Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

VB Series or World Cup more Important!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 7:46 am
Post subject: VB Series or World Cup more Important!!Reply with quote

Here is a scenerio for everyone...what do you believe is more important.....the One Day series in Australia or the World Cup??

I would say the World Cup, so in that light why when the World Cup is so close would we risk our Squad...I think it would have been a good time to just make the Australia A squad that have been playing against Sri-Lanka our main team for the VB series and give the regular guys who would be playing in the world cup, who have played a hell of a lot of cricket, some time off to refresh and rest....

then we wouldn't have any problems with people wanting Steve Waugh, make him captain, put Mark Waugh in as well. I think they would have still brought in the crowds...

possible team

M.Waugh
Langer
Blewett
Hussey
S. Waugh
Symonds (toplay him into a little form)
Campbell
Hauritz
Noffke
Watson
Bracken

12th Man - Harvey

That team would be competitive and still drawn a crowd and would give the guys going to SA the rest they need.

Cheers

"NEVER LEAVE, NEVER GIVE UP ON THEM AND ALWAYS BE THERE AT THE END TO CLAP THEM OFF THE GROUND. WE ARE COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTERS SON, EVEN IF THEY BEAT US, WE ARE STILL BETTER THAN THEM!"(quote from my mum when I was 8 years old)

[This message has been edited by Northern Pie (edited 11 January 2003).]
MrsTarrant Sagittarius

I love you Chrissy Tarrant you rock!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 9:02 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry but I can't agree with you! How much of a rest do these guys need? I believe that if the players don't have the passion to play in the VB Series then how do you expect them to go in the World Cup? I think that winning the VB series is just as important as playing in the World Cup as it gives the players and the team as a whole the confidence they need! You can definately rotate players and give them a rest but having a completely different team playing in the VB series to that in the World Cup I think would be a very bad move!

View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 9:32 am

Very interesting points of view! No need to be sorry, Mrs Taz. This forum thrives on point and counterpoint. For instance, it wouldn't be half the fun for me if JLC didn't post regularly. Lol.

I think your idea has great merit, Nth., and I'm sure Mrs Taz would've liked it more if you'd put one M. Slater in your team!

Donny.

GO THE MIGHTY WOODSMEN !! ALL THE WAY IN 2003 AND BEYOND !!!!
Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 10:30 am

Yeah no need to say sorry Mrs Tarrant, I just put it out there as a suggestion....I just think that they play and aweful lot of cricket with uot much of a break, remembering that Cricket for Austyralians used to be confined to Summer in Australia and a series elsewhere int he world, these days they seem to be playing cricket right the year round and as athletes, will tire. It just seems that we are suffering that fatigue a little right now and my suggestion was merely one as a tactical move by the Australians to Make sure all of thier top class players are all firing at the same time....Maybe instead of replacing the whole team then, rotate the world cup players through the One day series in Australia so that they are fresh and are match ready....just a suggetion really, I am not sure about it affecting the desire to win the VB series as I think that any player who plays for Australia would have that desire and passion.

Cheers

"NEVER LEAVE, NEVER GIVE UP ON THEM AND ALWAYS BE THERE AT THE END TO CLAP THEM OFF THE GROUND. WE ARE COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTERS SON, EVEN IF THEY BEAT US, WE ARE STILL BETTER THAN THEM!"(quote from my mum when I was 8 years old)
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 1:10 pm

Well the Wrold Cup is definately the most important Tournament it comes around once every four years and involves every country.
Obviously Australia would want to win the Series here but it pales into insignificance when compared to the World Cup.

Once the selectors have picked the squad then basically you have to go with those players in the lead up to World Cup barring injuries of course.

Ideally as Ponting did today you want to experiment and find out which bowlers are best suited in bowling at different stages in the game.

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
MrsTarrant Sagittarius

I love you Chrissy Tarrant you rock!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 3:07 pm

O.k cool thanks guys! Yeah Northern Pie I do understand what you are saying mate! LoL I agree with Donny if you had put MJ Slater in your team I would have found it a FANTASTIC idea. Donny you know me far too well but I guess it doesn't take a genious to work that one out! Sorry if I drive you all mad with my Slater talk I will calm down on him by the time footy is back! Just a little bit though!

View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: