Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#35 Nick Daicos

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Video's of Nick Daicos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4iElDX6tus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV92CunMroU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=177vseZWTKw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fLQ3uRQaJ0

The General Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:47 pm

I guess things at Carlton are worse then appear if he has committed to us rather than go into the draft and chance getting picked up by them.
gurugeoff 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:48 pm

Why can’t clubs be nice to each other, and let him come to us on our first bid. He’s coming to us anyway, so do something nice in this dark times.

Why would you pick daicos number 1, we match it, so then North pick someone else, that young fella knowing that North wanted someone else really
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:53 pm

He moves a lot more like his dad than Josh does.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:01 pm

Highlight Package from this year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDaRSUdQhNM

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:17 pm

Dave The Man wrote:

I looked at all the highlights .......nothing really stood out.
I remember looking at his father when he first appeared in the seconds.
He looked awesome then.
Nick looks a good kick but we will wait and see.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:46 pm

gurugeoff wrote:
Why can’t clubs be nice to each other, and let him come to us on our first bid. He’s coming to us anyway, so do something nice in this dark times.

Why would you pick daicos number 1, we match it, so then North pick someone else, that young fella knowing that North wanted someone else really

Five reasons - 1 ) it’s the recruiting teams night off nights. They are obliged to pick whoever they believe is the best player available that suits their needs.
2 ) What if the bidding club decided they wouldn’t nominate the player because they knew he was an F / S selection. However what they didn’t know was that the F / S club wasn’t prepared to commit to such a high bid. The club who didn’t nominate him may have just missed out on the very player they really wanted.
3 ) the sooner you flush out the two F / S nominations, then the further all other clubs move up the draft order and position themselves better for any swapping of picks on the night.
4 ) you can’t afford to give opposition clubs a free hit. The dogs matched the number one pick last year as an NGA prospect. Imagine if clubs didn’t call out Darcy early and they handed them yet another 10 year key forward on a plate.
5 ) it’s Collingwood
think better 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:00 am

Dave The Man wrote:

He looks like he makes quick and good decisions. Knows when to take the game on or get rid of it quickly.

think better 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:18 pm

I can't believe there isn't more excitement about this one - I know it was all but a done deal but now that its confirmed it is pretty damn good
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:39 pm

think better wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

He looks like he makes quick and good decisions. Knows when to take the game on or get rid of it quickly.

The problem with a Nick Daicos highlight reel is that they aren’t really highlights. He does this stuff week in, week out every time he’s around the footy. Judd was quicker and Rowell was stronger but no one reads the play like this kid does. He has a sixth sense on the football field and you can’t highlight that on a video clip.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:47 pm

burnsy17 wrote:
He moves a lot more like his dad than Josh does.

They both move with that low centre of gravity. I think being taller makes him look more like his old man. Peter and now Nick actually remind me of johnny Greening in the way they move. Can't wait to see him play for us round one next year.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:13 pm

Welcome to the Magpies young Kid Daicos Mk 3. Looks a really future talented player, great pick up, finally we get something right, for Trades, Draft etc, after last yrs total train wreck, now we can put Treolar and Stevo behind us, and move on.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
ronrat 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:24 pm

What happens if say North pick out Sam Darcy first and he is matched by dogs. Then they call out Nick. Could we claim he was actually pick 2 not pick 1. I mean how farcical would it be if one club started just plucking out all the F/S that are highly ranked. Say 4 picks that are matched. They get who they want at their 5th pick. The premiers then get pick 14 instead of 18 and the side finishing 8th could move up 4 picks as well. If North have a potential top 5 pick FS in the future any of those 4 clubs will remember and at the first opportunity one of hose clubs seeks revenge or someone with a pick around 18-20 bid on a NGA player or stuff up their salary cap by attacking their restricted free agency players forcing the club to match bids.

It could end up like the Richmond-Collingwood war of the 1980s. Those who remember it will tell you it was carnage. Nearly sent both clubs to the wall financially.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:06 pm

ronrat wrote:
What happens if say North pick out Sam Darcy first and he is matched by dogs. Then they call out Nick. Could we claim he was actually pick 2 not pick 1. I mean how farcical would it be if one club started just plucking out all the F/S that are highly ranked. Say 4 picks that are matched. They get who they want at their 5th pick. The premiers then get pick 14 instead of 18 and the side finishing 8th could move up 4 picks as well. If North have a potential top 5 pick FS in the future any of those 4 clubs will remember and at the first opportunity one of hose clubs seeks revenge or someone with a pick around 18-20 bid on a NGA player or stuff up their salary cap by attacking their restricted free agency players forcing the club to match bids.

It could end up like the Richmond-Collingwood war of the 1980s. Those who remember it will tell you it was carnage. Nearly sent both clubs to the wall financially.

Means it would cost us less Points the Pick 1 so club would not mind that Happening

Lot of Teams over the Time have Passed on Bidding on Highly Rated Talents where they Dropped Further then they should

woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:25 pm

The Carlton disaster helped make up his mind i think...plus we have the world class facilities.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 3 of 34   

Jump to: