Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#10 Scott Pendlebury

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 133, 134, 135  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Plenty O'Toole 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:25 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

die4pies wrote:
xtcc wrote:

ps remeber bucks is in his last couple of years & will end up coaching this kid

*D4P reaches for a towel as he drools uncontrollably*

It's like when Bux puts his hand on his side and jumps around on one foot, he is both hip and he is hop.

Bux can learn the language from the streets and by the time he is coach, Pendles will be a mature player and Bux's doctrine will be based on CONTINUAL IMPROVEMENT. Bux is totally Six Sigma. This is part of what the kids of today live for, Yo, KnowwhatI'msayin.

Bux and Little Bux (Pendles) together.
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:02 pm

One of my favourite shots from last season.

The old and the new.

Round 6. Pies on the march. Daisy taking all before him and Bucks leading by example as always.

I will try and capture Bucks and Pendles in similar pose. It is not hard. Bucks is always around the kids offering guidence.

Daisy_Bucks.jpg

killer Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:55 pm

Round Six allright,
Who could forget those skeleton socks.

Car'n the PIES!!!
DaVe86 Scorpio

Man of Steele

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:18 am

Looks fantastic but it is way too early to be calling him the next james hird. You'd wait until he's played 3 seasons before you start calling him a champion.

But so far all the signs have been fantastic. Looks to have a lot of Nick Dal Santo in him in the way he has time and doesnt need to be super quick to move the ball quickly. He's hard to tackle as well, and his decision making seems cool, calm and collected.

I never put too much faith in 2nd year players. I have a theory that they play fantastic 1st seasons, die off in their 2nd years, and start peaking around 3rd and 4th years. Hoping for him to just simply confirm his spot in the team this year and go through injury free, waiting ever so patiently for his time to come.

The Weed 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:13 am

Plenty O'Toole wrote:
Interesting fact:-

The Pendleburry name is from the same region that Lord Collingwood came from in England. The city of Newcastle in Durham.

We could just as easily be called the Pendleburry football club and a lad named Collingwood could have come to play for us.

I wonder if this is one of those super magical things that are written in the Ages as legend. Like King Arthur and Merlin.

Interesting fact :-we would rather read what Dave the Man has to say than you. I am sure most people are well and truly over you again that pathetic low-life wanker and it's time for another spell at the Sanatorium.
Dragme 

Screaming.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:27 am

The Weed wrote:
Plenty O'Toole wrote:

The Pendleburry name is from the same region that Lord Collingwood came from in England. The city of Newcastle in Durham.

We could just as easily be called the Pendleburry football club and a lad named Collingwood could have come to play for us.

I wonder if this is one of those super magical things that are written in the Ages as legend. Like King Arthur and Merlin.

Interesting fact :-we would rather read what Dave the Man has to say than you. I am sure most people are well and truly over you again that pathetic low-life Carlscum supporter and it's time for another spell at the Sanatorium.

Ditto.

camrock 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:06 pm

The Weed wrote:
Plenty O'Toole wrote:

Interesting fact :-we would rather read what Dave the Man has to say than you. I am sure most people are well and truly over you again that pathetic low-life Carlscum supporter and it's time for another spell at the Sanatorium.

I dunno, they both have their charm. Diversity!
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:07 pm

With all this drooling over the young talent we have in our team and how many players we had out in Carrara, I am even more confused at the relentless bagging the kids copped on this site after most of them aquitted themselves quite well for thier first up run of the season Question Question
Plenty O'Toole 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:35 pm

mudlark wrote:
With all this drooling over the young talent we have in our team and how many players we had out in Carrara, I am even more confused at the relentless bagging the kids copped on this site after most of them aquitted themselves quite well for thier first up run of the season Question Question

Agreed Muddy, the Collingwood football club is a 5 year project currently in the process of peaking about 2011. The whole recruiting is aimed towards that exemplified in the trading of Tarrant to get young hot flesh into our system. Anything that happens before then is just a bonus.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:16 pm

Ahh yes, young hot flesh, I remember it well Rolling Eyes
punkologist Aries

Barwick goals, the pies are home!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:15 pm

xtcc wrote:
the leasons he can learn in there from bucks, burns, licca, obree, dutchie etc will be priceless.

as long as he doesn't learn kicking skills from licca and o'bree.
loki04 Leo

Tiger Treloar lmfao NOPE.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:37 am

mudlark wrote:

It wasn't the kids people were "bagging" it was the mid tier players who continually let the team down ie Lonie , Richards ect.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:18 pm

Zakal wrote:
In all fairness and due consideration for his bout of GF....Buckley and co were doing the things Pendles has done in the last 2 practice matches in his very first HA game.

In fact Bucks was so good, he actually had Stevo tagging him in his first game. (now thats the way to learn to play a tag)...take notes C.Judd[/quote]

That is true, however, the stars who began their careers in a blaze of glory are, from memory, just Bucks and Judd (Judd actually made his debut against us, in round two of 2002, recieving two votes in the 3AW Magnavox player of the day ((what a season)). It was the same day Jason Cloke made his debut for us, and played quite well). I recall reading/hearing once that Bucks was tagged, in his opening three matches, by none other than Anthony Stevens, Tony Free and Todd Viney. Fair effort for a 21-year-old.

But who else can you think of who did just this? From memory, Paul Hasleby won 20+ possessions on debut and a nomination in the Norwich Rising Star (which he won overall, season 2000).

Can't think of anyone else, so most do take time.

Zakal wrote:
Dont get me wrong, i love Pendles and hope he could one-day become a Dal Santo for us, and if he becomes as good as Dal Santo, we will be very very lucky and gone a long way to atone for picking Cole instead.

Exactly. He appears, at this stage, in the mould of a Dal Santo but, on exposed evidence, a big call yes, a more explosive model.

Just hope he doesn't fall victim to the 'Great White Hope' syndrome that has claimed/threatened to claim in past years.
uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:27 pm

Johnson#26 wrote:
Bucks was tagged, in his opening three matches, by none other than Anthony Stevens, Tony Free and Todd Viney. Fair effort for a 21-year-old.

Make no mistake that Buks is a once in a lifetime player that our club has been blessed with. If Pendles turns out half as good as Buks it'll still be enough to hang his hat on - However, keep in mind that Pendles was still only 18yrs old less than 8 weeks ago!!!
xtcc 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:02 pm

pure class he is the whole package @ 18 kicks goals, hard to tackle, time to burn, great disposal & vision. he is still eligable for this years rising star. remeber heater played 6 games in his first year & 22 last year or close to that pend played 9 in his first year @ 21 he will be the best in the AFL if he is managed properly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 133, 134, 135  Next
Page 37 of 135   

Jump to: