Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

ITS THE BEGINNING OF THE END!!!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 4:46 pm
Post subject: ITS THE BEGINNING OF THE END!!!!Reply with quote

well well well, warne is very old, steve waugh ( the greatest eva captain for australia) is finished, glen mcGrath has only a couple of years left in him, 1 of australia's best batters mark waugh is finished. Soon australia will be just as bad as the westindies side of today! think about it, westindies were the greatest team by a mile in the 70's and early 90's, then they lost 2 of there greatest players, there attack started to get weaker and now look at them! look at the westindies now and your looking at the future australian team besides the fact that there black! start appreciating this australian team cause its not going to last much longer! the signs are already coming early!

footy ROX!
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 4:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i think the squad they picked is crap. If they are going to pick crap players who dont bat or bowl well what do you expect ??

I still maintain that selectors erred by not selecting Langer to open in the one dayes. I would bring Gilchrist in down the order.

Watson and Symonds are fish out of sea. I dont even think they know what they are doing playing for Australia.

What use is Jimmy Maher ?? They pick him as a batsman yet he comes in at number seven or eight......lol lol Doesnt make sense to me.

Australias fielding is at an all time low. Dropped catches are something we are not used to from an Australian team.

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
MrsTarrant Sagittarius

I love you Chrissy Tarrant you rock!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 7:26 pm

Couragous cloke again I think you are jumping the gun a bit but I do see where you are coming from. As for you JLC I seriously doubt that Langer would have saved them LoL Slats would have done a far better job than him and I'm not joking! As for your comments on Watson I think he was by far one of the better bowlers today and a few people let him down in the field and he didn't do too bad with the bat so you can't pick on him! As for Maher they brought him down in the batting order today to let some of the bigger hitters of the ball have a bit of a crack so I don't think you can comment on him either! I do agree with you however on the fact that Australia's fielding is just terrible I don't know what's going on with them! I think the fact that Ponting elected to field first when he won the toss was just the most terrible move and it disappointed me extremely as I love Punter but gee I don't even think Steve Waugh would have elected to field first today! Hogg was another real shocker I actually feel sorry for the guy because he was simply terrible. You always criticise Martyn too but he was probably one of the better bowlers although he didn't take a wicket he didn't go for too many runs either. However Martyn's batting wasn't too crash hot he didn't take control when he needed too and was simply too slow but none of the others did anything! Overall it was a shocking performance with an overly confident Ponting who thought he would end the day quicker making Sri Lanka bat and now we look like fools! Very disappointing Ricky!

View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 7:41 pm

Very astute, Mrs Tazza. Ponting definitely erred in sending Sri Lanka in. Historically, teams do not chase well in day/nighters at the SCG.

Sri Lanka was down and Ricky let them off the hook. Steve Waugh would have batted and buried them, or tried too, anyway.

Donny.

GO THE MIGHTY WOODSMEN !! ALL THE WAY IN 2003 AND BEYOND !!!!
Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 8:29 pm

we have a wealth of talent ready and waiting in the wings to keep Australian Cricket on top....the problems faced by the west indians are not the dame as ours, their problem is that cricket is becoming less popular as stupid americna sports are having more influence on the younger generation...the West Indian deliema started long before their success, this is the same case with alot of teams world wide who failed to set up an academy or developemant structure as the aussies did. I think there is alot of talent coming through the ranks and we needn't worry too much, they will probably drop a few test matches unitl they gel and start working as a team again...this take a little bit of time and adjustment, but it will happen....

My main concern is that Australia are trying to hard to stay number one and have to face facts that they may need to lose a couple of tests while they blood the new talent, I think they should get these new guys into tests earlier, especially during the ashes series....when we won the first three tests it would have been a great time to get these kids amongst it for the final 2 tests and give some of the boys some more rest....pretty much like Mick Malthouses first year with us...stuck with the youth and look where it got him.....

That is for the test side of course as for this one day Pajamma cricket well they can keep it.....lol

"NEVER LEAVE, NEVER GIVE UP ON THEM AND ALWAYS BE THERE AT THE END TO CLAP THEM OFF THE GROUND. WE ARE COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTERS SON, EVEN IF THEY BEAT US, WE ARE STILL BETTER THAN THEM!"(quote from my mum when I was 8 years old)
MrsTarrant Sagittarius

I love you Chrissy Tarrant you rock!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 9:42 pm

Well said Northern Pie very right you are!

View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 1:10 am

Im not saying Langer would have won us the game. However what i am saying is that i would rather see Gilchrist come in later in the innings and be our "big hitter". He is the best stroke player in team. I just think against quality bowling and the new ball he could struggle in South Africa.

Thats cool we will agree to disagree on Jimmy Maher.

Watson i think has been picked one World Cup too early ??

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 6:59 am

just read an article in baggy green and have discovered that your right north pie, Westindies were struggling to find good young players to support them in future because most kids were becoming more interested in games like basketball!! but the signs are still there my friends, mabye i am being abit harsh but in 1,2 or mabye 3 years time australia will be down the drain and england will be winning the ashes once again! in my opinion australia made the biggest mistake for a long time by dropping steve waugh for the world cup, in my eyes and several others, he was there only chance to take the trouphy home to australia again! STUPID MOVE SELECTORS!

footy ROX!
BJ Aquarius

Harry C - The champion of the Harrys

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 7:20 am

If the weather is good and you win the toss, bat.
If the weather is bad and you win the toss, bat.

The pitches are so good now for most one day games, that setting a target has to be far easier than chasing one. Pshycologicaly, to have 300 plus on the board must be a bonus to defend, and when chasing nearly 7 an over, one or two bad overs puts pressure on you straight away..

As for the Aussies, I reckon the selectors are playing around, using this series as a practice session before the world cup.

BJ

Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 10:48 am

Assasin I agree, The Action is definatly Suspect. Tha ball I am eorried about is the one that skids on and is about 20 K/hour faster than his normal pace, this is very definately a throw, something that is easily covered up during testing with the ICC.....the problem is SL made such a fuss about it all that any umpire in the world is way to scared to call a no ball, and I as I have stated Earlier some umpires are scared to call him for a no-ball at all, even when overstepping incase they get accused of callin him for chucking....I have posted my opinion about this before under a different thread.....check it out assasin and let me know what you think.

Cheers

"NEVER LEAVE, NEVER GIVE UP ON THEM AND ALWAYS BE THERE AT THE END TO CLAP THEM OFF THE GROUND. WE ARE COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTERS SON, EVEN IF THEY BEAT US, WE ARE STILL BETTER THAN THEM!"(quote from my mum when I was 8 years old)
gobbles21 Virgo

It is what it is...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 1:32 pm

I totaly agree with Mrs Tazza and Northern Pie. There is no way that loosing 2 matches can mean we are on the way down. We may fall slightly and not be so far ahead of everyone else, but if we blood some useful youngsters, give them some experience at the higest level and develop them in to international players, I don't see why we still can't be at the top.

In the batting department we have Michael Clarke, Simon Katich and Marcus North. Bowling there is Ahley Noffke, Nathan Bracken, Brad Williams and Nathan Hauritz. And some allrounders with promise are Cameron White, Shane Watson and Dominic Thonerly.

There is no reason we cant stay on top of the world for at least the next 5 years.

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:36 am

Hey, that Assassin blokes sounds a bit familiar. Wink

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: