Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Crows having a real Bitch

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magpiefanatic 

Aged Pensioner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 1:19 am
Post subject: Crows having a real BitchReply with quote

Well aren't the Crows having a nice old whinge about the Granny being played in Melbourne. It's about time the AFL realised we are THE ARMY - the biggest drawing club in any code of football in the country.

Gee I didn't think it was such a HUGE trip to Darwin, must be all of 3 hours the way the crow flies. No Pun intended ...hahahaha
TRELOS 

TRELOS

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 11:33 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

i loved Eddies reply to them "They dont deserve it" and his rite..if they can only pull 17,000 to a Wiz Cup semi final thats dissapointing were we will get atleast 35,000 people there
Madpies_Fan Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 1:25 pm

Absolutely! I am fed up with Adelaide and their supporters.. It will be nice to give them a send off like with the prelim. last year. How fun was that? They complain more than any interstate team about travel and the AFL and anything else they can think off. Even if the GF was played over there, they would find something else to complain about. How about Adelaide just don't play AFL at all and then they won't have to feel so hard done by every week.
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 1:26 pm

I recon if they cant handle the travel,then why are they in the competition?????
Madpies_Fan Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 1:57 pm

Exactly PeterWH - the same thing I've been saying for ages. Travel is a part of football when you play it as a national game, they like to use it as an excuse.
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 4:19 pm

i must be the only one who thought adelaide's case to stage the GF was reasonable. i was VERY surprised the afl made the crows travel again. not that im complaining of course and i would probably feel different if i lived in melbourne and it would have meant missing the game.
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 9:16 pm

im sure all of you would be having the worlds biggest whinge if it WAS being played in adelaide.

well one team had to miss out and it just happened to be them, so of course we are happy but i think its fair enough that theyre whinging, after all if the situation were reversed we would all be whinging.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 9:29 pm

35000 members they bleat about turning up to the night pretend GF and half of them won't go to a game. They are not worthy.

Pies supporters go to any game they can.
Madpies_Fan Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 11:21 pm

I actually thought too, that the AFL would say to play it there. Looks like the pies were quite happy to go too, tho your right we wouldn't of liked it, and would of done our fair share of complaints, I don't mind admitting that. However, I think Adelaide could beat anyone in the complaints department. Whatever the AFL decided there will always be someone unhappy. I like Williams suggestion to announce a venue where the pre GF will be played all the time, like with the proper GF, could be an idea, tho that could cause probs too.
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 11:41 pm

I may be wrong, and as much as I've read so far I may in a minority, BUT.....if Collingwood went to Adelaide next week to play in the GF, we'd have to play the Crow's at their home ground. As much as it's in Melbourne, Telstra Dome is NOT our home ground.

Neutral territory I reckon. That can only be a good thing, right? Smile
creedymagpie Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 12:01 am

Im with you Ramjet i thought they had a good case, but its the luck of the draw, im sure if Brisbane beat Geelong we would have played at the Gabba on Saturday, but it didnt happen!

Its just the luck of the draw, its not Collingwoods fault we have played all melbourne sides so far!

Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 12:18 am
Post subject: The Crows ... the Kings Of WhingeReply with quote

I think it's pretty obvious that the AFL reckons we are certainties to win, wherever it's played. And they figured it would be a better spectacle to have Buckley lift The Cup in front of a pro-Collingwood crowd.

And I agree with them.

I can understand the Crows whingeing. I'm a South Australian after all and it's a very South Australian thing to whinge about football ... especially when a VICTORIAN team appears to get favourable treatment. The fact that it's Collingwood makes it even harder for them to swallow.

It's very much a part of the Adelaide Football Club's tradition to whinge. They've been doing it better than anyone since 1991.

They've got a strong case, of course. They've been well and truly shafted ... BUT if the match had been played in Adelaide it would have been just as big an injustice against us.

Someone had to get shafted ... It was impossible to avoid.

... but the fact that it was the Crows who got the wrong end of it just makes it all the funnier.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ...

Kill 'em, Pies .... Just bloody kill 'em ... Give 'em something to REALLY grizzle about.
stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 1:49 pm

It's all about money.(To the AFL)

After all, if it were played in Adelaide they wouldn't get the same crowd as they will get at Telstra Dome with the majority of Pies supporters living in Melbourne (even though I'm sure many of them would travel over there.)

Didn't they only get 30,000 to the Qualifying Final against Port Adelaide last year? And that was the REAL finals. Apparently the SA fans were too busy whinging about the price to get in or some crap.

While we may whinge about the Telstra Dome prices we will still be there in force to support the Mighty Pies!
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 3:07 pm

yer lets have it at the one place every year, THE G! haha
swooper_101 Libra

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 9:42 pm

I'm not sure if someone has posted this yet but In the USA you have Ice hockey, grid iron and basketball. Now most of the time they have to travel EVERY 3 days or their abouts anyways and lets face it those sports require alot of physical contact and physical effort ie. running hitting. Can you imagne going away every 3 days playing an hour and a half then travel again then do the same routine over and over again for about 4 months and here we have the crows crying over the fact that they have to travel a few hours and they have a WEEKS rest well offcourse their is training but still I would rather much have the week then 3 days what about you?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: