure E! I might have to do some research and find out if I can.

jackcass wrote:
Jezza wrote:
jackcass wrote:

1. Ben Sinclair - 44
2. Taylor Adams - 43
3. Lachlan Keefe - 40
4. Marley Williams - 37
5. Paul Seedsman - 37
6. Sam Dwyer - 34
7. Tony Armstrong - 34
8. Josh Thomas - 32
9. Jarryd Witts - 27
10. Jack Frost - 24
11. Brodie Grundy - 22
13. Ben Kennedy - 20
14. Tom Langdon - 19
15. Jack Crisp - 18
16. Tim Broomhead - 8
17. Jackson Ramsay - 2
18. Adam Oxley - 2
19. Corey Gault - 1
21. Nathan Freeman - 0
22. Jonathan Marsh - 0
23. Jordan De Goey - 0
24. Darcy Moore - 0
25. Brendan Maynard - 0
26. Matthew Goodyear - 0
27. Michael Manteit - 0
28. Brendan Abbott - 0
29. Mason Cox - 0

Yep, my point exactly other than I'm more optimistic about our chances in 2015. People seem to forget our performances early in 2014 and be swayed by the 2nd half of the season. Yes, we've lost some senior experience, but I think we've got the personal to cover them. Thanks for taking the time to list the players, summer lazy Laughing

No doubt we had a great first half of the year last year but our second half of the year was poor for various reasons such as injuries, fatigue from having a young team and being found out through our game plan.

We caught a lot of sides off-guard in the first half of the year but the reasons I listed above are the causes for our decline in my opinion. The second half of the year was very disheartening to watch and I just hope we don't see a continuation of it heading into this season.

I'm cautiously optimistic that the boys will do us proud but I just don't have the same confidence as you sadly but I love your optimism though and I hope we surprise a lot of sides again. Most neutrals I've spoken to say we'll struggle this year so we'll have a lot to be motivated by if we aren't motivated already as a team.

Cleomenes 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:26 pm

Nearly half of that list will be around or over the 50 game mark at the end of the year (assuming they get games). Looks a lot more promising from there.
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:36 pm

Jezza wrote:
^ Not sure E! I might have to do some research and find out if I can.

jackcass wrote:
Jezza wrote:
jackcass wrote:

1. Ben Sinclair - 44
2. Taylor Adams - 43
3. Lachlan Keefe - 40
4. Marley Williams - 37
5. Paul Seedsman - 37
6. Sam Dwyer - 34
7. Tony Armstrong - 34
8. Josh Thomas - 32
9. Jarryd Witts - 27
10. Jack Frost - 24
11. Brodie Grundy - 22
13. Ben Kennedy - 20
14. Tom Langdon - 19
15. Jack Crisp - 18
16. Tim Broomhead - 8
17. Jackson Ramsay - 2
18. Adam Oxley - 2
19. Corey Gault - 1
21. Nathan Freeman - 0
22. Jonathan Marsh - 0
23. Jordan De Goey - 0
24. Darcy Moore - 0
25. Brendan Maynard - 0
26. Matthew Goodyear - 0
27. Michael Manteit - 0
28. Brendan Abbott - 0
29. Mason Cox - 0

No doubt we had a great first half of the year last year but our second half of the year was poor for various reasons such as injuries, fatigue from having a young team and being found out through our game plan.

We caught a lot of sides off-guard in the first half of the year but the reasons I listed above are the causes for our decline in my opinion. The second half of the year was very disheartening to watch and I just hope we don't see a continuation of it heading into this season.

I'm cautiously optimistic that the boys will do us proud but I just don't have the same confidence as you sadly but I love your optimism though and I hope we surprise a lot of sides again. Most neutrals I've spoken to say we'll struggle this year so we'll have a lot to be motivated by if we aren't motivated already as a team.

Given that our draw is slightly friendlier this year I reckon there's really good reason to be optimistic - albeit no reason to go over the top given how elite the f'n Hawks and the like are.

The fact that a lot of those players will get above 50 games by year's end suggests our stamina should be much better and as Davron has mentioned numerous times our fitness levels are now 12 months advanced from the realisation that we were still training for a different time of game.

It all bodes well but we'll just have to wait and see.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:58 pm
Post subject: Good debut from CrispReply with quote

He gave it his all and attacked the ball well. Has good Speed and His Kicking is not as bad as Sad.

Also give the Midfield some more height

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:53 pm
Post subject: Re: Good Debut from CrispReply with quote

He provides some much needed midfield grunt as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 9 of 43   

Jump to: