Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Who's Coming and Who's is Going? Trades,Delistings,Contracts

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 49, 50, 51  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
Sorry to interrupt the travelogue but does anyone have an opinion on the Varcoe decision?

I'm happy with it.

The list is very well rounded and we had little room to bring in someone from another club. And who was gettable anyway?

1 year deal. It's right. We'll have a few older players coming off contract next year, which helps us keep Moore, JDG and Grundy.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:28 pm

Presti35 wrote:
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
Sorry to interrupt the travelogue but does anyone have an opinion on the Varcoe decision?

I'm happy with it.

The list is very well rounded and we had little room to bring in someone from another club. And who was gettable anyway?

1 year deal. It's right. We'll have a few older players coming off contract next year, which helps us keep Moore, JDG and Grundy.

A fit Varcoe is an important cog in Collingwood’s wheel. To continue the metaphor, he is one of the necessary and important 22 spokes that keeps our team moving. Indeed he’s an important link in the chain.

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:10 pm

Presti35 wrote:
We'll have a few older players coming off contract next year, which helps us keep Moore, JDG and Grundy.

That’s what some people were saying about this year

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:14 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Presti35 wrote:
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:

I'm happy with it.

A fit Varcoe is an important cog in Collingwood’s wheel. To continue the metaphor, he is one of the necessary and important 22 spokes that keeps our team moving. Indeed he’s an important link in the chain.

I'd like to see parallels to 2010 when players like Varcoe were superseded by young talent who went on to win the flag.

If Varcs remains in our best 22 by the end of the year, that suggests our list management hasn't been as successful as it should be.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:58 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Presti35 wrote:
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:

I'm happy with it.

I'd like to see parallels to 2010 when players like Varcoe were superseded by young talent who went on to win the flag.

If Varcs remains in our best 22 by the end of the year, that suggests our list management hasn't been as successful as it should be.

I see where you're coming from but he still has a fair bit to contribute (if fit) as an individual player (as part of the team). His tackling hardness has been very important. If he is playing well & is superceded then that will certainly augur well for the future.

Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:53 pm

Well you think in 2010 when O'Bree, Lockyer and Medhurst were in the stands. Presti was too although he may have played if fit. Leon obviously missed the replay too.

Those guys would have been in a lot of peoples best 22s at the start of the year.

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:27 am

Quote:
if fit

Everyone adds this caveat

I don’t see anyone saying Varcoe, Reid etc. can’t contribute “if fit”

I don’t see anyone saying they weren’t good players when they were fit

I have seen a lot of people complaining that we have had a horrific run with injuries

I have seen a lot of people talking about changing our injury profile

I don’t see how our offseason has helped

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:57 pm

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
Quote:
if fit

We'll be just starting our preseason.

I hear that 2020 is the "Year of the Magpie" ...... although the Guardian readers poll is about to give 2019 to the "Black Throated Finch"

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/nov/12/adani-mine-could-snuff-out-black-throated-finchs-last-chances-of-survival

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:39 am

watt price tully wrote:
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
Quote:
if fit

We'll be just starting our preseason

I expect I meant to say offseason recruiting

Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:16 pm

Noble and IQ extend their stays by 2 years each.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-11-17/magpies-secure-midyear-recruit-top-draft-pick-on-twoyear-deals

Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:28 pm

Now that Noble has signed, it means that everyone is signed up for 2020.

Wells, Goldsack, Crocker, Dunn, Murray and Aish are off the books. (With Dunn expected to be rookie drafted).

Only new in so far is Cameron with Lynch promoted from the rookie list.

So right now, there's 3 Senior list spots and 2 rookie spots left to fill.

MJ23 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:56 pm

Presti35 wrote:
Well you think in 2010 when O'Bree, Lockyer and Medhurst were in the stands. Presti was too although he may have played if fit. Leon obviously missed the replay too.

Those guys would have been in a lot of peoples best 22s at the start of the year.

Fraser also watched on. who would have thought Leigh Brown would take his place.

For Trav -
The "if fit" only acts as a qualifier as to if he can push for selection. If he can and he is in the best 22 then either the kids are not coming on or we have injuries again. Either way there wasnt anyone better to bring in and he is a known quantity - Players and coaches love him, he would be good for the kids.

Worst case, he gets injured or his form is crap early season. If this was the case, rules now allow for him to retire and the club to have a pick in the mid season draft.

Cant think of an alternative that would have been better.

The Average Tourist 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:34 pm

MJ23 wrote:
Presti35 wrote:

Fraser also watched on. who would have thought Leigh Brown would take his place.

For Trav -
The "if fit" only acts as a qualifier as to if he can push for selection. If he can and he is in the best 22 then either the kids are not coming on or we have injuries again. Either way there wasnt anyone better to bring in and he is a known quantity - Players and coaches love him, he would be good for the kids.

Worst case, he gets injured or his form is crap early season. If this was the case, rules now allow for him to retire and the club to have a pick in the mid season draft.

Cant think of an alternative that would have been better.

It would be the same for Ben Reid, and Lyndon Dunn (if we redraft him as a rookie) and maybe even Broomie!

Would it be the same for Beams if the Black Dog stopped him from playing!

LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:43 pm
Post subject: Pies set to take the oldest list in the League into 2020Reply with quote

After last week's NAB AFL Draft, Champion Data stats reveal that Collingwood's average age of 24.88 years narrowly shades that of West Coast (24.80 years), Hawthorn (24.66) and North Melbourne (24.66) as the oldest in the competition.

Its squad also averages 75.93 games between them, which makes it the fourth most experienced list. Only Geelong (80.72 games), Hawthorn (80.25) and West Coast (77.89) average more.

Collingwood's list will include six players over the age of 30 by the start of next season, including captain Scott Pendlebury (pictured) and fellow veterans Travis Varcoe, Chris Mayne, Levi Greenwood, Ben Reid and Dayne Beams.
It also features nine players with more than 150 games worth of experience, with only Geelong, Hawthorn, West Coast and Richmond enjoying the luxury of having more experience.

https://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/2019-12-04/hawks-no-longer-the-oldest-list

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:58 pm

^ These list age articles are usually misleading because it's the average age of the entire squad

If you look at the players who actually play senior football it can be quite different

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 12 of 51   

Jump to: