Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

NickiSlater's Slats Topic

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NickiSlater 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 12:34 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Donny Slats will still make it back into the Australian team let's not forget this please! Smile

Just in case anyone doesn't know I am the ex MrsTarrant. I have decided to remain loyal to the one man from now! Razz
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 11:05 am

Will Langer get runs today ?

A couple more failures and his place at the top of the Aussie batting order could be in jeopardy.

If this transpires and Slats starts the season with a couple of centuries ....... I wonder ?? Very Happy Twisted Evil Very Happy

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
NickiSlater 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 11:11 am

Sounds too good to be true but I will never lose hope!

I can't wait for the season to start! Go Slats! Smile
Donny Aries

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 12:17 pm

Alfie out for 2 !!!

Nicki, do you have a little J Langer doll with pins stuck in it ?????

couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 12:05 am

LOL wouldnt be surprised. Hayden will be unmoveable
commonwombat Sagittarius

commonwombat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 8:04 pm

Sorry, don't fancy Slater's chances.

1. He'd have to be scoring bucketloads of runs for NSW. Incumbents have box season having match practice already whereas Pura Cup barely started.

2. They may well look at younger options.

3. He'd really have to have his shit together on and off field. He has burnt many bridges at Natl and NSW level, at admin and playing level. Offside with Waugh.

4. Not likely to get ODI call-up which can keep a player in public and selectors eyes. Is an inferior fieldsman to other contenders.

NickiSlater 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 11:10 pm

LOL no Donny but I think I should! Smile commonwombat stranger things have happened! Smile
commonwombat Sagittarius

commonwombat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 9:52 am

Nicki,

Not saying it is impossible, but wouldn't wager much money on it.

Slater's ego and personality problems grew in proportion at a time that his performances were steadily heading south. His performances would have to be so outstanding as to overrule the distaste with which he is held in many circles.

This is not based on personal animosity to Slater or media reports but backed up from contacts inside NSW Cricket. Essentially, people will put up with a prick, if their performance is good enough, but it comes back to bite them on the bum when things go pear shaped.

gobbles21 Virgo

It is what it is...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 2:04 pm

Langer gone for 8 in the second innings.
NickiSlater 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 2:53 pm

Yeah commonwombat I hear you I heard all the terrible things too don't worry I understand what you mean I just find it so hard to belive that Slats is a prick haha! Smile gobbles thanks for pointing that out always nice to read haha! Smile
commonwombat Sagittarius

commonwombat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 4:51 pm

Nicki,

Not criticising you. Media reports are one thing, true or exagerrated. I have stated what is a widely held perception of him in NSW Cricket. I happen to a Sydney first grade umpire and have umpired M.Slater on a number of occaisions. Sadly, he has proven this perception accurate.

I respect yr opinion and belief that he is a first rate cricketer and should be in the Test team. We can only agree to disagree. He may indeed make it back but his performances will have to be exceptional to repair the bridges he's burnt. His age and relatively mediocre fielding may also count against.

Still, you may be proven right and good luck to you.

Donny Aries

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 10:38 pm

"Realistically it's a very slim chance. But I also know that it's my mindset that'll maybe create that opportunity again. It's like Dumb and Dumber – when the girl says, `You've got a one in a million chance of sleeping with me,' and Jim Carrey says, `So you're saying I've got a chance' . . . I live by that."
Michael Slater on his chances of an international recall

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 6:04 pm

Sorry to burst your bubble ladies, but Slater is a prick. And a rude one at that. A good mate of mine told me this story first-hand, much to the dissapointment of us both.
After a ODI day/night match at the MCG in the mid '90's, several Australian players made their way in the early hours to "The Saloon Bar", a popular yuppie bar/club in South Yarra, just out of the city.
Slater had been run-out that match in a mid-wicket mix up with Mark Waugh. My mate had been to the game, and went with his friends to this venue too by coincidence. And my friend, who just failed to make the grade at district level cricket in metro-Melbourne, thought he'd wonder over to "good ol' Slats" and say hello. Rightly or wrongly, he attempted to start the conversation with "bad luck about the run-out tonight Slats". Mr.Slater, P.R. genius that he is, decided to reply with "f@ck off idiot", and walked away.
Couldn't say i was overly shattered when this person lost his spot in the Aussie XI.

Dyso

Donny Aries

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 6:26 pm

With respect, piedys, as much as you may trust your mate, that's still second hand info. You don't know it to be true.

Slats might have said exactly that but unless he said it to you, you shouldn't post it in a public forum. We've had plenty of the same thing turning out to be incorrect in GD.

Oh, they were posted in good faith - all from 'a reliable source' or 'a good mate told me' but nonetheless second hand. I'm not saying your mate was lying but it's not all that far from Slats saying,"Look, I don't want to talk about it. Please go away" (celebs are constantly hassled by fans) and your mate getting pissed off and relating it to you the way he did.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 2:01 pm

MAGFAN8 wrote:
With respect, piedys, as much as you may trust your mate, that's still second hand info. You don't know it to be true.

Slats might have said exactly that but unless he said it to you, you shouldn't post it in a public forum. We've had plenty of the same thing turning out to be incorrect in GD.

Oh, they were posted in good faith - all from 'a reliable source' or 'a good mate told me' but nonetheless second hand. I'm not saying your mate was lying but it's not all that far from Slats saying,"Look, I don't want to talk about it. Please go away" (celebs are constantly hassled by fans) and your mate getting pissed off and relating it to you the way he did.

Donny, I know what you're saying here BUT this bloke i have known each other our whole lives. He's not one to exagerate.
However, next time i speak to him, i will ask him to read my post for confirmation and would be glad to announce a retraction SHOULD it prove inaccurate.

It just seemed oddly consistant with Slater's reputation to me, that's why i posted it. And "my source" has never said a bad word about any other sporting celebrities he's met in the past, only this clown.

cheers sports fans,
Dyso
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 20 of 23   

Jump to: