Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Who's Coming and Who's is Going? Trades,Delistings,Contracts

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 49, 50, 51  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:05 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
The Average Tourist wrote:
We have two upgrades being Checkers and Noble which I think can be used on our last two picks.

So I expect and unlike many know nothing but your would think there will be 6 changes so we have identified 3 so three more to go

Which given we have
Varcoe
Dunn
Reid

Crocker
Broomie
Lynch
Apples

The last 4 are all due with the last 3 all rookies (like Murray) and effectively do not open a place on the list

My understanding is that we need a minimum of 3 full list selections but if Checkers & Noble that would leave 1 selection.

But maybe Noble can be rookied

Anyone with full understanding of this?

Mihocek's needs upgrading but Noble is a full fledged Senior listed player.

Not according to the club website https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/pies-teams/afl/rookies

Might sound odd but I back the team at Footywire ahead of our own website team every day of the week:

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/tp-collingwood-magpies

derkd 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:55 am

Dark Beanie wrote:
slangman wrote:
Sier is gone.

From what I’ve heard, he “checked out” mid year.
Personality clash with someone who’s not
About to leave anytime soon.

The club persisted with him in the hope that he would decide that footy was his priority.

If it isn't, fair enough. See you later 'Phil Inn' and bring in someone who wants to do the hard yards.

agree, his attitude has never been right. (with regards to Sier)

To be honest and i hate to say it because he is a great player and he has done such hard work. But if we want to free cap space and get back into the early part of the Draft Jamie Elliott is the player we can cover on field (Stephenson, DeGoey and W.H.E) all play that type of role.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:51 pm

inxs88 wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
inxs88 wrote:

Mihocek's needs upgrading but Noble is a full fledged Senior listed player.

Not according to the club website https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/pies-teams/afl/rookies

Might sound odd but I back the team at Footywire ahead of our own website team every day of the week:

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/tp-collingwood-magpies

maybe, but it is the mid season rookie draft and he was picked up as a rookie.

Quote:
The Pies have created a place for Noble on their rookie list by placing veteran defender Lynden Dunn (knee) on their inactive list, while Daniel Wells has moved to the long-term injury list after injuring his knee in the win over the Sydney Swans on Friday night.

https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2019-05-27/pies-make-noble-choice

Now, we may have done some fancy footwork and dropped Magden back and elevated Noble, but we'd still need to do a contract and paperwork to move him to our primary list permanently for next season.

SteveH67 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:00 pm

I'd keep Jamie Elliott and trade WHE.

He has been too inconsistent in his performances since arriving from the Giants.

SteveH67 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:01 pm

I'd keep Jamie Elliott and trade WHE.

He has been too inconsistent in his performances since arriving from the Giants.

gobbles21 Virgo

It is what it is...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:47 pm

derkd wrote:

if we want to free cap space and get back into the early part of the Draft Jamie Elliott is the player we can cover on field (Stephenson, DeGoey and W.H.E) all play that type of role.

Elliot is an unrestricted free agent. If he leaves he leaves. There is no trading him or “getting into the early part of the draft” by letting him go.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:52 pm

gobbles21 wrote:
derkd wrote:

if we want to free cap space and get back into the early part of the Draft Jamie Elliott is the player we can cover on field (Stephenson, DeGoey and W.H.E) all play that type of role.

Elliot is an unrestricted free agent. If he leaves he leaves. There is no trading him or “getting into the early part of the draft” by letting him go.

Except, we would get a draft pick from the AFL as compensation, determined by the size of the contract he accepts. So, it could well get us an early draft pick.
gobbles21 Virgo

It is what it is...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:12 am

RudeBoy wrote:
gobbles21 wrote:
derkd wrote:

Except, we would get a draft pick from the AFL as compensation, determined by the size of the contract he accepts. So, it could well get us an early draft pick.

Considering he’d likely get between $5-600k for no more than 3 years, that would be an end of second round pick (after our current 2nd round currently pick 34) - Harldy the “early part of the draft”

The contract would need to be close to the $900-k-$1m mark over at least 4 years to command a first round selection. Let’s not forget it would also disappear entirely if we were to then sign any free agent.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:39 am

Thanks for that info gobbles. I had no idea how it works. In that case, we should definitely go all out to keep him.
K 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:52 pm

Not quite on topic, but...

The draft is Wed. Nov. 27 & Thu. Nov 28.
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:54 pm

If what gobbles said is true then I would change my mind to keeping Elliott instead of trading him.

With the limited info I have on Grundy I heard that Grundy will also become a free agent at end of next year.

Could some one please clarify the Grundy situation ?

So if he is tradeable now and we can get 2 or 3 x high draft picks now instead of just 1x AFL compensation pick next year..... I know what I would be doing.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:19 pm

magpieazza wrote:
If what gobbles said is true then I would change my mind to keeping Elliott instead of trading him.

With the limited info I have on Grundy I heard that Grundy will also become a free agent at end of next year.

Could some one please clarify the Grundy situation ?

So if he is tradeable now and we can get 2 or 3 x high draft picks now instead of just 1x AFL compensation pick next year..... I know what I would be doing.

Yes. Depending on our ladder position next year and IF he took a multi million dollar offer from a SA club in 2021, we would only receive a probable first round pick immediately after our official 1st round pick and post any compensatory picks that land prior to ours.

Also, Dwayne "Sponsors" Russell opined on 3AW tonight that he believed the HAWKS shall secure Elliott. Dwayne (whose contribution to nightly commentary is only spewing out sponsors/advertiser names every 90 seconds, hello:

* Toyota
* KIA
* McDonalds
* KFC
* DeBortoli etc....)

seemed to have that ROBBO "take it to the bank confidence". Hopefully he is as clueless as other "Callers whom fake that they're hard core journos" such as Carey, Maher, Huddo etc..."

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:23 pm

K wrote:
Not quite on topic, but...

The draft is Wed. Nov. 27 & Thu. Nov 28.

jeezusfookinchrist what do we do til then??

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:30 pm

Join a Dodgeball team.

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
inxs88 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:45 pm

So Dougal Howard from Port is the latest rumour from silly season. Apparently a frustrated backman forced to play forward later in the season. Time shall tell on this one but we need key forwards not backs despite Roughead turning 29 soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 3 of 51   

Jump to: