Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#10 Scott Pendlebury

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 133, 134, 135  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

JLC wrote:
Great he can play basketball with Fanning and be another project player like Walker.

I am a bit sceptical on this selection as i am with Thomas. Not sure why we didnt go with the obvious choices.

jlc

Do you also post under the nick, Eddie Gold Question Rolling Eyes

Enough said... Evil or Very Mad
leonmagic Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:15 pm

dont mean to be a pain in the arse, but can we get this thread re-named to 'Scott Pendlebury' please.
EddieGold 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:09 pm

Scott Pendlebury is the best player since Andrew Bogut
EddieGold 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:11 pm

collingwoodjoe wrote:
we had to take this guy with 2 or 5 if we wanted him, he wasn't going to slip to 21! and we obviously wanted him. Hine was apperantly give a brief; "we want quick agressive skillful players who can take a mark and win thier own ball playing thru the middle of the ground" Ellis just doesn't dit this description, Thomans and Pendlebury do, and we have taken them! Look forward to seeing them in the blak and white.

what about just picking blokes who can play footy???
EddieGold 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:16 pm

quote="RayByrneForPOPE"]
leonmagic wrote:
RayByrneForPOPE wrote:
I would compare the 2 players like this.

Dale Thomas to a Licuria

Xavier Ellis to a Nick Dal Santo

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

surely you're kidding?????????? have you actually seen thomas in action??

I have watched all Gippsland Powers home games and watched them train all season, Thomas is a midfielder who goes forward and kicks a few goals he kicked four in the Tac G/F which would be the only time you have seen either of them play, Thomas is an under pack midfielder like Licuria plays where as Ellis is all class and plays identical to Dal Santo. Read all my other post for the last 3 months. I do live 100 metres from Gippsland Powers home ground.

All I am trying to say was we said we would pick the BEST player not a player for position or needs and I dont reckon we did. Xavier Ellis is the best player in my opinion (and alot of others)[/quote]

From someone who knows
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:24 pm

Mr. Chairman wrote:
Alot of clubs let Hurn slip.

He's obviously not what you all thought he was.

I was surprised, too. Was meant to go at three for a while there.

Pendlebury is an interesting one. Another project. Yes, time will tell, but at least the score is on the board via a good TAC season. A classy wingman is just what the doctor ordered.
EddieGold 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:28 pm

Johnson#26 wrote:
Mr. Chairman wrote:
Alot of clubs let Hurn slip.

He's obviously not what you all thought he was.

I was surprised, too. Was meant to go at three for a while there.

Pendlebury is an interesting one. Another project. Yes, time will tell, but at least the score is on the board via a good TAC season. A classy wingman is just what the doctor ordered.

or Ellis?
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:38 pm

Who cares? We took what we believe is the player who fits out side best. Lets just wait four or five years until we may definite decisions...
sq3 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:58 am

EddieGold - you will see how SP turns out and he may just happen to be a new Pavlich - and while we are on the Pav topic - I am tipping C3 to really step up and out this year and you will see that a great Pie is always better than a Pav anyday.

Pendlebury is very fast anm mobile at 190 and this will be a big advantage for the Pies.

Be patient.
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:16 am

If you look at our recent draft history it isnt exactly covered in glory. Most of our number one picks have been failures. The jury is probably still out on Josh Fraser after a promising start to his career.

Marc Murphy's dad played football so it is fair to say its in the blood one would think. There is also a difference b/n playing both sports (as in cricket in summer and footy in winter) as opposed to playing basketball and then taking up football.

Pendlebury from the sounds of things only really started playing seriously last year. Thats how it sounded on the ch10 coverage when shifter sheehan was talking.

It will be interesting to see in the next few years whether those selections prove to be wise.

jlc

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:19 am

Lazza wrote:
JLC wrote:
Great he can play basketball with Fanning and be another project player like Walker.

I am a bit sceptical on this selection as i am with Thomas. Not sure why we didnt go with the obvious choices.

jlc

Do you also post under the nick, Eddie Gold Question Rolling Eyes

Enough said... Evil or Very Mad

Wouldnt you be sceptical after our recent draft history? Danny Roach, Luke Shackleton, Billy Morrison and Bo Nixon to name just a few. All of them came with big wraps but none delivered. I left out Davidson as he had the ability but was cut down by injury.

jlc

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:21 am

vinnie_vegas69 wrote:
JLC wrote:

jlc

Marc Murphy used to play cricket - OMG, he's a project.

Just because they used to play a different sport doesn't mean they don't know how to play footy.

Dipper (apparently his nickname) is already a smart footballer.

Considering we used pick 5 to pick him up i would hope that he is already a smart footballer. Thats what you would expect with pick 5. To me Pendlebury sounds like the type of player you would use a 3rd rd selection on.

jlc

Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:30 am

JLC wrote:
If you look at our recent draft history it isnt exactly covered in glory. Most of our number one picks have been failures. The jury is probably still out on Josh Fraser after a promising start to his career.

Marc Murphy's dad played football so it is fair to say its in the blood one would think. There is also a difference b/n playing both sports (as in cricket in summer and footy in winter) as opposed to playing basketball and then taking up football.

Pendlebury from the sounds of things only really started playing seriously last year. Thats how it sounded on the ch10 coverage when shifter sheehan was talking.

It will be interesting to see in the next few years whether those selections prove to be wise.

Fair enough, JLC, our drafting has been pretty poor of late - save for 2004. But we need to give these new blokes time before we make our judgements. The future appears promising...
vinnie_vegas69 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:33 am

JLC wrote:
To me Pendlebury sounds like the type of player you would use a 3rd rd selection on.

Well then you have no idea what you're talking about. The guy was a consensus first round candidate, and was always a strong candidate to go in the top 10.
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:47 am

When i say thirs rd. I mean our third selection in the draft. Definately not our first pick after the Priority round.

The future will hold the answer and i hope he does turn out to be better than the players selected in the top 10.

jlc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 133, 134, 135  Next
Page 3 of 135   

Jump to: