Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#25 Jack Crisp

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember him against Crows...was only decent player for them on the end of a 100 point drubbing.

Voss was pretty excited to pick him up, but the Clayton's Coach didn't see much in him.

We shall see, only 21 a lot of upside.

Jock McHale
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:52 am
Post subject: Jack CrispReply with quote

Posted seom pretty good numbers for the Lions in the last 6 or 7 games and also noticed he was awarded the BOG medal in the NEAFL grand final... Good signs that he likes the big stage which is what he'll get each week at the Pies.

Really excited to see how the kid goes... He's only 21!

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:35 pm

Me too !! I cant wait to see the whole lot of young guns wearing the worlds greatest jumper
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:39 pm

He is a Type of player we need. A tall Midfielder.

Moves really well but his Kicking needs to be Tided Up

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:46 pm

My hope is yes Crisp and the young draftee group all get the drive to be in our best 22
But would like some exsisting young ones to take a step --like Alex Fasolo and given
injury plus moved all over the shop in 14 he did not get continuity so his time might be
just around the corner

droversdog65 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:24 pm

I think Faz has the tools - he certainly has the confidence, as you say plonk him down in the one spot and give him license to create.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:24 pm

droversdog65 wrote:
I think Faz has the tools - he certainly has the confidence, as you say plonk him down in the one spot and give him license to create.

Play him Forward and not Back

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:00 pm

Crisp is an unknown player for me in the sense of that he could produce anything. If his last six games with Brisbane are anything to go by there's definitely plenty to work with there and we could easily development him into a valuable contributor for the side. The upside is he's a tall player and could play both half forward and half-back if need be.

My Brisbane Lions supporting friend reckons Crisp is quite a composed player and plays well off half-back but he does have the tendency to panic when entering forward 50 with the ball and spotting a target. That's an area of his game that he will need to improve according to my mate.

Anyway Crisp might be a surprisingly good addition to the squad and it'll be interesting to see how he's utilised in the NAB Cup games but I don't expect him to play in round 1 unless he stars in the NAB Cup and he's too good to overlook for the first game against his former club.

themonk 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:46 pm

Steak knives, however last time we said that it turned out to be a lot more (Medhurst).

Fingers crossed
Stinger 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:52 am

Jezza wrote:

My Brisbane Lions supporting friend reckons Crisp is quite a composed player and plays well off half-back but he does have the tendency to panic when entering forward 50 with the ball and spotting a target. That's an area of his game that he will need to improve according to my mate.

Who could blame him...they don't have much to kick to down there.

As long as he masters the long bomb to the top of the goal square over the summer, he doesn't need much more than that in his arsenal.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:22 am

Stinger wrote:
Jezza wrote:

Who could blame him...they don't have much to kick to down there.

As long as he masters the long bomb to the top of the goal square over the summer, he doesn't need much more than that in his arsenal.

Gotta agree, that comment doesn't fill me with confidence. We need to change the mindset of 'if in doubt, bang it long to Cloke'. We had a number of passages' throughout last year where we ran it forward with the loose player (assumedly the loose player was created by the Cloke 2 on 1). Until we can make that a constant goal scoring play, Cloke will continued to get double-teamed, and the long bomb will be playing into the oppositions hands

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:56 am

Crisp is perfect Collingwood material and will play 200 for us, at least that's what I'm hearing. My #1 source pretty much says it's a certainty as Crisp has the one thing every single true Collingwood player must have:

Jezza wrote:
Crisp is quite a composed player and plays well off half-back but he does have the tendency to panic when entering forward 50 with the ball and spotting a target.

Clearly destined for a long career with us.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:29 am

Crisp has that wonderful Collingwood ability to hit a player on the chest 50 meters away. The fact that the player marking the ball on their chest more is not wearing a Collingwood Guernsey is something he is working on. Should fit right in Wink

However, who knows. He did really well in those last few games & I hope he takes his opportunity & does really well for us.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:27 am

Adding to bombing it long as a forward thrust we should evaluate Travs situ so if
the have two defenders on him have a plan B and score without Trav involved
Do that several times for bags of goals then see how long opposition persist with
2 on 1 routine

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:34 am

There was a Roy Crisp playing in black and white wae back in 1910.
Anyone know if they are related?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 8 of 43   

Jump to: