Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

NickiSlater's Slats Topic

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 21, 22, 23  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trippy Pie Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 5:26 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Slater was a champion last century.
The only way he will ever play for Australia again is if he takes the ACB to the equal opportunity commision and wins a case to play in our womens team.(If they would have him as they seem to be going OK at moment).
I can't understand why Mrs Tarrant likes him so much and how she can defend his current form.
Maybe he might be recruited by Victora, then to me this obsession might make sense.

COLLINGWOOD RULES no one else matters!!!!!!

MrsTarrant Sagittarius

I love you Chrissy Tarrant you rock!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 5:59 am

I guess you think you are really funny Trippy Pie! Well I can tell you YOU'RE NOT!

Michael Slater has been my favourite cricketer now for 10 years and I am not going to stop liking him just because he isn't in the best form of his career. I know people like you can't understand things such as loyalty, you seem like a bandwagon supporter to me!

I am the first one to admit that he hasn't been playing the best lately. I'm not defending his form, I have been completely devestated with his current form especially when he made a duck when I went to watch him play! What I am doing is defending the player I know he is and can be and he is DAMN GOOD! I don't care when you think he was a champion, to me he still is a champion and I hope he proves it to people like you!

Why does he have to play for Victoria for me to like him or for my "obsession" to make more sense to you? I couldn't give a damn if none of it makes sense to you! Slats is my favourite cricketer and I am allowed to like and support him as much as I like especially in my own topic!

GO SLATS!

I AM NOT HAPPY WITH YOU N.S.W FOR AGAIN NOT OPENING WITH SLATER WHAT A WASTE!

View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
Trippy Pie Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 7:23 am

Mrs Tarrant,
No I was not trying to be funny just curious to understand your blind loyalty or is that lust for Slats.

You call me a bandwagon jumper and have the audacity to attack my loyalty. Was it not you who had rather nasty go at me for not supporting the vics as you believe that i live in melb.
As some one who has supported the mighty two blues for a very long time I find that comment rather offensive.
The only bandwagon I have jumped on, as you like to accuse me of doing, with no evidence at all would be the BLACK AND WHITE one I jumped on when I was born. Which was way back in the sixties.

I too am a great admirer of slats, but when a player has lost his form, it very rarely comes back. I believe he has been given more than enough oppurtunity to re-establish himself in the openers spot but he has been passed by players who currently have and for quite a while now, been in much better form.
Who do drop from the Australian side as an opener, Gilly or Hayden. Both in better form than Slater at the moment I believe. But then again PEOPLE LIKE ME dont understand these things do we.
Have you thought that the idea to play Slater down the order may have been his own idea, to give himself a chance to regain his form without the pressure of opening.
If the ACB starts picking people on their looks and not their talent and current form, we are in serious trouble.
With your selection criteria, would you be dropping Gilly, Dizzy or anybody else who may not be as pleasing to the eye as you believe Slater is?
Yes you are right it would be good to see Slats back in the Australian team but it is not going to happen.
If Steve Waugh can not get a game in the world cup what hope has Slater?
As for your own topic I thought Donny started this one.

Perhaps PEOPLE LIKE YOU , should stand back and have a look at the bigger picture. Current form and team balance get you a game not just good looks. Before you start having an attack about the way I look, bring it on cause I don't give a rats fat clacker about them. I am comfortable with the way I look and am secure in my own self worth.

COLLINGWOOD RULES no one else matters!!!!!!

MrsTarrant Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 9:22 am

I don't know how many times I have to keep saying this I DON'T LOVE SLATER FOR THE WAY HE LOOKS IS THAT CLEAR? In fact I think there are a lot better looking men out in this world than him SO GET OVER IT! I love Slats for who he is not what he looks like, of course I think he looks great but this is so not the issue here. I am sick and bloody tired of people who claim that women only love a certain player because of his looks it's absolutely pathetic! Also why the hell would I attack you for the way you look? I don't even know what you look like and it shows how very little you know about me as I don't judge people for the way they look, never have never will!

So because Slats is going through a rough patch and I still love him you call that blind loyalty do you? I think you are completely missing the point! When you love and admire someone you support them through everything and not just love them when they are in smashing form! This is why I called you a bandwagon supporter as statements like that suggest you are! As for having the audacity to attack your loyalty weren't you the one who did that to me first? As for getting nasty at you about Victoria it wasn't because I thought you lived here it was because I found your comments harsh and inappropriate!

I am glad to hear that you are a great admirer of Slats and I respect the fact that you believe he has had enough chances to prove himself! Maybe it was Slater's idea to bat down the order you could be right but somehow I find it hard to believe! I also think you take my comments a little too literally, when I make comments about myself being a selector and Slats always playing I am mucking around! I would not drop anyone in the Australian team to put Slater in, like I said I agree that Slats is not in good form and doesn't deserve to be in the team. I would never have dropped him to start with but that is a seperate issue! MY POINT IS AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN THAT SLATER HAS THE POTENTIAL TO MAKE IT BACK INTO THE AUSTRALIAN TEAM ONE DAY! I don't care if you don't agree that's what I think!

I don't know if you noticed but this topic states Mrs Tarrant's Slats Topic, henece it being a topic Donny started for me to crap on about Slats as much as I like!

If anything Trippy Pie I thank you for giving me some points to argue in MY TOPIC! Bring it on!

GO SLATS!

View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
MrsTarrant Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 9:30 am

Now if I may mention it was great to see Slats get a bat today! It wasn't for very long as he came out at number seven and I was getting most upset with South Australia for continually dropping catches however I saw him and it was great! OH HE LOOKED SO SEXY EVERYONE, HE IS A GOD AND SHOULD ONLY BE PLAYING BECAUSE HE LOOKS SO GOOD! LoL well he did look good but I'm just being cheeky as a lot of people seem to think I only love Slats for the way he looks. I think he did his job batting at number seven but hopefully he is opening again real soon! GO SLATS!

brodie_rocks! Aries

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 6:00 pm

Go Ur Slatsy Bet he luved all the attention from the binocular brigade Ahhhhh, the good old dayz eh Nicki?

Personal j/k only Nicki will get: "Good-morning!"

~ANGEL~
MrsTarrant Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 6:13 pm

Oh my famous binoculars they sure did get a work out on Slats didn't they LoL! Don't worry we will be there together next year I'm sure so the days aren't over yet! I would wait forever to get another "Good morning" from Slats that just made me happy for the rest of my life! "Good morning" and that smile damn it wasn't just a good morning after that it was a BLOODY FANTASTIC morning! Steph I want your dads binoculars next year LoL you know what I mean!

brodie_rocks! Aries

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 6:19 pm

hahahahaha consider them packed in the bag by the front door waiting to leave!

U know what? pple r gonna think we're some sort of wackos! hahaha. Pity they dun know the REAL u and me eh? hahaha

At least ur Slatsy luvs us!

ROOOOOOADTRIP!!!!!!

~ANGEL~

[This message has been edited by brodie_rocks! (edited 16 February 2003).]
MrsTarrant Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 6:32 pm

LMAO! Don't worry half the people on this thing already think I'm crazy it won't make any difference! I can't wait to see these binoculars mate LoL they sound like just what I need! This road trip of ours sounds like a lot of fun also I so can't wait! If Slats starts seeing me in Sydney though he might start getting worried as I am only known as the crazy girl from Melbourne so far! LoL you think Slatsy loved us? I just think he felt my eyes burning into every part of his body!

brodie_rocks! Aries

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 6:37 pm

hahah I'll show u the 'nocs a the footy one time! U might need em for Tazza

Yes, roadtrip is in the pipeline! I vote we set up camp where we just talked about! Be a classic - 'oh, fancy seeing u here!'

I'll have a word to my 'man' about Slatsy for u and find out just what he thought! And trust me, he couldn't have seen u looking from that far away!

Ooooh, btw, apparently we were on the tele heaps last Sunday! hahaha we're celebs! Soon they'll want our autographs! Oh hang on, hahaha, a certain someone already asked for mine! hahaha, I'll explain later!

~ANGEL~

[This message has been edited by brodie_rocks! (edited 16 February 2003).]
MrsTarrant Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 6:44 pm

LOL we were on t.v OH MY GOD I'M GOING TO DIE! LOL I wonder what I was doing when they showed me on t.v maybe looking at someone through the binoculars! Who told you we were on t.v? I guess Slats didn't see me looking from that far but how about when he was sitting on the bench and I just conveniently stood up next to you to get a better look LoL I think that was a tad obvious! GO THE LIFESAVERS DAMN I WANT ONE NOW LOL!

brodie_rocks! Aries

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 6:47 pm

hahaha like maybe a little I'm sure he didnt mind a good looking chick staring at him though! Who wouldn't!

Go the lifesavers iceypole! I think the 'pink jellybean' and the 'chewy' top it though!

Steph says: 'Yo Dougster!' & 'Y Hello dere Mr. Jellybean thrower'

~ANGEL~
MrsTarrant Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 6:52 pm

LoL damn that jellybean incident was the funniest thing ever! I think Mr. Nash is definately responsible for that one! Oh and Mr. Hussey we love you! We had a great five days didn't we so worth it!

brodie_rocks! Aries

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 6:56 pm

hahah yes, the case of the pink jellybean! I dun think they knew we could see them laughing. What a bugger Nashy was! Corey was in on it too! Silly bois!

And yes, Mr. Hussey.... don't u just HATE hindsight! (thinking back to the players reserve seats that arvo...)

Dougie takes the cake though!

Best 5 days eva! hahahaha woulda been nice if we actually watched some of the cricket eh?! hahahaha

~ANGEL~
MrsTarrant Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 7:03 pm

I think if Corey Richards stopped thinking about jellybeans and more about cricket he might be getting a game now! As for Mr. Hussey yes I do regret it! Dougie is definately the man! LoL we didn't watch much cricket did we, nah of course we did! Oh if anyone is reading this for example you Trippy Pie we are only having some fun so don't start with the I only like cricket for the men line, it's all a bit of fun, don't take it literally!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 2 of 23   

Jump to: