Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Warne Injured!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gobbles21 Virgo

It is what it is...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 4:29 pm
Post subject: Warne Injured!Reply with quote

Shane Warne has injured his right shoulder in the one day match at the MCG, and will probably miss the World Cup.

This brings up the question of who will go a the spinner to the World Cup. The selectors already know what MacGill can do and he has never let them down in the past. But they have recently turned against him. Should they take the young inexperienced Hauritz or the ever reliable (second best spinner in the country) MacGill?

The other big question is whether this is a career threatening injury? We all know that he has just recently reached his peak again after his last lot of shoulder injury (on the same shoulder), and may not be able to come back from an injurry such as this for the second time.

"I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own." - Woody Allen
couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 5:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

yep! i was just listening, cause i got back from the MCG early cause my dad had to go to wonthaggi! he's dislocated it or something and stuart Mcgill will probebly relace him in the melbourne test and the SCG test, and there is a slim chance that he will miss the whole world cup cause u cant come in half way threw!

footy ROX!
Ian Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 5:35 pm

On the TV they spoke to the doctor of the Aust. side and he said it would be 4-6weeks(dislocated shoulder), but they dont know what other damage had been done. Have we seen the last of the great man? (Murali - greatest test bowler of all time? I could name 4 or 5 better (Warne,McGrath,Hadlee,Lillee etc) - at least they're not chuckers.

Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 6:37 am

Devastating to see! The crowd hushed when Warney went down. But we didn't know what had happened at first. Initially I thought he had busted a finger, but the way he was writhing around on the ground, you could tell it was much more serious. A few people around us thought he had done a knee, but then we heard it was his shoulder.

I reckon he'll still make it back for the World Cup - he has said before that he really wanted to play in this so I think his determination will see him make his comeback in the WC. FIngers crossed!

"I'm sure people see me as a screaming redhead with a big pair of boobs, but I like to think I've got things to say." Geri Halliwell, former member of the Spice Girls
Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 10:30 am

Any updates on Warne? I thought we'd find out today how extensive the damage is and how long he'll be out for.

"I'm sure people see me as a screaming redhead with a big pair of boobs, but I like to think I've got things to say." Geri Halliwell, former member of the Spice Girls
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 10:30 am

well if warney cant get back in time then i hope macgill gets a go cos he is good most of the time.
warne wouldnt be 100% in time anyway would he? do u think the selectors would risk it?

TARKO TARKO MAN!
I WANT TO BE A TARKO MAN!
Ian Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 12:02 pm

This from www-aus.cricket.org:

WARNE SHOULD BE FIT FOR WORLD CUP
AAP - 16 DECEMBER 2002

MELBOURNE DEC 16 2002 AAP -Shane Warne should be available for Australias World Cup cricket campaign after undergoing shoulder surgery today.
Australian team doctor Trevor James said Warne had undergone arthroscopic surgery this morning after the injury last night.
James said Warne would be out of action for up to six weeks,meaning Warne will mis the remaining two Ashes Tests and the remaining one day series in Australia.
But James was hopeful of having Warne back by the start of the World Cup in late February.
"I dont think I could be definite, we are hopeful he will be available and we will wait until we'll be in a better position to see", he said.
Jame said Warne was likely to make a full recovery despite fears his latest injury might have finished his career.
"We expect him to bowl without any dramas and in the short term,we expect him to be out for four to six weeks",James said.

gobbles21 Virgo

It is what it is...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 12:27 pm

Great News!!!

I hope he gets back, but if he can't I think they should select Steve Waugh cause of his experience. Especially after the team would loose all of Warnes experience and may not be able to stand up as tall under intense pressure.

"I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own." - Woody Allen
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 4:58 pm

Is this bloke dedicated or what? 6 hours a day in the gym and now he's back in the nets, BOWLING! Go Warney.

Donny.

GO THE MIGHTY WOODSMEN !! ALL THE WAY IN 2003 AND BEYOND !!!!

[This message has been edited by MAGFAN8 (edited 08 January 2003).]

[This message has been edited by MAGFAN8 (edited 08 January 2003).]
gobbles21 Virgo

It is what it is...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 12:22 pm

Good to ee Warney may play for the Aussies again in the next week.

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 7:54 pm

Warne could be back on Thursday
Roger Vaughan - 20 January 2003

MELBOURNE, Jan 20 AAP - Australia could regain leg-spinner Shane Warne for Thursday's first one-day cricket final against England at the Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG).

Warne reported he pulled up well from bowling for Victoria in yesterday's match against Tasmania.

National team physiotherapist Errol Alcott will examine Warne's right bowling shoulder tomorrow.

Alcott said provided there were no unexpected problems, he could clear Warne for national selection.

"I've seen Shane today and he says his shoulder is excellent, he says he `fizzed' a couple (of deliveries) yesterday and he's very happy," Alcott said.

Donny.

GO THE MIGHTY WOODSMEN !! ALL THE WAY IN 2003 AND BEYOND !!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: