Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#10 Scott Pendlebury

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 133, 134, 135  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Chairman 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:59 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Alot of clubs let Hurn slip.

He's obviously not what you all thought he was.
Magpie Since 1986 

Traitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:01 pm

To me this is the most controversial pick of the draft by a mile. If we are right on this we should be lauded as geniuses, if we are wrong no doubt we will be mauled by the media and football fans. God I hope we are right.
DaVe86 Scorpio

Man of Steele

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:14 pm

Interesting, Interesting Interesting.

If it all pans out our way in 3 years time, then we'll applaud the club for its guts.

However...we do know how to get ourselves into trouble. If these players turn out to be duds, we'll all look back and say..."geez, remember how collingwood pass on Ellis, Hurn, Kennedy, Ryder etc for these smokies"

EddieGold 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:16 pm

DaVe86 wrote:
Interesting, Interesting Interesting.

If it all pans out our way in 3 years time, then we'll applaud the club for its guts.

However...we do know how to get ourselves into trouble. If these players turn out to be duds, we'll all look back and say..."geez, remember how collingwood pass on Ellis, Hurn, Kennedy, Ryder etc for these smokies"

like Danny Roach and Steve McKee for Pavlich - still haunts us.
DaVe86 Scorpio

Man of Steele

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:18 pm

yer suppose, but the guys we've picked up this year were all rated inside the top 15. I have no doubt that we have picked up 2 very good players with picks 2 and 5. My only concern is that we let a better 2 players slip through. But se la ve. Lets watch our newbies closely over offseason and see how they go.
EddieGold 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:20 pm

26 November 2009 we will put up a topic. Who got the best of the 2005 draft Hawthorn or Collingwood...until then it is all just opinions.
collingwoodjoe 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:12 pm

we had to take this guy with 2 or 5 if we wanted him, he wasn't going to slip to 21! and we obviously wanted him. Hine was apperantly give a brief; "we want quick agressive skillful players who can take a mark and win thier own ball playing thru the middle of the ground" Ellis just doesn't dit this description, Thomans and Pendlebury do, and we have taken them! Look forward to seeing them in the blak and white.
DaVe86 Scorpio

Man of Steele

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:17 pm

only concern is that he is new to football.

This could also be an advantage because he has more improving to do than most...and if he is this good already...imagine how good he will be in the future

vinnie_vegas69 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:20 pm

DaVe86 wrote:
only concern is that he is new to football.

This could also be an advantage because he has more improving to do than most...and if he is this good already...imagine how good he will be in the future

He's not nearly as new to football as people make it seem. This kid has played plenty of football.

He's not a David Fanning-type that's played only a handful of organised football games to this point.
DaVe86 Scorpio

Man of Steele

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:24 pm

yer i understand that...but there is no doubt he still has a bit to learn. This will come im sure. His benefits far outweigh his faults.

In fact looking at the list, apart from Hurn, i cant see anyone that really blows me away. Penelbury may be quite a good get. As i said...the fact he has shown so much already...and he has a long way to go is an advantage.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:32 pm

Great he can play basketball with Fanning and be another project player like Walker.

I am a bit sceptical on this selection as i am with Thomas. Not sure why we didnt go with the obvious choices.

jlc

Dark Lord Capricorn

He's back...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:45 pm

Because that would be too obvious! Wink
Daniel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:05 pm

DaVe86 wrote:
Lets watch our newbies closely over offseason and see how they go.

exactly what is watching our newbies over the offseason going to show? I'll have a guess: they'll look like a million bucks at training?
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:55 pm

DaVe86 wrote:
yer suppose, but the guys we've picked up this year were all rated inside the top 15. I have no doubt that we have picked up 2 very good players with picks 2 and 5. .

My only concern is that we let a better 2 players slip through.[/quote]

In ALL seriousness HOW do we know this dude Question Give me your subtle logic? This is the Leigh Troop type intelligence is it where we knock the club BEFORE the results of their efforts are known?? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil NO ONE KNOWS how ANY of these kids will perform in two years time, not even the kids themselves Rolling Eyes Stupid comment to say that we let 2 better players slip through without a skerric of concrete vidence Evil or Very Mad

DaVe86 wrote:
But se la ve. Lets watch our newbies closely over offseason and see how they go.

Question More like lets compare in about two years dude Laughing 99% of the kids need a good two years to settle in, unless you are a Judd. Look at Yakka, everyone one here was saying how he would play all year in the seniors last season, didn't happen Exclamation Lets discuss this issue wen we know the facts NOT blindly knocking the club like Richmond fans do WITHOUT any real reason yet to do so. Are we that terrible as Collingwood fans?? Mad Not this fan.... Rolling Eyes
vinnie_vegas69 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:05 pm

JLC wrote:
Great he can play basketball with Fanning and be another project player like Walker.

I am a bit sceptical on this selection as i am with Thomas. Not sure why we didnt go with the obvious choices.

jlc

Marc Murphy used to play cricket - OMG, he's a project.

Just because they used to play a different sport doesn't mean they don't know how to play footy.

Dipper (apparently his nickname) is already a smart footballer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 133, 134, 135  Next
Page 2 of 135   

Jump to: